ANGELS MEET DEVILS

WHAT ARE THE ODDS?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"Kim Heechul, we’ve been looking for you."

 

The angel's face scrunched up and a painful sigh left his lips. He's panting, cold sweats dropped from his forehead. He's been running for hours and just when he thought he lost them, he heard a gunshot. He never thought he’d hear the familiar voice again. He's doomed. He's really doomed this time. He has no way out.

 

Why did he run in a narrow alley?! Haven't he learned from all those action movies he saw all these years?! In every movie, don't the stupid supporting actors always find themselves running to a dead end? Why is he so stupid?

 

Out of all the people he could have tricked, why did he come across with Korea's top-of-the-food-chain crime lord who's a rich businessman on the surface?!

 

He could have had a big stack of money by now from a small time loan shark but no, he was too greedy. He wanted to earn millions! Now the only thing he'll be earning are bullets to his thick skull.

 

Kim Heechul; 49 years old, a grandson of one of God's most trusted archangel had found himself in deep trouble 3 years ago after knowing that the man he had scammed is the young boss of a big underground organization.

 

Heechul joined an unofficial, exclusive bidding event in Taiwan to sell his grandfather's only memory, 'the plume of Seo.'

 

Everyone who attended were intrigued by the majestic looking feather and when Heechul announced where it's from, businessmen, archeologists, and museum directors crowded him and offered him thousands of dollars but because he's easily blinded by money, Heechul declined the offer, he knew he could have those fools double, and even triple their offers so he waited until the actual bidding started. And, just as he thought, bidders went crazy over the 40,000 year old religious artifact.

 

Heechul could not hide his joy knowing that a piece of his rusty, late grandpa's feather (bless his soul), is the only concrete evidence that angels 'did' exist and that it will instantly turn him into a billionaire.

 

After a heart stopping bid, the artifact was sold to a skinny tall man with cat eyes whom they call CSC for $350,000. Who would have thought a young man like him would be interested to a feather? Heechul thought he might be a museum successor. Hehe, he's an easy target. Heechul's plan will be a piece of cake.

 

In a plain room full of men in black designer suits, the business started. Heechul was hesitant after seeing that the place was full of elite body guards but he couldn't go back when he was suddenly escorted by a middle-aged foreigner inside.

 

There, Heechul saw two men obediently standing, one is hella tall and the other is the skinny successor. His eyes focused on the center of the room, to a young man sitting like a boss on a white cushion.

 

Oh, so skinny successor isn't CSC but the model sitting prettily? Tch.

 

Heechul didn't like how handsome the kid looked. He was wearing a white polo with a few buttons open showing a silver necklace, his blond hair raised up along with the long silver piercing on his right ear made him look like an American rich gangster in a Hollywood film. To Heechul, the young man looks like a spoiled brat.

 

The man looked at the angel and raised his brow. "Is that him?"

 

A vein popped in his head when the kid looked western spoke in Korean with a mocking tone. This kid has no respect for his elderly!!!

 

Heechul watched as the boy order his men to pull out a briefcase full of money with a snap of a finger. The kid was being so cocky and if it weren't for the stack of money being displayed in front of his greedy eyes, Heechul would have landed a knuckle on his head.

 

"Mr. Kim, please sit down."

 

After doing so, Heechul watched as some men assessed the artifact with their high end technology that he doesn't know existed. It took some minutes until the eldest one whispered something to the master. Heechul sweat dropped when the young boss raised a hand- but it was immediately turned into glee after one of the men gave the boss some papers and pen.

 

Once the contract signing was done, the two had exchanged cases. When young master stood, the people in the back bowed their heads to the trader and turned their heels to follow the leader.

 

"W--wait! I'd like to express my gratitude first, why don't we have lunch?" although, it's a bad idea, seeing that the kid has 2 young, capable escorts, Heechul still has to continue his plan.

 

"We had a good business Mr. Kim, but our boss needs to attend another meeting." The tall man helpfully replied.

 

Heechul only nodded. Once the three boys left, he immediately got in his car and followed them. The silver sedan pulled over a restaurant a few miles away from the gallery.

 

Heechul took a few turns and parked his rented car a block away from his target. He took a black briefcase from the backseat and opened it to reveal a replica of the plum. Heechul examined it and nodded, satisfied at the work.

 

He discreetly entered the parking lot and spotted the young boss and his men entering the elevator without a briefcase. Heechul grinned; this will be way easier than he thought.

 

He went to a corner where the CCTV cameras won't see him and drew a sign on the ground. Heechul stepped inside of it and in a few moments, he found himself inside the silver sedan.

 

Heechul used a flash light and found the original case safely sitting on the backseat. He switched the two and he was about to leave when the car door opened. His heart stopped when he saw the foreigner who escorted him inside the meeting room earlier.

 

The foreigner was equally shocked so taking this as an opportunity, Heechul sprint for his life.

 

"HEY!"

 

He heard the man cursing and speaking in another language but he didn't look back. He was busy saving his and when he got out of the restaurant, he ran to where he secretly parked his car and pulled a mat with the same sign he drew earlier and put it on his seat.

 

Once the foreigner spotted the car, his boss and the other men forcefully opened the doors but they got furious after finding it empty.

 

Heechul laughed at the four while on top of a complex. He being part angel is definitely useful. He knows the kids will not be able to tell the police since the bidding was unofficial and was kept hidden from the government.

 

The replica he left isn't that bad anyway, it could still fool anyone. Once they put in glass, no one would know it‘s fake, so they should really just go home and accept that they got conned.

 

The angel was about to walk off when he heard a gunshot. He panicked and lowered his head. What the ? How do those brats own a gun? The angel tried his best to listen to their conversation using his almighty divine powers.

 

"....inform father I killed his assistant for being useless."

 

Heechul's eyes widened. He peeked and saw the foreigner's body on the ground, blood sipping through his stained dress shirt. Th--the kid-- he shot the old man!

 

"Sir, we are in Taiwan right now, we might need to leave now before the authorities come."

 

"Hanahaki is a big syndicate, we have men based here. Call the Taiwanese thorns and have them deal with this. I need them to get me that scum so I can kill him with my own hands."

 

Heechul shivered in fright. T--the kid is really a member of Hanahaki?! And the way he ordered the two--- he's the big boss?! Heechul gulped. There's no way the people he talked to are part of the biggest syndicate in Korea-- the kids must have just copied the name of the infamous organization to scare of their enemies.

 

The con artist wanted to believe yet his heart is still pounding fast. Even if they are not part of Hanahaki, they're still murderers! The angel put his hand to his head, what the did he got himself into?!

 

Heechul sat there and proceeded to come up with an escape plan, after so much thinking, the angel had decided that there's only one safe place for him, and that's not on earth.

 

Heechul, with the bit of strength he has left, teleported to heaven. The soft cotton clouds made him feel secured. He watched as a few of them greet him and pass by. They didn't even look surprised at the state of the man.

 

Heechul is pretty popular for his misbehavior so they got used to him showing up looking like he got chased by a dog. After a minute, the man rolled and stood up with a sigh of relief. Maybe it's time for him to lie low in heaven and visit his old 'friend.'

 

The angel cursed himself for angering God last week. He had been living a good life up there and o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter