PROFESSIONAL HOSTAGE: CHOI JEONGHAN

WHAT ARE THE ODDS?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

💓 Thank you for upvoting! 💓

KOOTEA, vongolag27

 

“I will cover your father’s debt and support you. I can secure you a bright future if you stay away from my grandson. You won’t have to worry about your safety. You will have my protection. Your family will not be harmed by anyone from Hanahaki. I give you my word. Just sign the divorce papers.” 

 

How did Jeonghan end up finding himself on a face-off with the mafia’s grandmother? The angel, sitting across the old woman in the living room, sweat dropped. On the wide glass table, lies a folder and a pen. The angel felt his heart sink when he revealed the papers that were hidden inside the white file. His worst nightmare has come. A contract. Jeonghan gulped as he tried to think of what to do. How should he react? What even is happening? Is he in some TV show? Did he just jynx himself? This is too sudden! Author-nim, how could you do this to the poor angel?! 

 

“Madam the president has arrived.” 

 

The announcement made Jeonghan’s heart squeeze. He turned his head to the halls and there, he saw his husband, removing his matte, black helmet as he strode to where he was sitting. Wow, how could he look so cool and classy? The angel fought the urge to drool. Is it even legal to look hot in a leather jacket? Since when did he own one? Wait--- that’s not the right question to ask right now! Focus, Jeonghan! “How did you get here so fast? And what’s with the outfit-- wait did you ride a motorcycle? That’s dangerous!”

 

Seungcheol would normally entertain his wife’s inquiry first but right now, he has something very important to deal with. When the mafia saw the papers scattered on the table, he immediately got angry. “Grandmother, what are you doing?”

 

“Redirecting you back to the right path. You must have lost your mind, you rascal. Playing around like this, you are disrespecting your ancestors!”

 

“Grandmother, please stop interfering with my private affairs.”

 

“How can I not when you’re getting yourself tangled in such pitiful situations? You’ve declined meeting Mr.Lewis's daughter and now you’re married?! He’s a man! And on top of that he’s not even from a wealthy family! Choi Seungcheol do you want me to die? How could you do this to your grandmother?” The woman was shaking, outraged by her grandson’s decisions in life. 

 

Seungcheol sighed. “Grandmother, forgive me but I refuse. I already have a wife. I will not let you set me up with another person.”

 

Meanwhile, Jeonghan felt so small between two powerful people. As expected from the Chois, they both aren’t backing down. The angel felt like he’s watching two lions clashing over meat (unfortunately, him.) He wants to separate them but he knows very well that he’ll be shoved to the ground and probably have a concussion so he looked over to his assistant to signal for help. 

 

“All I ask of you is to meet her! What’s so difficult about that?! How could you --- oh my poor heart!”

 

“G-granny!” Jeonghan was silently asking help from his assistant (who deliberately ignored him) when he was distracted by the old woman’s five-star-rated acting. Completely fooled, he immediately held the old lady before she fell on the hard, marble floor.

 

Not being rescued by her grandson, the old woman got even more mad. She swatted the hand that was gently holding her. “Don’t touch me! You’re the reason why my own grandson is defying me!”

 

“Grandmother, stop acting. I know you’re fine.” Seungcheol, obviously used to his grandmother’s antics, didn’t even budge. 

 

“How could you even accuse me of such! My weak heart--- oh! I’m getting light in the head! The light! The light! I can see the light!” Seungcheol’s grandmother raised her hand and widened her eyes that were aimlessly staring at the ceiling. 

 

“Ahh! Granny please no! D--don’t die! Seungcheol-ssi will do as you say!” The angel was panicking, he didn’t want to see the old woman die of high blood pressure just because her grandson is being hard-headed. All she asks is for his husband to meet a woman, right? Though Jeonghan felt a little green, to do such favor shouldn't be so hard for the tycoon. Why does he keep resisting? 

 

“No I won’t. Grandmother, you know very well how sacred wedding vows are for us. I will not meet her and that’s fina-”

 

“Choi Seungcheol!” Jeonghan has had enough of his husband’s stubbornness. It’s his grandmother’s life on the line they are talking about here! “Stop being selfish! Your grandmother is too old to argue with you!”

 

“......” Seungcheol remained quiet. He shouldn’t be upset at his wife, he doesn’t know his grandmother, but for his wife to take his grandmother's side even when the woman was rooting to put their marriage at stake didn’t sit well in the mafia’s mind. How should he make the blonde understand that his grandmother is just a natural born actress and is just deceiving her into following her plans? 

 

Meanwhile, the old woman hid her surprise after witnessing her grandson being silenced by this blonde boy. She looked between the two, then she moved her view across the room where her assistant was standing. Oh, I see. Now I know how I’ll get you to listen.  And with just a nod at the head of her elite bodyguard, in the blink of an eye, he swiftly took Jeonghan.

 

“Eh? What are you doing?! Put me down!” The angel was shook when he was suddenly lifted and put on the guard’s shoulder like a sack of potatoes.

 

“Sir Choi!” Yelled Mingyu as he pulled a gun that Jeonghan had NO idea the assistant was carrying. Had he always had a gun with him? Even when they’re just at home?!


The tall assistant watched as the elite bodyguards doubled and tripled their number. How did they even become so many? Mingyu gritted his teeth. Wonwoo was probably left in charge by the mafia in the office and won't be back 'til later, Jun took a day-off to visit his family in China and Vernon is leading an assassination for a cartel in Mexico. The timing of the attack is not in favor of them. Mingyu side-eyed his boss, ready for his orders. 

 

“Put him down.” Seungcheol’s mood became even fouler, his gray eyes turned lifeless. His grip on the helmet became tighter. Being outnumbered is nothing but having his wife in the middle, he can’t risk it. He also don’t want to have him witness murder. 

 

The old woman chuckled internally when her grandson barked at her without moving an inch from where he was standing. Now she has the upperhand. “Since you’ve become defiant, I’ll be taking this kid.”

 

“Grandmother let him go.” Anyone could hear the anger in the mafia’s low voice. Each word coming out of his mouth was as sharp as blade. Seungcheol reeked of dark aura. 

 

“You may talk to me once you’ve done your duty as my grandchild.”  And just like that, the old woman disappeared with her line of bodyguards and Seungcheol’s harmless wife.

 

“!” Seungcheol tossed the helmet in his hand through the window, instantly breaking the glass into pieces. 

 

Mingyu flinched. They’re in trouble if the president loses his cool like that. The assistant watched the man angrily dial a number on his phone and leave the living room.  Now how will they rescue the tycoon’s wife? If the attacker was a rival, the boss would just instantly kill the intruder and burn his whole family’s business and reputation down, however it isn’t that simple when it’s his own blood threatening him. Not to mention the oath he had taken. It’s impossible for the president to fight against his predecessor. 

 

Yes. The one who passed the throne to Seungcheol is his grandmother.

 

Mingyu took a broom and dustpan, he crouched to clean up the shards.  President Choi, what is your next step?

 

******

 

What is it with this family and kidnapping? Jeonghan thought the mafia definitely took after his grandmother. Aside from being good looking, the old woman is also a psychopath. How could she pretend to be dying and then steal away the person who was only concerned for her health?!

 

Jeonghan laid down in the big empty room. How did he end up in a traditional japanese home, in the middle of a secluded area in South Korea? The angel was also surprised about the fact that this old woman, who is obviously rich, is living in such a house. Shouldn’t  she be residing in the city? The blonde’s train of thoughts were scattered when he heard the sliding door open. Jeonghan sat down and the mastermind of his kidnapping stood all four foot ten in front of him.  

 

“What did that kid find in you?” The old lady scrutinized the blonde from head to toe and scoffed. “Well, since my grandson is being stubborn, you’re going to stay here for a while. Do something useful and clean while you're here. I want this place spic and span when I come back, got it?”

 

“W-wait granny where are you going?” For a while? How long will he be staying in the middle of nowhere? He has school!  

 

“That’s none of your business. And don’t think about escaping while I’m away, you are guarded. One word from me and you won’t be seeing the light of day.”

 

Jeonghan gulped. He’s been living with mafias these past fe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter