TROUBLE IN PARADISE?

WHAT ARE THE ODDS?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

💓 Thank you for upvoting! 💓

vincent97, jeongjeongie1004, sassin95

 

Seoul, South Korea (Sunday, 20:45)

 

“Ah! School! I have a class at 8 A.M.!” Jeonghan, who couldn’t sleep well in the hotel room or on the plane because he’s trying to avoid a certain mafia, was about to fall into a deep slumber in the back seat of his husband’s car when he realized he is still a student. How could he forget?! Tomorrow is the start of second semester!

 

Meanwhile the mafia stared at the boy who’s still internally screaming. Contrary to his wife, he felt relieved. Seungcheol was a bit concerned about his wife’s mental state. Ever since the night he woke him up, the blonde had been different. Seungcheol thought that their trip back to Seoul was eerily quiet that’s why when his wife woke up frantically, he felt at ease.

 

With a deadpan tone the president spoke: “Just drop out, I won’t let you work anyway, wife.”

 

“Drop out? Are you crazy? I’m already halfway finished with my degree, I can’t just drop out!”

 

Mingyu watched from the rearview mirror how his boss got a little surprised when his wife didn’t try to take back his disrespectful way of speaking, but what’s even more shocking is the fearful mafia, the boss of a merciless private police force and underground assassination agency kept calm. The thorn shifted his eyes to the new Choi and wondered why the president has been patient with him. Knowing the mafia’s hot temper, how could he let the blonde talk like that?

 

Did something happen while they were in the Maldives? The elite assistant also noticed how the mafia winces whenever he touches his forehead. Did the wife hit the boss? Does he really not value his life? What is wrong with him? And what happened to his boss? Has he become a battered husband?

 

The assistant is itching to know every juicy detail of the mafia’s honeymoon trip to make sense of the current scenario in the car but he knows he should not pry. At some point, Mingyu thought they’ve become close because the boss had been oddly kind to them when he gave orders via phone calls while he was away. But right now, there’s some solid invisible gap between the two. He can’t believe he’s wrong.

 

Wonwoo noticed the grimace on the driver’s face and he smirked. He casually opened his palm to the man and Mingyu scoffed before putting a wad of cash down. “Love doesn’t bloom overnight, Gyu.”

 

“But I don’t understand! Sir Minhyuk said they were like----”

 

“Shh-- You imbecile.” Wonwoo looked at the red traffic light and picked out his phone. The assistant immediately sent a text to the man next to him.

 

 

TO: KIM IDIOT

You're gonna get us caught, idiot.

And have you forgotten Sir Minhyuk's infamous line 'breathe if you love me?'

why would you believe someone who has a new love interest every week?

 

TO: MY FOX JEON 😍🩊

Ur right

but

Im telling u!!!!!

I havent lost

Soon

U will see

Mr.Choi

become whipped for president Choi!!!

 

TO: KIM IDIOT

Didn't I tell you to stop texting like that? You're hurting my eyes.

By the looks of it, you would have to wait a while, Mingyu. 

Watch the president make things worse. 

 

 

Mingyu gave a puzzled look to Wonwoo. He wanted to ask what the older man meant by that but he was interrupted by the honking car behind them. The light had already turned green, signaling him to continue driving. The tall man let go of his curiosity. He’ll have to know later. Mingyu fixed his eyes on the road and pulled the gearstick before running the car smoothly out of the traffic.

 

“----Wonwoo, Choi Jeonghan academic status update. “As if on cue, Seungcheol snapped to call the attention of his assistant in front.

 

Seungcheol thought, since his wife is being a bit too stubborn right now, he must demonstrate his power and connection again to exert dominance over him.

 

And there he goes. Wonwoo spoke in his mind. The slim man sitting shotgun immediately kept the money and phone in his pockets and pulled out a laptop before clearing his throat: “I have completely acquired Sir Choi Jeonghan’s school information. He’s currently enrolled in Pledis University, taking up Business Management. Current Dean, Mrs. Jeong Chun Hwa, alumni of Korea University. His first class starts at 8 A.M. sharp with professor Kim, graduate of Gyeonggi National University batch ‘94, He’ll be taking the class with 20 students including his roommate Hong Jisoo. At--”

 

“STOP!” Jeonghan yelled and it successfully made the man stop spilling his information. His face has turned red. He faced the mafia and pointed him. His tone, accusatory. “Y-you stalker! That’s illegal! Stop invading my privacy!”

 

Seungcheol turned his head to the blushing boy and asked. “What privacy, wife?”

 

“S-stop calling me that!” Jeonghan’s face reddened even more. Why does he have to be so cringey? Why does he have to call Jeonghan ‘wife’ or ‘babe’ when he can just call him by his name? It doesn’t suit the mafia’s dark image. The man next to him just doesn’t get it, does he? Even if they’re legally married, it doesn’t mean he should follow every word the man says, he’s not his slave. Why would he listen to the criminal? He already gave up his marital status for him. Why does he have to be greedy and invade the angel’s fantasy personal life?!

 

“Wonwoo what is the distance between the house and Pledis University?” Seungcheol asked his assistant, never tearing his eyes away from his wife.

 

“Thirteen kilometers sir.”

 

“Thirteen kilometers. We’re living in Seoul and your class starts at 8 A.M.” The mafia replied to the blonde, matter of fact.

 

Thirteen kilometers? What?! Jeonghan's madness dissipated when he realized just how far his university is. Does this mean he has to allot at least an hour for his transportation? But he hates taking the subway! Why did this happen to him? Even Josh arrives late for school because of him! And they only live five minutes away from--- Aha! The angel’s eyes widened when an idea popped in his mind.

 

“Then, I suppose there's no other way. I have to stay in my apartment.” Jeonghan tried to make himself sound nonchalant. As if he hadn’t just thought of a way to stay away from the man he was forced to marry.

 

"Why would you do that when we have a house?" However, Seungcheol is like a dense motherer that will not understand the struggles of the oppressed, poor, weak (victim) wife.

 

There it goes again, we. Jeonghan tried hard not to blush at the possessive pronoun. "T-to save money for transportation of course! If I stayed in my apartment while I'm studying, I wouldn't have to worry about traveling back to o-our house."

 

The angel wanted to hit himself for playing along but he knew well it's the only way for him to get what he wants.

 

“No need. If you really want to study, then transfer to the ones closer to our home. Mingyu, call Lee Minhyuk and assist him to Hyeon University. ” Although Jeonghan’s university is also known for its competitive and smart students, it’s still not an elite University. The mafia cannot have his wife studying in such a lacking school and he certainly will not allow him to live near it.

 

Meanwhile Jeonghan’s jaw dropped at the mention of the school. “H-Hyeon University? As in the business school?!”

 

“Yes, as in the business school.”

 

H-Hyeon University as--- as in one of the most prestigious University in Korea?! That’s every business student’s dream school! And Lee Minhyuk? Is he talking about the current president of the school? Wow, this mafia certainly has good connections! Jeonghan’s tempted to take the offer and although studying in the school for elites would look good on his resume, the angel’s goal right now is to stay away from the mafia.

 

“N-no it’s fine. I don’t have the money--- I can’t afford to study in such a school.”

 

He doesn’t want to transfer, he wants to go back to his peaceful everyday life with his best friend, Jisoo. So with regrets, the boy declined.

 

“Why do you worry about money when you are married to a CEO? I can buy that university for you.”

 

Jeonghan's eyes widened. Is he hearing this right?! Is the mafia trying to say he’ll handle his school expenses?! Does that mean he doesn’t have to go to his part time job? Is the mafia telling him he’ll pay that university’s transferee fees? Miscellaneous fees? Buy him overpriced textbooks? Will he finally get to eat at the renowned Michelin star restaurant that so happens to be the “cafeteria” of the filthy rich bastards in Hyeon University?!

 

This is such a golden opportunity! Jeonghan’s eyes twinkled just by thinking of all the delicious food he had been drooling over on Mukbang blogs. He must take i-- Argh! no!

 

The blond shook his head. He shouldn’t be blinded by money! He's not supposed to let the devil get to him! He would not want to be in debt to the mafia. He can support himself! He doesn't need the bastards money! He managed just fine these past few years, he’ll survive this semester.

 

Jeonghan clenched his teeth and silently bid goodbye to his ticket to a stress-free college life. “It’s my last year, it would be a waste to transfer now. Plus my friend has a really good apartment, it's only a five minute walk from the university. I don’t want to burden Ming-Mingyu-ssi, you might need him to run errands for you. Really, I’ll be fine.”

 

The mafia boss raised a brow at the boy who’s showing him an angelic smile, convincing the mafia to believe him, but the leader isn’t that easy to manipulate so he moved closer to his wife and trapped him inside his arms. “Are you trying to avoid me, wife?”

 

. He was found out! Jeonghan gulped, once again he made eye contact with his husband’s murderous eyes so he quickly faked a laugh: “A-ahahaha! W-what are you saying? W-we just got married! S-so so many things to settle--- of course I wanna spend time to get to know youuuuuuu.”

 

Seungcheol relaxed when he saw the shameless aegyo of the boy. He returned to his original seat and chuckled. “And you said you’re not gay.”

 

Jeonghan’s face immediately turned red when the mafia made a snarky comment. He’s embarrassed and angry. He doesn’t know how to respond to the mafia. Whatever he says, the mafia would counter. He really wants to strangle him.

 

A flashback of everything that happened to him since the night they met started playing in his mind: from his unlucky and bad timing visit in his dad’s house, his stupid father stupidly getting carried away because of his dumb decisions, the mafia’s oppression, the mafia’s dysfunctional father, his own father’s materialism, the damn wedding, his ed up dream, down to the mafia’s shameless teasing, Jeonghan could feel his blood boiling.

 

“What? Cat’s got your tongue?”

 

Instead of replying, Jeonghan thought it would be much wiser if he didn’t respond. The boy chewed on his lips and crossed his arms. If he hear one more word from the mafia, he will explode.

 

“Wi--”

 

“ OFF!”

 

Just like that time when he saw his dad, Jeonghan's nose and ears were flaming. His whole face was red, the angel’s brows were knitted and his eyes were dark, if one would look even closer, you could see fire in his pupils.

 

Mingyu accidentally hit the break when his boss’ wife suddenly raised his voice. Everyone in the car were surprised at how furious the boy was. They didn’t expect his angelic face to know how to curse nor did they expect him to raise his voice. Yes, even the mafia was startled.

 

Jeonghan saw the offended look on the mafia and the curious eyes of the assistants and it made him shrank in his seat. He wants to go down on his knees and apologize to the criminals for yelling at the ultimate boss but he decided not to. What f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter