FLUERIC

WHAT ARE THE ODDS?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

💓 Thank you for upvoting! 💓

kaya_tree

 

“I’ll get going now.” Seungcheol announced after dusting off his jacket. He looked at the moving lump on the mattress.  He watched as his wife's head pop out of the thick blanket.

 

Jeonghan sat up from the bed and yawned, absentmindedly nodding. His husband has developed a new irritating habit. In the morning, before he goes off to work, he would disturb his wife from his slumber just to be sent off. How cruel is that?! He’s already having trouble sleeping, and now he has to get up at 7 in the morning just to wave the mafia boss goodbye? Outrageous! The angel wants to complain but he’s too sleepy to even do it so instead, he complied. “Have a good day
” 

 

Seungcheol squinted his eyes and watched as the blonde lowered his head slowly. His wife is dozing off. “Ahem.”

 

“....”

 

He coughed again.

 

“....”

 

“Choi Jeonghan.”

 

Jeonghan jolted up and clicked his tongue. “Tsk, aish! What is it?!” He’s too sleepy to deal with the tycoon’s petty requests. With his eyes still closed, he turned his head to the side. Can’t a man get some sle-- “Mm!” The blonde’s eyes sprung open when he felt the soft lips against him. T-This!!!

 

When Seungcheol opened his eyes, his wife's face had become all red. Looks like his wife has finally woken up. “You forgot to kiss me goodbye.”  

 

“I--O-oh
” It’s too early for the angel to be blushing this hard! The mafia really knows how to make his steady heart beat fast! The man poked his cheeks before turning his heel to the door. Jeonghan’s brain had malfunctioned. No matter how many times they have kissed, the angel would still become speechless every time his husband would connect their lips.  

 

“See you later, sleepyhead.” The tycoon winked. 

 

Jeonghan watched as the door shut. The angel touched his face and felt how hot it was. Sheesh! Where did his husband learn how to be so charismatic?! Jeonghan flopped down on the bed and muffled his scream on the pillow. He rolled. He must learn how to control his heart or else he will suffer from a heart condition! Jeonghan hugged Prez. (the Superman stuffed toy the mafia got for him) “I don’t think I’ll be able to get back to sleep... Should we head downstairs?” 

 

The angel jumped off the queen size bed and put on his slippers. As he walked towards the halls, he felt a cold breeze pass him by. Jeonghan looked to an empty hall. He stared at the big window at the far end of the house before walking towards it. That’s odd, it’s closed. Where did the air come from? When the angel turned his head to the right, he noticed a room. Has it always been there? He turned the knob and as expected, it’s locked. “Maybe that was just my imagination
” 

 

“Oh, good morning, sir Choi!” Mingyu greeted him when he saw the man walking down the stairs. His eyes traveled to the small plush toy in his boss’ arms and it made him smile. He remembers when the mafia’s wife excitedly told him about his trip to the amusement park with the president. The wife couldn’t stop himself from boasting about his husband’s shooting skills and at that moment Mingyu confirmed that the tycoon is the young boss’ first relationship. He couldn’t forget how red the blonde’s face was. His boss is so fun to tease. “Is that the toy that President Choi won, sire?” 

 

The angel blinked and looked at the plushy, then he looked back to the assistant. “Yes! And Oh! Mingyu-ssi.”

 

“Is there anything you need sir Choi?”

 

Jeonghan hesitated but still asked. “The room on the far right upstairs, the one near the window, is someone using that?” 

 

Mingyu tilted his head to the young boss. “No, sire. It has always been locked. May I ask why?”

 

“Oh.” So it really was just his imagination. “Nothing
 I was just curious.” Jeonghan flopped down on the sofa and had placed his feet on the arm rest, dropping his flip flops all over. “Do we still have apples Mingyu-ssi?”

 

“I will have Jun prepare some for you.” 

 

“Thank you!” Jeonghan watched as the man left for the kitchen. Ahhh~ What a life! Jeonghan crossed his legs and put the plushy on his face. Who would have thought he’d be living a good life? Staying in a big house, having someone at his beck and call, and to top it all off, his filthy rich husband is also unfairly handsome. What did he do to deserve these things?  

 

“Here you are, sir Choi.” Mingyu put down a plate of sliced apples shaped into a swan. “Is there anything else you need?”

 

Jeonghan stuffed his face with a slice and shook  his head. He heard the assistant tell him to ‘eat well’ before bowing to attend whatever errand he has to run.  The angel turned his head to the left and saw his reflection on the glass furniture on the table. He pouted when he saw the dark circles under his eyes. How many days has it been since he’s been having troubles sleeping? Three or four days? 

 

Help

 

The blonde hurriedly sat down. Did he hear someone? He looked around the spacious room and when he found there was none, he sighed and laid on the bed again. Damn it, now, even in the morning it is happening. Jeonghan observed his hand. The angel turned his wrist and stared at his birthmark then at his wedding ring, deep in thoughts. No matter how hard he tries to push it aside, whenever he finds himself in solitude, Jeonghan would recall his interaction with the mafia’s cousin. Being reminded of what happened makes the blonde’s cheerfulness fade. He wishes to soon forget what he has heard and seen. Is this the consequence of owning everything he has now? The angel sighed once more, maybe he should just prepare for school early today


 

*****

 

“Woah! Yoon Jeonghan, these are delicious!” Jisoo waved his chopsticks as he swallowed a thin sliced meat. The fox-eyed man tapped his hand on the small table. “Waa- seriously, do you eat this kind of food everyday?!”

 

Today, Jeonghan brought a lunchbox. He and his best friend decided to have their lunch in Jisoo’s apartment since they haven’t done it in a while. “You ask that everyday Jisoo.” 

 

“I know but---” Jisoo scooped a spoonful of kimchi fried rice and gulped it down. “I can’t get over it. You hit the jackpot man.” 

 

“Hahaha... I guess you could say that. So, back to your story?” 

 

“Oh yeah! So, I had dinner with my parents last night and my dad said he had talked to his business partner and he agreed to have me as an intern!”

 

“Really? That’s good Jisoo! That means you don’t have to worry about applying anymore!” 

 

“Yeah. That really took a huge load off my shoulder. Every single person I’ve talked to in class is under a lot of pressure this job hunting season. Jin said she already applied to six companies and has been waiting for a reply for a week. Ahh just hearing about that stressed me out! I felt a bit guilty telling them that I have connections.” 

 

Jeonghan chewed on a flower shaped carrot. “It must be tough to look for a company
 I should start sending my resume.” 

 

Jisoo paused from feeding himself and looked strangely at Jeonghan. “I’m sorry, Mr. Choi Jeonghan, the one and only legal wife of the CEO of Coups International Corporation, what? Send resume? To which companies exactly??”

 

Jeonghan choked and started coughing when his best friend called him by his wedded name. “Y-Yah! What’s the matter with you? I almost died!” 

 

“Han are you dumb? Did you get amnesia? Have you forgotten that your husband runs a whole- empire?” 

 

That is true, his husband does have a company of his own and it would be way easier for him to talk his way into a position in Seungcheol’s company; but that does not guarantee him a good working life. I mean
 as much as he has feelings for his husband, there’s no denying that the tycoon is a scheming bastard. All the company teas Mingyu spilled to him while waiting for traffic is enough reason for him to not want to be the tycoon’s employee. Having him as a boss would be more difficult than going to a job interview. “We may be married but I have all the rights to choose what company I want to work at.” 

 

“Well, you have a point there Han but if I were you, I’d be practical.” Jisoo stacked the now empty containers and got up from his seat. “I’ll be washing these and then let’s head out, I want to buy iced coffee.” 

 

*****

 

After having a quick lunch in Jisoo’s house and dropping by Starbucks, Jeonghan and his best friend walked back to their university. “I missed hanging out in our old shared apartment. We should have lunch there all the time!” Now that he’s in a ahem--- good relationship with his husband (he blushed) and since they had already been introduced, Jeonghan figured that he’d be able to do this more often. Plus, being around his friend who never shuts up, it would make it easier for him to refrain from thinking of bad things. Ahh, maybe he could even have a sle-- eh? The angel stopped walking and turned. 

 

“Jeonghan? Did you forget something?” 

 

“A--ah no. Jisoo, don’t you feel like someone’s following us?” Jeonghan felt a pair of eyes on him at the dark narrow alley they had just passed by. He was sure he saw something glisten. He walked closer to his best friend. 

 

“Ha? Why would anyone follow us? Yoon Jeonghan do you think you are some sort of idol?”  Of course, his best friend would think it's ridiculous. Who would follow them?  He looked at the blonde with so much judgement in his eyes that made the other's face flush. 

 

“Ya! Stop being mean to me! It was just a feeling! Why do y---” Jeonghan’s worries and anger disappeared completely and his jaw dropped when he saw a familiar man under the shade of a tall tree beside the university. “Appa?” 

 

“Uncle Heechul? Where?” Jisoo looked around. Jeonghan’s father coming to his school? That’s odd. Jisoo looked around. He doesn’t see any middle-aged man in funky clothes, is the blonde hallucinating? “I don’t see him, wait---”

 

When Jisoo turned his head to his best friend’s point of view, he saw a tall, lean man cladded in an expensive blue suit being surrounded by a gushing flock of college girls. His aura is so powerful! If Jeonghan is calling him appa, then that means
 “Are you telling me that’s Seungcheol-ssi’s father?!” He couldn’t believe it! Jisoo’s mouth remained open. He must have his best friend introduce him! “Ya! My very cool best friend, do you need a step- eh? You bastard, you left me!” 

 

“A-appa! It-it’s too hot here! Quick, go inside your car!” The moment Jeonghan spotted the man, he ran towards him. He didn’t expect to see the older Choi in front of his school gate. He was so shocked that he didn’t waste time to get him away from the crowd. This is soooo not good! Wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter