RUMOR HAS IT

WHAT ARE THE ODDS?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So, did you find it?” The man asked as he played with the hair of one of the topless women in his spacious bed. His face was hidden in the shadows but one can tell that his hair was curly and that he has broad shoulders; the toned body full with tattoos and blunt nails marks.

 

“Uh…” The man who had been standing behind the door for ten minutes sweat dropped. The room was eerily quiet and the three big dogs salivating at the sight of him just below the master’s bed just gave him more reason to be terrified. “A—actually boss it was not in the house.”

 

“Oh? So you’re telling me I wasted my money and precious time on you?” His face may not be seen but his eyes were easily caught by the lowly hunter.

 

The man may speak relaxed but his eyes were dead, they were as if, the man’s soul. He could not hide his panic when the lying body rose from the bed and walked to him. He was bare footed, long legs strode casually and it made the man even more nervous. “B—boss I--- I swear I will—I will g-get it f-from Ch—Choi Seung---“

 

“Shhh. You’ve had your chance.” He put a finger against his mouth. Now the moon light revealed the tall, lean man’s handsome face. His canine tooth shone as he spoke. “Rules are rules, Mr. Kang.”

 

The sweating man’s eyes grew large and shook as the leader rose his warm hand to pat the trembling cheeks. The man gulped. “B—boss”

 

The younger had a small smile on his face before he twisted the man’s neck. The cracking sound was quickly followed by a thud. He kicked the lifeless body’s head.

 

“Get him babies.”

 

The command made the three Dobermans’ eyes turn pure red as they raced to their dinner. Chewing sounds were heard as they ravished the man’s skin. The tall man watched his pets feast on his useless servant as he dialed his phone; never leaving his eyes on the blood that was crawling on the white carpet. “Have you planted someone in the organization? These sinners are useless as .”

 

The man had his finger playing with his lower lip as he listened to the person on the other line. His blank expression was replaced with a bright, sinister smile, his canine tooth showing. “That’s just perfect. I’m impressed. You may carry it out as soon as you can.”

 

The man turned off his phone and put it back in his pockets. He looked at the remains of the man, with his dogs still eating the flesh; the tall man smirked before going back to bed.

 

*****

 

Everything has been going well for Jeonghan. He’s finally adjusting to his life as a rich man’s wife and he’s handling his classes well. Even though he had a small crisis last night, now that he’s not controlled by lust, it had dawned in him that he hasn’t caught feelings with the mafia. It was just his hormones. According to his books, when a person is in need of , their body releases hormones that affect their emotional stability. Jeonghan isn’t developing a crush on the man; it was just an earthly reaction, that’s right! The angel nodded to himself. “All is going well!”

 

Meanwhile, his best friend Jisoo who was sitting in front of him gave him a dirty look. “What’s going on with you?

 

Jeonghan realized he had spoken out loud. He laughed awkwardly. “Ah--- ha ha, nothing, I was just motivating myself… I can finish this semester! Everything will be fine!”

 

The best friends were in the ice cream parlor in the university belt. Jisoo was working on with his homework while Jeonghan was eating ice cream. It was a windy and quiet afternoon.

 

“You should stop telling yourself things like that when you’re not even doing your homework!”Jisoo had always been the one stopping the blonde’s procrastination.

 

When Jeonghan rolled his eyes and took out his new laptop from his bag, his friend gave him another suggestive look. He knew what the fox-eyed boy will say so he raced him to it. “Yoon Jeonghan, why do you have a new laptop? Well, Hong Jisoo, since my father is basically rich now, I pressured him into buying things and took all the money I could from him.”

 

The angel ironically had always been a good actor. When he gets serious, he could easily trick people with his Hollywood standard acting skills. And although Jisoo knows this and is equally skeptical of his best friend, he was still fooled. “Ohhh, good job Jeonghan but you should have thought of me too! Since Uncle Heechul is loaded, I’m sure he wouldn’t mind if you spend some of his doe on your best friend!”

 

The two continued to talk while doing their homework. Jeonghan was lost in space as he thought of words that would be appropriate in the text he’s typing when the wind blew. His soft blond hair moved the way the wind blew. The sound of the leaves getting swayed relaxed Jeonghan, he wanted to take a nap, his eyes were slowly closing when a gray paper hit his face. “Ak! What the-”

 

Jeonghan scrunched his face and pulled the object off his face. Who the threw a news paper on his face?! They’re going to get it from him! His grumpy eyes widened when he saw that the face he’s very familiar with was on it. Jeonghan’s heart shattered in the background as he read the malicious article. The angel felt his whole world falling apart and even though he didn’t want to continue knowing more information about this story, his eyes never left the ink. He bit his lower lip.

 

“Ya, what do you have there, Jeonghan?” Jisoo tried to peak at the paper his best friend is holding from where he was sitting but decided to get up instead. He stood behind the blonde and looked over his shoulder “O—the president of Coups Corporation was seen in a hotel with the famous actress Ji-ah? I think they would look good together but seriously? Why do journalists think these kind of news are relev--”

 

“My stomach hurts Jisoo, I’ll just use the rest room, you can head to class first!” Jeonghan tried his best to hide his shaking voice. Without the paper covering Jeonghan’s face, his best friend would immediately see the change The angel’s head hangs low as he put his stuff back inside his back and quickly, without even letting his best friend speak, walked away.

 

RISING ACTRESS SEEN MESSING AROUND WITH A YOUNG TYCOON?

The CEO of Coups Corporation was seen entering the said hotel on a Tuesday night just a few minutes after the rising super star Kim Ji-ah went inside. This wasn’t the first time the two were spotted in the same hotel. Some guests also saw the two in Yang Hotel two days before the photo of them talking in the lobby was taken. According to our reliable sources, the young tycoon and Ji-ah have met around early this year. There were even rumors that the actress received a business class flight ticket to Hawaii from the Choi….

 

Jeonghan felt his palm sweating; he had his fist closed, the paper crumpled in his hand as he tried to hold the anger that’s building in him. Is that where the mafia went off to last night? So he was right after all, the man did meet some pretty woman and ed her. The angel’s eyes started to sting. Jeonghan hates this. He doesn’t like this feeling. He doesn’t like how his heart feels very heavy, he doesn’t like how the mafia, after kissing him, left to find comfort from a woman. He doesn’t like how after that, he came home to him, had breakfast with him, kissed him goodbye before he left work like he wasn’t screwing someone behind his back.

 

The angel reached the empty play ground near the school. He took his phone and messaged his best friend that he can’t finish the rest of the class and that he will come home instead. He was about to slump on the swing when his phone vibrated.

 

Jeonghan immediately lighted his phone because he thought that the text sender is his best friend, that’s why he became even more furious when he read who the message was from.

 

From: Choi Seungcheol

I’ll be home a little late, wife. I’ve got some urgent matters to attend.

 

The angel couldn’t hold himself back and thought of the worse. The mafia will probably meet that ugly actress again later tonight, that’s why he’ll be home late. Just the thought of the man meeting that woman made Jeonghan want to explode. His fingers typed fast, he sarcastically chuckled as he changed his husband’s contact information on his phone.

 

To: Cheating Jerk

Oh really? Why does it sound more like an excuse? Do what you want. I don’t care anyway.

 

Jeonghan threw his phone on the sand box out of frustration and hugged his bag. A whimper came from his mouth, and that’s when he realized that his cheeks were wet. “Yoon Jeonghan, why are you crying over this?” He could not understand himself. Why does he feel like he was betrayed? What’s going on with him?

 

“Am I having a crush on him?” Jeonghan asked himself as the flashes of his memories with the mafia played in his mind. He remembered how he feels when the tycoon is around. Jeonghan’s lips that were frowning started to tremble when he realized his own feelings. He suddenly whined in a very childish cry. “I am!”

 

“Yoon Jeonghan you’re so hic--- dumb! Why do you--- hic---- let these things happen to you?”

 

The angel was once again crying loudly, his mouth open as he let tears fall down his beautiful face. There were some passersby who saw him and wanted to ask what’s wrong but the boy was just too loud and would kick his feet around that people didn’t think it was safe to go close to him. Because of this, no kids were able to play at the play ground.

 

Jeonghan heard his phone ring multiple times but he didn’t pick it up. He let himself cry for some time and when he felt that no tears will come out anymore, he wiped his cheeks and nose. He calmed himself down and picked his phone from the ground. There was a message from Jisoo, two from Mingyu (the jerk must have told him about the outburst) and eight messages from the mafia. There were also two missed calls from the assistant and 12 from the tycoon.

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter