YOU CAN'T HIDE THE LOVE BITES!

WHAT ARE THE ODDS?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After that eventful night, Seungcheol did keep his word. Jeonghan woke up sore all over. He just wanted to stay in bed all day. He wanted to skip school but he had an important exam for his major so he reluctantly went downstairs to have breakfast. He’s lucky that his class today starts after lunch so he has plenty of time to rest. 

 

Mingyu, who had just gotten back inside the house from t the garden bushes, saw the young boss and panicked greeted him. 

“Uh.. good morning Mingyu-ssi.” This is the first Jeonghan saw the tall man act awkwardly. Is there something wrong? The angel looked at the face of his assistant and started worrying. “Ommo--- Mingyu-ssi! Your face is red! Are you sick?” 

 

The assistant’s cheeks turned even redder when his boss tilted his head to the side, unintentionally showing something that was on his neck. “J-just feeling a little under the weather Sir Choi. Please don’t mind me. Please wait in the dining area while I call Jun to prepare your breakfast.” He can never look at him the same again. 

 

“Oh-- okay… thanks!” Jeonghan watched his assistant disappear to the kitchen before waddling his way to the dining area. 

 

Jeonghan wondered what today’s breakfast will be. His stomach has been grumbling. He sat at the dining table while waiting for his food. He’s very hungry. How come? Didn’t he eat dinner before going to bed---- ! Now that he’s fully awake, the blonde got reminded of what he had done last night.

 

“Hngg--- don’t touch me there!”

 

“Hn why not, baby?”

 

“Mm! Y--you’re making me!! Oh!”  

 

All the blood on Jeonghan’s body rushed to his face and plenty of them figuratively flowed out of his nose. His head was steaming off smoke. He--- he had just done the do! Oh, how terrible! First, he accused the mafia of cheating, then he cried over it and after that, he ended up having with him! Yoon Jeonghan what on earth did you do?! Why did you let that happen?! He had just started accepting that he might be crushing on the man and he already let him spread his legs! He’s a one of a kind idiot! Jeonghan hit his head with his fist. Ugh! He felt relieved when he realized he didn’t wake up next to the mafia today. How awkward it must have been! He can’t imagine how he’d face the man after he had seen and felt his…. He was packing too… and his body of steel… they were all just….

 

“Waah!” Jeonghan screamed and bumped his head on the glass table. What is he doing?! Why is he having erted thoughts this early?! Yoon Jeonghan you must have spent too much time with the man! Now his bad characteristic is rubbing off on him! He must not let his mind go down the gutter, he has important issues to resolve like: how will he act in front of the mafia? He can’t even properly talk to the mafia before, what more now?!

 

“Good morning sir! Please pardon me as I set up the table.” A cheerful voice brought Jeonghan back down to earth and when he looked to his side, the new chef was putting down his silverware. 

 

The angel watched as the Chinese put so many plates of food that he’s sure he won’t be able to finish. Maan it’s really great to be rich! Jeonghan thought. Before he’d only have a glass of milk and go to school, now he even gets to try European style breakfast. He really hit the jackpot! The blonde had quickly forgotten his worries. 

 

“And for dessert, I prepared something a little special!”

 

“Woah! Cak---” 

 

 

“A small gift from me to you! Congratulations on popping the cherry, sir Choi!” 

 

Ahh! Jeonghan’s expression right now would remind you of that one famous painting of Edvard Munch of a screaming man with a hollow face. He was internally shrieking. What the is this?! Is this some kind of joke?! The angel was ready to murder the new face. 

 

“H--- how did---” The horrified look on Jeonghan’s face was enough to tell that he’s not happy about the ‘surprise’ the thoughtful chef had prepared for him but the Chinese man couldn’t take the hint as he was still very excited to congratulate his young boss. 

 

“Oh, Sir Choi! Don’t be shy! The way you were screaming last night and the love bites on your neck were enough reasons for me to believe that you and the president had finally consumed your marriage! We’re just having a small celebr- ack! Mingyu!”  The thorn bit his tongue after being hit by the young assistant on the head. What the hell is his problem?

 

“WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!”

 

“Sir Choi!” Mingyu called to his young boss as he karate chopped the chef’s head and shot his killer eyes at the clueless thorn. You dumb prick! I’ll kill you! 


 

*****


 

Jeonghan, despite not being able to run properly, sprinted back up to his room and went straight in front of the big mirror. “I--- how on earth did he know? Was I really that--- did he really put-- no--- no!”

 

The angel felt like fainting when he saw the red and purple marks all over his neck and collar bone. This can’t be…. He lifted the oversized shirt (that the mafia had put on him once he out after their steamy session in the shower) and saw more on his chest and even his hip bone. Jeonghan’s face turned impossibly redder. His heartbeat was the only sound he could hear. 

 

“T--that guy! He’s a vacuum cleaner!” He really had to on his skin ‘til they become like this! Is he a vampire?! Now how will he go to school?!

 

“Choi Seungcheol you ing !!!” 

 

What if his classmates see the marks? What will they think about him? Jeonghan was already bawling when he heard knocks on his door. 


“Sir Choi! I’m terribly sorry! I didn’t mean to--- I was---- I’m sorry sir please don’t tell the president!” That voice… it’s none other than Jun!

 

“Sir Choi, please remain calm.”

 

“Calm?! How can I stay calm? Mingyu-ssi be honest with me! D-did you also h-hear that?!” The young boss could hear the worry in his assistant’s voice but he’s too overwhelmed, mad, and embarrassed to keep his tone down. 

 

“Hear what sir Choi?” I don’t want to lie to you, sir Choi. Please don’t ask. 

 

“T-that! Last night!!”

 

On the other side of the door, Mingyu’s face turned bright red. There’s no way he’ll make this situation worse! He must not respond! “.....” 

 

“So you did!!! Forget it! I’m not going to school today! Leave me alone! All of you!” Jeonghan stomped his feet and jumped on the large bed. Is that why Mingyu-ssi was acting weird to him this morning? What if his schoolmates act the same? He doesn’t think he can bear being the center of gossip. The angel pulled the cover to hide his face. He’ll just call in sick until the marks disappear. 

 

“Ahh what should we do Mingyu? The president will kill me if he finds out I made sir Choi mad!”

 

“Tsk” Mingyu’s nerve popped on his head and in as quick as thunder he hit the older thorn with a knuckle on the head. “, start your prayers!”

 

Just when things were going smoothly between his OTP! Mingyu doesn’t want his boss to be awkward again! He had worked so hard to help the two get to where they are now…. He won’t let something this small ruin it! Moreover, he doesn’t want to return Wonwoo’s money! 

 

The taller assistant sighed before facing the door of the master’s bedroom. “Sir Choi, it’s only normal for couples to do those things, and you’re married. There’s nothing wrong with that.”

 

“Here, sir Choi. Please open the door… I--- I have something that can cover those marks. Please don’t be upset anymore sire.”

 

The two thorns waited for their boss to respond but he didn’t. When they thought of giving up and just going downstairs to continue their work, the door slowly opened.

 

Jeonghan, with his whole body covered in a thick blanket, stood by the doorway. “W-will it really hide them?” 

 

The thorns’ eyes grew and the two hurriedly ran to their boss. “Y-yes! You can use this to hide the marks on y-your neck. I-- I really apologize for making you feel uncomfortable earlier--- this is really effective, I used this a lot back when I used to date this bad boy from high school named J--nadhcfuhas!” 


Mingyu covered the mouth of the Chinese before he’d say something stupid again. “You don’t have to worry much Sir. Choi, once you’ve applied it on your skin, nobody will notice.”  

 

Jeonghan was hesitant. Will the foundation really cover his love bites? The angel had his doubts but hearing how sorry the chef was and the fact that his finals will be greatly affected by his scheduled exam today were enough reasons for the blonde to try hiding the purple marks. “Mmm…. okay…. I’ll try it first….” 


 

*****

 

“Good afternoon Jeonghan oppa!”

 

“Hi hyung!” 

 

“A--eh--- good afternoon!” Jeonghan walked to the campus like usual. His legs are still sore but he can walk slowly without wincing. He had been greeted by his hobaes who had passed him and none of them seemed to act differently. The angel sighed in relief. He was glad that the makeup really did well in hiding his mark. He should stop being so tense now. He shouldn’t worry much. Since no one had noticed, he had started thinking that the day would just pass by like usual. 


 

*****

 

“Jeonghan, tie your hair so it’s easier for you to see where you’re running.” The fox-eyed boy handed a scrunchie he had always worn on his wrist. His hair isn’t that long but his best friend’s is and it always annoyed him seeing the man repeatedly tuck his hair at the back of his ear whenever they study so since then, he had always carried hair ties. 

 

“Oh.. thanks Jisoo.” Out of all days, why do they have PE today? He has no energy to run! How did he become so unlucky?!

 

“Everyone! Gather here and start doing your lapses on my signal!”


Ugh, this is gonna be painful. Jeonghan thought as he stretched his leg at the starting line. 

 

“I’m dying!” Jeonghan breathed after running his last lap. He was the last person in his class to finish and he felt like he was gonna pass out any minute. The angel had his body bent, his hands were holding onto his knees. He coughed as he caught his breath. His whole body felt hot. His back was drenched in sweat.

 

“Yoon Jeonghan, are you okay?” Jisoo walked to his best friend. He was planning to pat his back but he froze in his place when he noticed something about the blonde. 

 

“Woah! Jeonghan-ah looks like you had some steamy night! Look at those hickeys on your neck!”

 

“What?! Oppa?”

 

“Oh my...”

 

The angel’s eyes widened, he immediately stood and looked around. What... How…. Everyone was looking at him with their suspicious eyes. 

 

“How shameless!”

 

Shocked, disgusted, they were all scrutinizing him.

 

“Didn’t you notice how he was running earlier?”

 

He put his hand on his neck to cover the exposed skin that everyone’s staring at. What will he do now?

 

“Ommo! Do you think….”


 

******


 

Mingyu checked the young boss’ class schedule on his phone before entering the lecture room for his last class. He had grown impatient while waiting for him at the parking lot. The boy didn’t answer his calls nor check his messages. The assistant had experienced something similar just yesterday. He wants to put more faith in the lad but after what happened this morning, he had his doubts. Geez, is this the young boss’ new-found hobby?! 

 

The assistant saw a bunch of college girls gossiping and walked in their direction. There were about seven of them and the tall man could already identify the alpha of the pack. He kept an eye on her as he headed to their table.

 

“Really? Unnie? Wow! I didn’t think Jeonghan oppa was that kind of person!”

 

“Me too! I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw his neck!”

 

The woman sitting on her desk while putting on makeup continued her story. “Actually, I saw him a few days ago riding an expensive car in the nearby parking lot. He had also started wearing branded clothes! Even his phone is new! There’s no other explanation! He’s selling his body to dirty old men! Ha! I always knew he had something to hide. I really don’t get why even the guys simp over him-- angelic my ! He’s just a disgusting wh----”

 

“Pardon the intrusion miss, can you tell me where s- Choi Jeonghan is?” 

 

The woman dropped her jaw and stopped putting her makeup on when she saw the man in front of her. She was too stunned at the man’s height and handsome face to get his question. Her group visibly fangirling at the heavenly visual they're seeing up close and personal. “S-sorry, who?”

 

The assistant looked around at the girls around him squealing and asked once more. “Choi Jeonghan, long blond hair.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter