SECRETS AND LOVE AFFAIRS

WHAT ARE THE ODDS?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

💓 Thank you for upvoting! 💓
UnleashTrouble

 

“Hngaaa!” Jeonghan yawned. He sat up from the cozy bed. His eyes were heavy but he needed to pee. It’s a bit chilly today. Jeonghan looked at the clock. It was only two in the morning. He carefully removed his husband’s arm that was resting on him. The angel lazily went to the restroom and unload. He walked back like a zombie and as he was about to put his knee upon the soft mattress, he heard a thud. The angel would have brushed it off since he was very sleepy but when he heard another noise, he became alert. The angel quietly creaked the door open. What is going on outside their room?

 

“Hn! W-wait--- we have to wake up early tom--ahng!” Wonwoo restrained his scream when a cold hand crawled inside his shirt. He grabbed ahold of Mingyu’s hair (who was then like a rabid dog, ready to slobber and bite his neck) to get him to stop. “You--- we’re gonna get in trouble!”

 

“Hyung, we’ve been working separately since the president got married--- I rarely see you now! Our anniversary is a few days away and we won’t even be together then!” Mingyu had his lips on a pout as he desperately tried to latch them on the older’s pale skin. “Let’s just do it once!”

 

Jeonghan’s eyes widened at what he saw. His face turned red. He felt like he was witnessing something he shouldn’t be seeing! Ahhh he had no idea! So Mingyu and Wonwoo are dating?!

 

“Mingyu wait! Aish! Let’s at least go to our--” Wonwoo froze when he locked eyes with a long-haired man standing in front of the master bedroom. , , ! This is what he’s been fearing! “S-sir Choi.”


“I--- y-- con-continue what you are d-doing but please be quiet
 Seungcheol-ssi might wake up.”  Jeonghan saw the culprits stammering to maybe give their reasons but the angel was too shocked to even hear them out. The blonde quickly closed the door and laid in bed, a hand covering his mouth. Oh gosh
 Is he just dreaming? Was that real?! Mingyu and Wonwoo
 they’ve always seemed so
 and then now he saw them getting ready to get it on
 The angel’s face turned bright red once more. He’ll have to corner Mingyu and make him spill the tea tomorrow!

 

The next night


 

“What do you think of a week-long vacation for you both, Mingyu-ssi?” Jeonghan stood up from the counter. “Ah! I saw on Twitter that XXX hot spring is holding a promo event until the weekend! You should celebrate your anniversary there! That would be soooo romantic! Right, Jun?” A romantic place like that... isn't it perfect for lovers?! Maybe he and Seungcheol can also go on vacation and unwind.

 

The chef who had been listening to the two (and who also had learned about the secret a long time ago) nodded. “I think so too, sir Choi. It’s time these love birds go on a real date.”

 

“I--- I would really like that sir Choi, hyung would also be happy
 He told me before how he had always wanted to go on a relaxing trip but I’m afraid it’s not possible.”

 

“Why not?” Asked Jeonghan.

 

“We’ve never had a day-off together ever when the president was single. One of us needs to be by president Choi’s side to assist him. And now that you are also part of the household, sir Choi, the chances of us taking a day-off together shrunk more.”

 

“Ahh right.” Jun scooped a small portion of the sauce he was boiling and gave them to Jeonghan who then winced at the hotness of the sauce but then gave the chef a two thumbs up for its taste. “Whoops! Sorry sir Choi---- but yes, the president had always had Mingyu and Wonwoo with him. If they were both to take a vacation, the president would need a replacement; Someone who knows his whole schedule, preference, can protect him and do many other odd jobs. The president is an important person, we can’t just entrust his life with anybody. It would be difficult to find a replica of Mingyu and Wonwoo even in a year!” 


“Eh--- is-- is that so
” Jeonghan felt gloomy. Looks like it’s going to be difficult to help the two get even closer. Somehow he feels guilty for needing Mingyu to be by his side at all times. “Does Seungcheol-ssi know that you’re dating?”

 

Mingyu shivered at the question. “N-no sire
 and I would like to ask you to keep our relationship a secret. A lot of complications will arise if the president finds out. I hope you understand, sir Choi.” 

 

“Don’t worry, I won’t tell him.” Jeonghan sighed after waving his hand to his assistant. Their assistants must have been having a difficult time. How could they hide their relationship for three years without being caught by the mafia? He needs to give justice to the loyal thorns’ love story. Today, he must play cupid! He will give the love birds the date that they deserve!

 

“No.”

 

“Wha--- why?!” Jeonghan’s face had turned red, not because his husband looked hot with the stern ‘no’ but because he could not believe the man just straight out rejected his suggestion. “They deserve the break! Why can’t you just give them a week off?!” 

 

Seungcheol closed the file he was reading to look at his wife who had just barged in his home office to ask for a ridiculous request. “There is no one on par with Wonwoo's ability to assist me both at work and with private affairs and I do not trust anyone else, besides Mingyu to be by your side. Having both of them go at the same time would be inconvenient.” 

 

“But-- but--- it’s just a week!” Jeonghan yelled in frustration. 

 

“That’s 168 hours, my dearest wife. It’s not just a week.” 

 

“You’re being unfair to them! Your employees also need time for themselves!”

 

“Then, they may request for their leave at least two weeks before. Like how they’ve always done. Separately.” 



“They’ve been working for you for so long! Why won’t you be considerate of them this time?!” The angel stood from his seat. He’s getting more and more upset at his stubborn husband.

 

Seungcheol couldn’t hide the surprise on his face. Had he been too lenient with his wife? Had he spoiled him so much? The blonde used to be afraid of having eye contact with him, now he’s even glaring. Had he transformed a small, helpless sheep into a rebellious ram? “Choi Jeonghan, why are you even the one asking for their break? Did they ask you to?”

 

“No! It’s--- it’s my request
 Mingyu and Wonwoo had done so much for us! I just think they deserve to relax!” Jeonghan watched his husband’s expression go from shocked, angry, and back to indifferent. If only he knew that the two are dating
 it would be easier for him to reason with the man! He needs to persuade his husband somehow. He’ll succeed without revealing their precious assistants’ secret. Now...is the time for him to use his ultimate weapon!

 

“Love~” Jeonghan sing-song. He wanted to hit his face at how flirtatious he sounded but when he saw how the tycoon perked up, he knew he’d win him over. “Please? Let them take a vacation together. I promise to take full responsibility.” 

 

“.....”

 

“.....” Jeonghan blinked. “Love?”

 

The tycoon sighed before giving his wife a stern look. He raised his fingers. “Three days. That’s all I can give.” 

 

The angel’s eyes twinkled and a wide smile was plastered across his face. “Oh thank you, thank you! I’ll tell them to pack and leave now!” Out of happiness Jeonghan kissed his husband’s lips excitedly and ran out of the home office.

 

“I didn’t mean they can leave today---” Seungcheol watched the door close and he chuckled to himself. When did his wife become so cunning? The man shook his head with a smile on.  Looks like his wife found out the assistants are secretly dating. 

 

*****


Hours after learning that he will finally be able to spend some time off with his lover, Wonwoo came to Seungcheol’s study room and bowed at his boss. “President Choi, are you sure you will be alright with the two of us taking a vacation together? Who will manage your schedule in the office, and report about Hanaki? Who will replace me, president Choi? Have you found one? Can I talk to them so I could brief them about--”

 

“Wonwoo-ssi!” Jeonghan saw the usually calm assistant jump when he called his name. “Don’t worry so much! Seungcheol-ssi is not a baby! He’ll manage three days without an assistant!”

 

“I--- but sir what about---”

 

“Hush, hush!” Jeonghan started pushing Wonwoo out of the room. “You go and have fun with Mingyu! Stop thinking about work!”

 

“Then who will look after you, sir Choi? What if while we were away there will be an amb-”

 

“Wonwoo.” Called Seungcheol and both the assistant and the wife turned their heads to him. “Leave before I change my mind. You wouldn’t want my wife’s effort to go to waste now, would you?” 

 

Wonwoo stared at his boss’s stern look and Jeonghan’s worried expression. The assistant’s heart felt full. He looked down to sigh before facing the bosses again. His eyes had turned glossy. He faced the president with a serious face. “I’ll be taking my leave now, president Choi.”

 

The tycoon nodded before pretending to be busy again with his paperwork.

 

“Have a fun time Wonwoo-ssi!” Jeonghan winked at Wonwoo to .

 

The assistant chuckled at his silly young boss. He smiled brightly at the blonde before bowing. “Thank you so much, sir Choi.”  

 

“Jeonghan.” When the door was finally closed, Seungcheol called his wife’s attention. “Stay here.”

 

“Is- is there something you need?” 

 

The tycoon picked up his phone and gave it to the blonde. “Call Vernon and tell him to fly back here now.” 

 

“E-eh? Where is
.he?” Jeonghan couldn’t stop blushing when he the phone’s screen and saw their wedding photo as the tycoon’s wallpaper. Is-isn’t that embarrassing? Doesn’t he look a little weird in it? Why didn’t his husband just use a default wallpaper?

 

“Han.” 

 

“A-ah yes?”

 

“Call Vernon?”

 

“Y-yes-- sorry, I’m looking for his name.” Jeonghan quickly navigated the phonebook and found the name of the foreign thorn whom, by the way, he hasn’t seen in a while. He wondered what the man had been up to. Ring. The angel was a little surprised at how fast the call was answered. “Uh--- hello? Vernon-ssi
”

 

*****

 

Jeonghan yawned and stretched after finalizing the documents his superior gave him. He feels sleepy. Because they were suddenly short-staffed last night, Jeonghan, who promised to take responsibility for their hard-working assistants, became one himself. 

 

He had always thought that Wonwoo was well-organized and someone who was very efficient when it comes to working but he never knew that the man is a real-life Superman! Tending to his bossy husband both at work and home, Wonwoo must have the patience of Buddha! For a moment Jeonghan regretted sending the thorns on a vacation together but his self-righteousness didn’t let him be overpowered. He can handle helping his husband with his work at home for three days, he can sacrifice that much to help the secret lovers finally enjoy themselves. Choi Jeonghan, you can do this!

 

Ding! The angel received a message from his superior. 

 

“Mr.Choi, please print the documents and come to my table.”

 

After sending a reply, Jeonghan immediately stood up, scanned the document, and clicked the print button on the keyboard. On his way to the copy room, he heard the loud giggling of female superiors and Ms. Gwak. Jeonghan rolled his eyes after hearing his husband’s name in their conversation. The angel hurried to the copy room just so he could avoid hearing malicious gossip from the employees. Sheesh! Must they do this every day?! Jeonghan grumpily collected the papers from the printer and walked to his superior’s table just across the area where Ms.Gwak and her little minions were chit-chatting about. 

 

“Sir, here are the documents you’ve asked to be printed.”

 

The man merely looked at Jeonghan before placing the papers carelessly on the edge of his table. “Thank you. I sent you another file. Ms.Gwak couldn’t finish it so please do the rest.”

 

Just hearing the woman’s name made the blonde’s nerve pop. “May I ask why she couldn’t finish it, sir?”

 

The superior sipped his coffee before sighing. This intern asks unnecessary questions. “She isn’t feeling well today. She said she’s feeling a little bit under the weather so she’s resting.”

 

Resting?! Jeonghan couldn’t hide his annoyance. His brows were furrowed and his mouth dropped. “But--- I just saw her laughing so lively at that table! Sir, I think if she can move away from her station to talk to other workers, I think she can fini-”

 

“Mr.Choi.” The man called Jeonghan’s attention and for a moment, the angel went silent. His superior doesn’t look pleased with him. “May I remind you, you are only an intern here. When your superior asks you to do something, you do it in a snap not question them, now leave! You are giving me a heada

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter