HIM: IF YOU BLINK, YOU'RE LOST

WHAT ARE THE ODDS?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title acronym: HIM (Honeymoon in Maldives)

Warning: Didn't have much time to edit soooo forgive the errors hehe.

 

Because he doesn't want to lose against the mafia again,  Jeonghan is busy playing and enhancing his gaming skills so that he'd never have to cook again. Yesterday was awful for him,.Jeonghan never knew that cooking was such a disastrous activity! He only wanted to make omelets but he somehow burned his hand and almost the whole hotel. How was Jeonghan expected to know he's not supposed to turn his back on a heating pan?!

 

And another thing, he wanted to prove to the mafia that he's better at something. As a man, Jeonghan felt his pride being stomped on when the man took over the kitchen. First, he flaunted his wealth and god-like gaming skill, then he wants to show the angel that he's secretly Chef Ramsey's son?? It's very unacceptable! Jeonghan was eager to taste their breakfast not because it smelled or looked good, but because he wished that it will be bad and when his expectation wasn't met, no matter how good the omelet tasted like, he was frowning all breakfast.

 

That's when he thought that he should work and play harder to defeat this 'perfect' man, that's why even though his eyes are feeling a bit dry from being too exposed on blue light, Jeonghan is still in bed with the mafia's laptop placed on his thighs.

 

As Jeonghan busied himself by battling some random player online, he overheard his 'husband' walking in the room while talking. He must be on the phone, the angel thought. His ears metaphorically grew bigger. The blonde used his divine power to catch a glimpse of the conversation.

 

Jeonghan had his eyes closed as he tried to focus on his hearing sense when the mafia walked to the bed, he narrowed his eyes to his wife.

 

The boy leaned his ear to his right, listening to what sounds like a dinner meeting with a couple of rich people; and because he was only focused on the almost inaudible voice on the phone, he didn't hear the mafia walking quietly to him.

 

"Okay, I'll see you all tonight." After getting the details for his appointment later, Seungcheol hung up the phone.

 

The angel's eyes sprung open when he felt a hot minty breath tickling his ear. He almost screeched when the mafia nipped on his ear.

 

"Eavesdropping? That's not nice wife." Seungcheol whispered with a sultry voice and watched the tip of his wife's ear become red.

 

"Good lord--- I wasn't!" Hearing the teasing tone, Jeonghan's cheeks pinked. He got caught by the mafia but why isn't he mad? Plus, after the window incident yesterday, (for some unknown reason) he was so cold to the boy as if he touched a nerve. The angel couldn't even sleep well last night! He was afraid that if he closes his eyes, the mafia will suddenly sack his head. So why is he talking to him now?

 

And while the boy was again lost in his mind, Seungcheol went to his bag to give the boy a pair of clothes. He stared at his wife for a moment before speaking: “Get up, we’re going to the mall.”

 

Huh? Jeonghan looked at the gray hoodie and pants before looking up to the man. “Why?”

 

“You said you wanted to go out? We'll have lunch outside. Just wash your face, I’m giving you 20 minutes.” Before his wife could even protest, Seungcheol left the room.

 

Jeonghan bit his lips. He doesn’t want to leave the room now that he's so invested in a game but when the mafia mentioned lunch, he realized that he's hungry. He lazily got up and washed his face. The angel stared at his face in a large mirror and sighed. He looked awful. He hasn't washed his hair for two days, the man should just leave by himself and maybe, since Jeonghan is now legally his responsibility, buy him take-outs. After drying his face with a clean towel and brushing his teeth, he left the room and found the mafia waiting for him by the door.

 

"Let's go."

 

When the car had gotten out of the parking lot, Jeonghan's tiredness disappeared as the beauty of Maldives unfold in front of his blessed eyes. From the car's window, he can see the vast blue sea of the island and because of his excitement, he exclaimed out loud: "wow"

 

Seungcheol chuckled at his wife's expression and asked: "Never been here?"

 

Jeonghan glanced at the mafia, he felt shy when the man had a teasing smile plastered on his face. He must have looked like a caveman gaping at the beautiful scenery that the mafia must have seen hundreds of times before. The wife shily nodded his head. Now that the mafia had gotten his attention, he felt awkward sitting next to him. Why did he have to sit shotgun? Oh right, because the devil said, and Jeonghan quotes: "I'm not your driver" now he has to endure sitting so close to the criminal. Suddenly vising a foreign place, Maldives, didn't sound fun.

 

Seungcheol saw the change in the boy's excited look so he said truthfully, "me too."

 

Jeonghan shot an 'I-don't-believe-you' look at the mafia who in return raised his brow and reasoned: "I'm a busy man."

 

The angel scoffed at the man's excuse. He's the boss of his own company, he doesn't need to work so hard when he have capable workers. He can leave whenever he damn pleases. Plus if he's really as busy as he claimed he is, how come they are in a honeymoon trip (Jeonghan blushes) right now? "So why are we here then?"

 

Seungcheol stills his eyes on the road when he responded: "To attend a bidding."

 

*****

 

After having lunch with the mafia in a luxurious restaurant, Jeonghan found out that the man will attend an exclusive bidding tonight night in place of his father and because he doesn't want to be the only one suffering, he's dragging his poor innocent wife with him much to the boy's dismay.

 

Jeonghan's blood boiled after hearing the mafia but he couldn't bring himself to flip the table as he can never pay for the overpriced food that were served on their table. He didn't even dare to look at the menu and told the mafia that he'll just have a burger; but because his husband is hella rich, he got mad at Jeonghan and ordered him an expensive dish in a glass platter with other side dishes and strawberry parfait.

 

Jeonghan had never had such heavenly meal in his entire life. For a few minutes, he felt lucky for marrying a rich man but that happiness didn't last too long when he was suddenly being dragged to the department store. Jeonghan doesn't understand why people feel the need to walk around after eating, I mean, lying on his back on the sofa feels is a whole lot enjoyable than strolling like a penguin because he's too full to walk properly.

 

The odd couple walked around the store with a few women glancing at them and squealing. Jeonghan, although he's used to this kind of setting in school, still doesn't think that a lot of people find him attractive.

 

He guesses that women and some men keep on glancing at them because the mafia looks like a model even in a plain black shirt, and occasionally at him but not because they find him hot but because he looks pathetic in the mafia's gray sweats that's actually his size. The clothes his wearing looks and feel expensive on his skin but even in such outfit, he thinks he doesn't look as good as the other male. With these things in mind, Jeonghan felt small. He started walking slowly, putting some distance between him and the real life Adonis.

 

Seungcheol noticed the quietness of the boy so he looked back and saw the boy flinch when he shot him a glare. "Why are you walking slowly?"

 

Jeonghan couldn't look at the man in the face when he moved closer, Jeonghan glance around the mall and saw people whispering while looking at them, his cheeks turning pink at the attention.


Seungcheol glanced to where the boy looked and when he saw the boy playing with the hem of his sweater, Seungcheol pouted. "Ashamed of marrying me?"

 

This time Jeonghan looked up, he can't read the man's expression but he sensed disappointment in his tone. "Ye----"


Seungcheol's laser eyes were back again and flashes of what happened in the plane replayed in the boy's mind. Blood rushed up to his cheeks and Jeonghan, like a crab backed away: "N--no of course not, love! I was just--- just too full!"

 

Ahh, 'love,' a name that can easily relax the temperamental president. Seungcheol let out a small chuckle, displaying his dimples to the public which actually made a few girls squeal from a distant. He moved his head close to the boy before speaking in a low, husky voice: "You should have said so, baby."

 

Seungcheol stood next to the boy before walking more relaxed now, to let his lazy wife digest his food easily and keep up with him. Once they've entered the men section, Seungcheol turned to his wife. "Get whatever you want."

 

"A-ah?" Jeonghan who was busy scanning the big mall with his eyes was surprised.

 

"Clothes, shoes, whatever you need while we're here." Seungcheol spoke again before directing his eyes to a nice looking blue polo on his right.

 

Jeonghan bit his lips. He doesn't want the guy spending too much money on him. It makes him feel like a failure who's only relying on his partner's wealth. He's not his sugar baby, why would he waste his money on him? The boy shook his head. "N--no need to. I'm okay."

 

Seungcheol's brow quirked when the boy refused his offer. "Take what you need or I'll

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter