DINNER? BUT ALL THAT'S BEING SERVED IS TEA!

WHAT ARE THE ODDS?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

💓 Thank you for upvoting! 💓

BabyM00n, Marooshka, lunihun

NOTE: I want to give the biggest thanks to this wonderful person who helped in creating this chapter, thank you ayelamarthy! By the way this gal is also a writer so please check her fics out! 

 

“What?!” Jeonghan was so shocked by what he found out that he splashed water out of the big tub. “Akk---!”  The blonde choked. He coughed and shook his head to shake the droplets of water off his vision. “The  vice president is your uncle?!” Holy crap! No wonder the Hanahaki is untouchable! They have planted an ally  in the national government! 

 

“It’s not that big of a deal, you don’t need to be surprised.” From the mafia’s point of view, his wife looked just like a dog. Seungcheol picked the strand of hair sticking on his wife’s cheeks and tucked it behind the blonde’s ear. “We’re gonna have dinner with him tomorrow.” 

 

Jeonghan blushed at the action. “You won’t be home for dinner tomorrow night?”

 

Seungcheol paused. What part of 'we' did his wife not understand? “You’re coming with me.”

 

“Eh? Why do I have to come too?!” What? Dinner with the v-vice president? No way!

 

“Don’t we always have dinner together?” 

 

Come to think of it
 The only time he had to eat dinner alone was when his husband had to work abroad and when he was kidnapped by his grandmother. No matter how busy the man is, he’d always come home for dinner. “But
”

 

“You’re my wife. This shouldn’t be a question.”  

 

“Your family is intimidating, Seungcheol-ssi. Granny was quite something. I don’t think I’d want to meet more of her.” Jeonghan shivered when he remembered the old woman’s wicked expression.

 

Seungcheol chuckled at his wife, adoring the displeased sounds coming from him. “Hm. Not really. I don’t consider all of them family.”  

 

Oh
. Jeonghan looked down after hearing that. How come? The angel wanted to know why the man thinks this way but he got distracted when he recalls a question he’s been meaning to ask. “By the way
 how did granny become a mafia boss?” 

 

Seungcheol blinked and made his clueless wife turn his back on him. He then pulled the blonde closer and wrapped his arms around the lean stomach. His wife was obviously surprised when he planted a kiss on the pale nape. “Well
” 

 

Hana Choi Jang, 81 years old; previous leader of Hanahaki, is the eldest of five children of her parents. She has one biological sister, two adoptive and an adoptive brother. Out of all them, granny was the one who was taken under her father’s wing. She was more organized, more powerful and more interested in the growth and well-being of their syndicate than the rest of her siblings. Moreover, she’s the biological and eldest daughter of her family. Among all of them, she was the more deserving to take over the syndicate, so it was no surprise that she inherited the organization.

 

Not long after she became the leader, Mrs.Jang married an equally powerful half-Japanese mafia. The man had no more family members since they had been murdered so when he died, Mrs. Jang combined the two and formed Hanahaki, the now most notorious syndicate in South Korea.

 

Mrs. Jang becoming the leader wasn't a problem for her late husband’s underlings. She was well respected by everyone. Her siblings also didn’t have any objections, they were more relieved that they didn’t have to carry the burden of the shady business; She managed the syndicate well for fifty years. She was careful yet firm with her stance; she was ruthless yet diplomatic. There are no questions on how she handled her enemies. They all admire her for her great way running the organization.

 

There wasn’t a problem
. until the next generation was born.

 

Since all her sisters and brother had sons, they were displeased that the next inheritors will be the grandchild of Mrs. Jang. The old woman refused to pass the organization she built to the children of her siblings just because her son committed a mistake. Over time, these family members let go of wanting to be on top; some of them even joined the syndicate, like the father of Lee Felix and Lee Minhyuk (all three are currently active members of the organization). Everyone had grown to accept the fact  that Seungcheol is now the head of Hanahaki, everyone, except....

 

*****

 

“Appa?” Jeonghan answered his phone. They had just arrived at the parking lot when his phone rang. It’s weird for his father to call him. “Why did you call?”

 

“Ah-- eh, I just wanted to check on you. Is everything okay?” 

 

“Uhmm yeah. Seungcheol and I are going to have dinner outside.”  He answered. He looked over his husband who had undone his seatbelt and got out. He watched the man cross to his side and opened his door.

 

“I see. That’s good. Be safe, okay?”

 

That’s odd. His father doesn’t sound so cheerful. “I will be. Is something wrong?” Jeonghan quickly removed his seatbelt and hopped off the expensive car. He mouthed his thanks to his husband while listening to his father.

 

“Oh nothing. I’ll be gone for a while. I just want to let you know.”

 

“Why? Where are you going?”

 

“Some heaven stuff. I need to take care of something. Rely on your husband if you need help. Alright? Him and his family
 They will not hesitate to help.”

 

“Okay
” Something isn't right
 Why does he feel like his father was saying a final goodbye? “Be safe too, Kim Heechul.”   

 

Tut-tut-tut-----

 

The call ended. 


Seungcheol watched his wife stare at his phone before calling his attention. “Father?” 

 

“...yes.” He almost didn’t answer. Is he just overthinking? He must be, right? Kim Heechul isn't introuble, he's fine. 

 

Suengcheol sensed the worry in his wife’s tone. Now what did his troublesome father-in-law get himself into this time? “Is he okay?”

 

Even if Heechul gets tangled in unpleasant situations, his father can always run away; he’s the best at that. Jeonghan assured himself. “Yeah.. it’s just
 it’s probably nothing. He was just checking on me. Let’s go inside?” 

 

*****

 

“N-nice to ak!” He accidentally bit his tongue and Jeonghan mentally slapped himself. Oh . “Nice to meet you m-mister sir vice president!” When the angel bowed, he internally screamed. He really just had to be so awkward! The angel wants to hit himself for looking like a total idiot in front of the second most powerful politician in Korea. Oh how embarrassing!  Jeonghan heard his husband sigh and it made him feel more stupid. Huhuhu you can at least pretend I didn’t make a fool of myself! If only he had known they’ll be welcomed by the vice president himself the moment the couple enters the building’s lobby, Jeonghan would have been able to mentally prepare! Can’t the ground just swallow him?!

 

“Good to see you again, uncle.”  Seungcheol bowed at the man. The small smile he gave changed into a frown when he turned his head to a young man standing next to the older Choi. 

 

“Jeonghan.” The lad with red hair smirked and offered his hand. “I remember you from that flight to Maldives, the name is Choi Taeyong.” The man introduced himself.


“We’ve met before?” Jeonghan immediately recalled the flight to Maldives. Redhead
 redhead
 red-aha! An imaginary light bulb popped above his head. Jeonghan remembered! He was the guy who was standing in front of his seat when he went to the toilet! His hair color and slit on the eyebrow made him recognizable; he’s the guy who his husband told him not to meet! “Oh! N-nice to meet you again Tae-” The angel was surprised when his husband pulled his hand before his fingers could even touch the other man’s palm. 

 

Siwon, seeing the two throwing daggers with their eyes, quickly tried to clear the air. “Ahem! I forgot to mention that Taeyong had come back to town and will have dinner tonight with us. Mian, Seungcheol.” He knew from the beginning that this night would not be peaceful. He shouldn’t have let his son come.

 

Seeing this kind of territorial reaction from his cousin, Taeyong felt even more eager to piss off the man. “Well, I wouldn’t deny your wife is beautiful. No wonder you took him despite being a man.” 

 

Jeonghan swallowed after hearing those words. 

 

The vice president only laughed and patted his son’s back a little too harsh; a warning that he shouldn’t talk anymore. “I agree! You’re gorgeous, Jeonghan! Our Seungcheol has great eyes!” He managed to give the blonde his brightest smile, an attempt to turn his son’s obvious insult into a compliment. 

 

Jeonghan forced a smile and thanked the older man. They haven’t even gone to the table yet he’s already feeling unwelcome by Seungcheol’s cousin. He took a quick glance at the said person and noticed the way he looked at his husband. On their flight to Maldives and even now... He still has a bad feeling about the redhead. What’s up with that guy? 

 

*****

 

“You’re two years younger than him. So I assume you’re still in university. What are you studying, Jeonghan?” Siwon asked after taking his seat at the round table. 

 

Jeonghan is yet in another fancy restaurant, reserved exclusively for the use of wealthy people. As expected from someone as rich and as powerful as the vice president. Jeonghan watched as the staff simultaneously helped them to the table. Deja vu, he thought.  “Business Management, sir.” 

 

“I see. That’s a good choice. I hope to see you flourish in the business world alongside your husband.” 

 

“Thank you sir.” Jeonghan smiled politely. Unlike granny, the vice president seems unexpectedly kind. The media didn’t lie about him being humble. Who would ever think he’d be a relative of the mafia?

 

“Oh! Excuse me, I need to use the restroom.” Siwon stood from his seat and headed to the toilet; leaving the three to talk to themselves while waiting for the meal.

 

“What’s the name of your university?” Taeyong asked after finding yet another great opportunity to annoy his father’s guests. Looks like the night is in his favor.

 

“I’m sorry?” Jeonghan was surprised that the man wants to talk to him. 

 

“Where are you studying?” The redhead repeated, this time he sounded impatient. He fixed himself in his seat, man spreading like he’s in some sort of bar saving chairs for his friends.  

 

The angel didn’t feel comfortable with how he was questioning him but because he is his husband’s family, Jeonghan ignored the little voice in his head that tells him not to interact. “Oh.. at Pledis university.” 

 

“Ahhhhh, that school. And you used to be a working student, right?” Taeyong raised an eyebrow before picking up his glass of champagne.  “So what I heard is true.” 

 

He didn’t directly say it, but with the tone of his voice and his mocking look, it was easy for the angel to realize that the man is looking down on him. Jeonghan looked over to his husband and noticed him poking his cheek with his tongue, a habit of his when he’s pissed off. Looks like he found the person the tycoon doesn’t consider as family. The blonde  put a hand on the man’s lap and patted it. When the mafia turned his head to him, Jeonghan mouthed: “it’s okay, calm down” before replying. “That’s right. How about you, Taeyong-ssi? Where are you studying?”

 

The mafia did not expect his wife to counter attack. He stared speechless at him for a while before chuckling. Seungcheol’s anger immediately dissipated when his wife asked the question. He looked at the blonde with such impressed eyes; a devilish smirk graced his handsome face. My, my. His wife is looking so y right now. 

 

“I-I’m
” 

 

“Oh-- you’re back mister vice president.” Jeonghan dismissed the other person by acknowledging the presence of his father. He knows. Everybody knows. Even if t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter