A SPONTANEOUS TRIP TO THE AMUSEMENT PARK

WHAT ARE THE ODDS?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Since you’re responsible for my wife’s mood swing. Do something about the rumors.”

 

“I apologize once more, sire. I will be taking care of it immediately, president Choi.” With his forehead, palms and knees touching the cold floor, Jun, a 24-year-old chinese chef, is found in the large study room of the most terrifying man on the planet. Sire, you’re the one who put those marks on your own! Please don’t put all the blame on me!

 

“You may leave now.” The mafia who was facing the window just now, stared at the back of his reckless employee. It would be much better if he could at least step on his head, unfortunately, he made a promise to his wife not to lay a finger on the man. Tch. How annoying. Letting go of the thought, Seungcheol moved to his large table. Instead of getting even more pissed off, he should just do something more productive like the paperworks piled up on his desk. 

 

Wonwoo, his fox-eyed assistant who was standing in the corner watching the other thorn get disciplined as he wait for the president's command, smiled inwardly after seeing his boss hold his temper. Sir Choi, you are quite impressive. 

 

Thank you for having mercy, sire! Wuwuwu! Jun fought the urge to cry. He stood up and did a  45-degree bow before striding to exit the room. And just when he was about to turn the doorknob, a low authoritative voice echoed once more. 

 

“I almost forgot-- do anything funny and the next cake that will be baked will be of your ashes.”

 

The chef felt chills run down his spine after hearing the threat. He was visibly shaking. There’s no denying it, the man is indeed dangerous. The mafia was talking calmly yet his words were like sharp kitchen knives, piercing deep into his thick skull. Jun had never turned to bow as quick in his entire life. “G--got it sire!” 

 

Phew. After carefully closing the door to the mafia’s lair, the chinese finally had a breath of fresh air. How can that room be so dark in broad daylight?  When he looked to his right, he saw the taller thorn, looking at the large painting pinned on the wall a few feet apart from the study room. 

 

“I think I know a way to end it all, hyung.” Mingyu didn’t even glance at the other.

 

“You do? And wait--- Now you’re using honorifics?” Jun’s brows raised at the sudden character development of the younger assistant. 

 

“Well, I’ve got to give you props for escaping the president's wrath.” 

 

Jun suddenly had a flashback of what happened just now.The chef started pulling on his hair. “Ahhh! Don’t remind me! I almost shat my pants! I thought I was gonna have my head sliced!"

 

And while Jun was stressing out about his near death experience, him and Mingyu walked to staircase side by side.

 

“Well, you were the catalyst of sir Choi’s impulsive decision. You’re lucky to be alive.” Mingyu replied, matter of fact.

 

“I’m also surprised! The boss had gotten a little soft. I guess I have to thank sir Choi for that… however this wouldn’t have happened if the boss didn’t suddenly get marr--”

 

When they reached, the ground floor, Mingyu came up with a way to mess with the older assassin. The tall man focused his eyes behind the chinese and pretended to see someone: “President Choi, how long have you been stand---” 

 

“AH I'M SORRY  PRESIDENT CHOI!!!!!”  Jun felt his soul leave his body and jumped on the back of the younger thorn as soon as he heard the name of the tycoon. 

 

“HAHAHAHAHAHA! You should have seen your face!” How embarrassing! Who would even believe that the man clinging on to him has killed people with his bare hands?"  

 

When he had confirmed that the man was just pulling a prank on him, he punched the yonger man before getting down from the human tree. “ you Mingyu! I almost had a heart attack!” 

 

The man comforted his sobbing hyung by patting his head. Hehe. “Now, now, stop crying. I was just teasing you. Anyway, about the main issue….” 

 

*****


 

“Did you hear? Chunseo got suspended! Someone leaked her tape with her math teacher back in high school!”

 

“Apparently, she slept with him to pass the subject and the college entrance exam.” 

 

“No way!”

 

“How come you don’t know? Everyone in the campus has been talking about it!”

 

“Guys! Have you checked your Facebook? Just a few days after her scandal, her father got fired from his job!”

 

“Really? Doesn’t her dad have like- a high paying job?”

 

“According to these comments her dad used to work at Choi Bank headquarter.”

 

“Ommo… poor unnie… she’s probably so depressed right now.”

 

“Pfft- serves her right. That beat me up after her ex-boyfriend sat with me at the cafeteria!”

 

Jeonghan’s spotlight dimmed as quickly as it lit. The very next day, the gossip about him died after one of his classmates in one subject had a scandal. The angel felt bad for her, however he was also relieved that the people had moved on to another topic. Maybe his husband was right. He was worrying about nothing. The angel unconsciously touched the base of his neck. A week had passed since his incident and just like the marks on his skin, the rumors had completely disappeared.

 

The angel played with the pen in his hand while spacing out during lecture. 

 

Well… not quite, his best friend would still use it against him from time to time but he knows there’s no ill intention. And also, since that day, the mafia had been more attentive of him. The man would religiously call him after his last class to make sure he’s not running from home again. Before they sleep, he would force the angel to talk about his day. It started quite awkward, he couldn’t think of anything to say. The blonde doesn’t know why the man wants to know about his boring school life however as days go by, he would find himself voluntarily ranting about how unfair his professor is or how much of a bully his best friend Jisoo is; then the mafia would often make terrible jokes about how he could just erase everybody who makes his wife’s life miserable. Of course, being the sane spouse, Jeonghan would quickly speak highly of those people, so that the mafia would change his mind, (because who knows how crazy the man is) to which his husband would chuckle about. Then, the angel would have the courage to talk down on the man for his dark humor and somewhere in between those little banters they have, Jeonghan would occasionally find himself quietly in the mafia’s mouth. The blonde blushed as he shook his head to get his mind off the gutter. 

 

And jsut like that, his class ended smoothly. Jeonghan was packing his things when his phone rang: “H-hello?” 

 

Regardless of how intimate they could be, Jeonghan still stutters when he receives a call from the mafia. 

 

“Where do I park?”

 

Huh? Park? How should Jeonghan know? He can’t see what the mafia is seeing. The blonde continued to put his stuff in his bag. “I don’t understand Seungcheol-ssi.”

 

“I’m picking you up.”

 

HA?!!!! Wait--- why? The blonde’s face slowly turned pink. W--why would the mafia pick him up himself? Jeonghan felt his heart skip a beat. He started to get nervous. How could he just do spontaneous things that make the angel feel giddy? But wait… this is not the right time to gush over the mafia! If someone sees him with his husband, he’ll definitely go back to being the center of attention! “W-where are you right now?”

 

“Oh. I’m driving past xxxx.”

 

“Ahhh-- that’s enough--- y-you can just stay there! Please wait--- I’ll be there in a minute!” The angel sprinted out of his lecture room. So the mafia is waiting for him past the parking lot Mingyu regularly parks. It’s a whole lot closer to his school, it would be dangerous if people from his university saw him with a man like Seungcheol. 

 

“What’s wrong?” Seungcheol had a worried look on his wife when the boy arrived. Did he run?  

 

Jeonghan hurriedly sat at the passenger seat of Seungcheol’s car and sighed. “W-why is it you? Where is Mingyu-ssi?”

 

Seungcheol raised a brow. His wife sounded like he’d rather have his assistant drive him. The tycoon’s possessiveness was triggered. “Don’t I have the right to pick my wife up whenever I want to?”

 

Of course this kind of statement would make the already anxious boy even more panicked. “Y-you don’t have to say it like that!!! Is there something going on?”

 

“I want to go for a drive.” Answered the mafia.

 

A drive? Well this is unexpected. What for? And why did he have to tag him along? Jeonghan’s eyes traveled to his husband. Now that the angel is looking at his husband’s face, he could see how pale his skin has been. There are also dark circles under his eyes. Seungcheol looked very tired. For the past few days he’s been working like a dog. Before, Jeonghan thought that rich people like his husband were just displayed in their offices. They would just sit there, order their poor employees around and leave whenever they want to. He had always thought that since they have people working for them, they don’t need to do much. However, now that he’s witnessing first hand how busy his very own billionaire husband could be even on weekends, he pitied him. “You don’t look so well…is there something wrong?” 

 

“Your seatbelt.” Instead of answering his wife’s question, the mafia moved to face the blonde to buckle his seatbelt. 

 

Jeonghan would normally blush at how close the man is but right now, his mind is somewhere else. What is he thinking about? The angel was genuinely concerned. He stared at the man for a bit, hoping he would answer, but when he just started driving, Jeonghan felt disappointed. How come he doesn’t talk about his feelings? The angel thinks it’s unfair that the man would get him to speak about how he’s doing but he’s not allowed to know what the mafia has done during the day. “Sorry for asking.”

 

Seungcheol side-eyed his wife as he drove past the river and saw his grumpy expression. The mafia sighed before grabbing his small hand, linking them and bringing it to his lips. He didn’t miss seeing his cute wife flinch and panic. “My employees have just been getting on my nerves.” 

 

“Oh. I--I’m sorry.”  Were all Jeonghan could breathe out. He saw the small smile the mafia gave him and the light squeeze on his hand made the boy’s cheeks redder than they already are. So it's his work again. Now how will he make the other feel better? He asked what was wrong and now he doesn’t know how to properly respond. How does someone make other s feel better about their worklife? “If-- I were your employee I would probably get on your nerves too--- y-you're not exactly the nicest boss. Honestly speaking you come off as a bit of a tyr---”

 

When Jeonghan realized that he was babbling something that could be a potential reason for the mafia to kill him, he paused. Cold sweat started forming on his forehead. , , ! That’s the exact opposite of what he wants to say! What should he do now? The angel couldn’t even rai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter