WHAT DID YOU SAY? IMPOSTER?! THE PRESIDENT'S REAL WIFE IS WHO?!

WHAT ARE THE ODDS?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Babe, you’re walking too slowly.” Seungcheol dryly commented as he watched the blonde carry a stack of paper to his table.

 

“And whose fault do you think this is?!” He barked. “You put me in a very uncomfortable position yesterday and now my hips and legs are killing me!”

 

The tycoon smirked when he was reminded of the steamy session they had in the office. The man started tapping his finger on the part of the table where he bent his wife. “Did you not enjoy that position? I remember clearly how foul your mouth was when I was hitt--hmp.”

 

Despite limping, the angel was able to rush to the man and cover his mouth. Jeonghan’s face turned bright red as soon as his husband gave him ‘the look.’ This--- this shameless man! How did he even fall for this jerk?! “S-shut up! Why do you have to say such things out loud!”

 

Seungcheol smiled at how flushed his wife was. He wouldn’t trade that beautiful face for the world. With the blonde around, the office has become more lively and relaxing for him. It was easier to work with the younger on his side. Even though he needs to teach Jeonghan more about managing the business, having him help out by just sorting papers, the tycoon is already thankful.

 

Ring. ring.

 

Jeonghan's eyes were diverted to the telephone. He released his husband’s mouth and was about to go back to his seat when the man grabbed his hand and kissed it before picking up the phone. The angel’s heart did a backflip and all of a sudden, his anger dissipated.

 

Seungcheol kept his wife’s warm palm on his cheeks. He winked at the blushing man before focusing on the caller. “Speak.”

 

“President Choi, Senior Operations Manager, Mr. Gwak is here and says he has something urgent to tell.”

 

In most cases, Seungcheol would just tell the man to leave and have his secretary or Wonwoo collect the information from the man and forward it to him; however, since the people who normally do the job aren’t around, he had no other choice but to open his doors. “Let him in.”


Those words are now Jeonghan’s queue to really go back to his seat. He walked slowly and carefully back to the sofa but before he could even sit, the doors burst open and a middle-aged man, all-smiles, started strutting in. Startled, the angel straightened his back pretty quickly to bow. (while internally wincing because his back was not in it’s the best condition)

 

Finally! Mr.Gwak was walking on cloud nine. After so many attempts, he finally found the right timing! He’s been trying for a long time to have a conversation with the president but since his secretary and assistant were always around, he was always put on hold. Now he’s given the opportunity to talk directly to the CEO! He must try to get closer to him and--- Mr. Gwak noticed the intern in the room. For a bit, he didn’t know how to react when he once again saw the blonde. How did the clumsy intern step foot in the president’s office before him? This is outrageous! Feeling inferior to the young man, Mr.Gwak felt his blood boiling. He wanted to look at him bitterly and maybe point at how he’s not properly bowing but he has to display his best image to the president so for now, he decided to just ignore the man. “President Choi! Haha! I finally got a hold of you! A lovely morning to you, president. How is your day going? Is every---”

 

A nerve popped in Seungcheol’s head as soon as he heard the man’s voice. “What is the urgent matter, Mr. Gwak?”

 

When the CEO looked at him with his sharp eyes, Mr.Gwak started to sweat. “Ah-- er, yes. I need to discuss the operations in Gangwon. It might take some time so why don’t we have coffee first?”

 

“I don’t have that much time.”

 

“Of course, of course, you are busy Mr. President! I meant I will buy coffee downstairs~” He grinned at the CEO before turning his head to the lowest-ranked employee in the room. “Intern, go ahead and buy us the most expensive iced coffee!”

 

“M-me?” Didn’t he just say he will buy them? Jeonghan wanted to protest but when he saw his husband’s harsh look on the man, he foresaw the disastrous calamity that would arise. Seungcheol’s eyes were screaming ‘how dare you boss my wife around? I will murder you.’ The angel doesn’t want to witness murder first thing in the morning so, despite the fact that his back was killing him, he yelled in panic. “T-two iced coffees, coming up! Please excuse me sir, president Choi.”

 

“Yes, yes get on with it.” Waved the senior manager.

 

The angel made sure that the old man wasn’t looking his way before shooting daggers at his husband with his eyes. We made a deal. Calm down and keep your mouth shut. The angel was about to turn to the door when he remembered. “A-ah Mr.Gwak… uhmm…” Jeonghan crouched down, ignoring the pain in his back so that he could whisper, “the money, sir?”

 

“Oh.” Mr.Gwak’s smile turned into a frown when he faced the intern. Is the man stupid? Can’t he see that he has some matters to discuss with the president and yet he’s wasting time? This clumsy intern is really getting on his nerves! “Use your card, for now. I left my wallet in my office. You are in the same department as my daughter, Ji Eun, right? I’ll have her pay you later. Now off you go, you can’t make the president wait long!” He finished his sentence with a big laugh that startled Jeonghan.

 

“A-ahh yes…” Jeonghan bowed awkwardly and wobbled his way to the door. He maintained eye contact with his husband as he closed the office door. “Don’t you dare tell him. I’ll be back in a minute.”

 

Jeonghan sighed as soon as he got out of the room. “Oww” Jeonghan put a hand on his hip as he walked to the elevator. He promised himself not to get swayed by his husband ever again.

 

*****

 

Seungcheol started on his cheeks and shaking his right leg as he impatiently listened to the senior assistant’s rambling about things that are unrelated to work. He checked the time on his phone and noticed that his wife has been downstairs for exactly 10 minutes. What is taking him so long? Is his body that sore?

 

When the middle-aged man saw the man turn on his phone’s screen, he craned forward to get a glimpse of the president’s wallpaper and when he felt the piercing eyes of his boss, he quickly laughed it off and asked. “President Choi, actually, I didn’t just come here to report about the situation in Gangwon.” The man leaned his body forward to whisper: “There’s been rumors going around the office, president Choi. They say that you secretly got married and that your wife is now an intern here.”

 

“Are you here to confirm that gossip? Am I paying you to talk about my private affairs?”

 

“I--I---” The man turned red when the tycoon looked like he was about to unleash a dragon in him. Mr.Gwak gulped as beads of sweat formed on his forehead. “I’m sorry Mr. President--- I didn’t mean to pry--- I just--- I just wanted to get the facts straight s-so I could end the rumors going around.”

 

Seungcheol felt a nerve popping on his head. He hates it when people try to disguise their nosiness through concern. He checked his phone again. It’s been 13 minutes since his wife left. He noticed that the man had once again stretched his neck to look at his wallpaper. The tycoon clicked his tongue. He was about to yell at the man when he suddenly noticed how pale his face looked. What is wrong with the senior manager?

 

“M-m--” Mr. Gwak tried his hardest to speak. His lips were trembling. “Mr.Choi from the accounting department is your wife?!”

 

Oh. So he was able to get a glimpse of their wedding photo? Looks like the man still has good vision. Seungcheol smiled inwardly. His wife can’t be mad at him now. The manager discovered the truth by himself. If word gets out of the office, it is not his fault. “Yes.”

 

“The--- the person I just ordered to buy coffee--- is your wife?! But--- he’s a man!” Mr.Gwak wanted to pass out. He had never thought of this possibility! So the president is---- is---

 

 

Seungcheol was offended by the man’s reaction. If only they weren’t in his office, the tycoon would have already buried a bullet on his thick skull. “Mr. Gwak, are you homophobic?”

 

“No sir… I was just… surprised. C-congratulations.” The man started to sweat as he remembered the time he had yelled at the man. , , ! He can’t remember even a single good encounter with him! The boy looked so dumb that he would automatically get annoyed at him. If only he had known that he’s the president’s wife then--- then---- “P-resident Choi?”

 

Seungcheol stood up from his seat and this made the middle-aged man look up at him with trembling eyes. Inside, the tycoon was enjoying the view. Oh, how fun it is to see men cower in fear. “Didn’t you say I should have a walk around every department? Let’s start with the Finance department. Now that you have learned the secret, I would like you to keep your mouth shut as I ask how the interns are.”

 

Mr.Gwak gulped. There’s no way their lowly employees would just tell the president about the incident in the pantry, right? He can’t risk it. He has to make sure that none of the employees mention any of his encounters with the blonde! “T-then I shall come with you, president Choi.”

 

*****

 

Jeonghan ended up carrying 6 drinks. While he was standing in line at the coffee shop, his supervisor found him and asked him to buy some for his peers too. The angel couldn’t refuse since the man left in a hurry. Four of which are ordered by his supervisors to share with his friends and Ms. Gwak (Jeonghan rolls his eyes.) “Both of them didn’t offer to pay for my drink. Isn’t that unethical?!” Jeonghan rumbled to himself as he walked to the finance department to drop off his supervisor’s order. On the way to the room, he heard the annoying loud voice of a woman.

 

“Yes! They think that I’m the wife of the president so they are treating me well! I don’t even have to do any work! It’s amazing!”

 

When Jeonghan walked closer to the restroom, his eyes widened after realizing that the woman was Ms.Gwak. This ! So he was right after all. The woman does know that she is the rumored wife and is using the gossip to her advantage!

 

“Pfft, I don’t think I’ll get found out. It was just gossip that the wife is working in the company. If she really was, she wouldn’t hide her identity!”

 

Jeonghan closed his fist tightly. He gritted his teeth as he continued to listen to the woman’s call.

 

“That’s what I’m planning to do. Haha! Marriage is just a piece of paper. That’s nothing to worry about!”

 

Why--- I ought to!!! Jeonghan’s eyes were burning. He started beating the crap out of the woman in his head. Marriage is just a piece of paper?! Is she thinking of stealing his husband away from him?! This sly snake!

 

“Are you really questioning my beauty? I can get your boyfriend to call me if I want to.”

 

Jeonghan started to think how he’s going to surprise the woman. Should he just slap her once she leaves the restroom?

 

“Sheesh yeah, I won’t really do it. I was just kidding! So be careful with your words! You call yourself my best friend yet you let your mouth run so carelessly!”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter