A DEAL WITH A DEMON

WHAT ARE THE ODDS?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“---Boss--- his blood… he’s human.” The rough-looking man, probably in his mid-30’s, started sweating after tasting Heechul’s blood. Did they kidnap the wrong person? That-- that’s impossible! He made sure that they got Kim Heechul.  He is not mistaken, the thin man lying on the ground is the descendant of Seo, so how is it possible that his blood didn’t burn his tongue? 

 

“I told you I’m useless.” Heechul coughed after receiving a kick from one of his kidnappers. He was blindfolded so he couldn’t see their faces but he could tell there are about six people guarding him. He doesn’t know how many hours or days he’s been held captive. “Even if you drain all of my blood, it would be pointless. Angel? You’re all crazy to believe they ex--- agh!” Heechul felt someone’s shoe pressing against his face.   

 

“Didn’t I tell you to shut your trap?” The man who led the kidnapping, and is now in a state of panic, continued to stomp on the victim’s face. He saw how his men’s eyes trembled as they looked at him. They were staring at him as if he was already dead. This angered him and made him realize just how bad he ed up. “This is impossible! Look at his wrists--- he’s kin of Seo!”

 

The man turned to the alpha of the group, the tall slender man with curly brown hair was sitting comfortably on a long black sofa. The man was fiddling his fingers. A habit that he normally does when he’s irritated. The man who kidnapped the angel gulped.   “B-boss believe me he---” 

 

A gunshot. Seconds later, the man convulsed, he fell on his knees before finally hitting the cold floor. No blood pooled the floor yet the man’s face was turning gray. 

 

 The men who were scattered in the room looked obviously terrified. They just witnessed their member get shot with a special gun.  They all know they’ve been shot, their ‘souls’ will return and get trapped back in hell. 

 

“I don’t have time for pranks. Why do demons think they can waste my time like this? Get this useless demon out of my sight before he starts decompo--- ing--” A nerve popped on his head and his eyes turned more dangerous when he got a whiff of the corpse. He shot the body a few more times until his gun had no more bullets. “How old is this ing corpse? People die every day and this idiot chose to possess this one? Ah, it seems I’m being conspired against!”  

 

“He was telling the truth.”

 

When an unfamiliar voice resonated, all the demons snapped their head to where the sound was coming from.  The men didn’t waste time as they started surrounding the unwelcomed human. “How did you get he---”

 

“Hold your horses. I’m a good friend.” The redhead didn’t even flinch when a number of ‘people’ pulled out all sorts of weapons and pointed them at him when he used his foot to check if Heechul was already a cold corpse. When the man groaned from the pain, he looked up and made eye contact with the boss. “Yo!”


Hwiyong who had been biting the tip of his fingers glared at the visitor. “Do you mind explaining to me, Choi Taeyong? Why isn’t his blood working on the damn Deux?!”

 

Taeyong pulled out a cigar from his pockets and lighted it. He saw how impatient the demon was but he didn’t care. He took a few hits before sighing. “Recently, due to some circumstances, he was excommunicated.”

 

“Bull!” Hwiyoung lashed out. “Excommunication would have his wings clipped, but his blood should stay divine. Do you think I’m an idiot?” 

 

When Taeyong scoffed at the leader his followers gripped their weapons tighter. “You are. You must have forgotten why you are targeting him. His blood is special on its own. It’s a weapon. When you fire a cop, do you only take his badge? No, you also take the taser and the gun.”

 

“So you were just screwing with me? There is no revolution? Is that what you er wanna say? How bout I drain your blood and test if I can use it as ink?”  Hwiyong was livid. How dare this mere human his plan? 

 

“Calm yourself. You’re too hot-headed. You’ve killed one of us for your little experiment already and it didn’t work. The only blood that will enable you to write in Seo’s book, is Seo’s blood. You know it yourself. You read the book.”

 

“Then where do I get it, if his descendant is already human!” The man has reached his peak. He threw a silver knife on the man. 

 

The guy effortlessly dodged the flying knife and it hit one of the demon’s slaves, instantly killing him. Taeyong clicked his tongue after witnessing the ‘poor’ demon fall on the ground and convulse. “Darling, you have to manage that anger of yours, you’ll have a lot of wrinkles. Do you think I’d come all this way to play?”

 

Hwiyoung breathed heavily as he calmed himself down. He knows that the redhead gets off at his violence, he must gain control of his emotions so that he could get the answer he wants from the man. He sat back down on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter