BACK TO SCHOOL, BACK TO WORK, MARRYING THE MAFIA DOES HAVE PERKS!

WHAT ARE THE ODDS?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jeonghan had a bright smile when he woke up. Unlike his regular school days, he was able to get up before the alarm on the bedside rings. It was only 5:30, he has 1 hour to prepare for school. He stretched and yawned loudly, causing the still sleeping mafia next to him whine. The boy immediately folded his arms and covered his mouth. He carefully left the bed and lift a pillow, placed it properly on the head rest and arranged his side of the bed. Jeonghan looked at the mafia and although he’s still dead afraid of the man, somehow, looking at the criminal sleeping peacefully, made him smile. He fixed his cover, raising it up to the man’s shoulder, careful not to stir the mafia and then left for the bathroom.

 

After washing up, the angel went downstairs thinking of what he’d make for breakfast; but when he got to the kitchen, the sweet smell of bacon being fried made his mouth watery. He peeked to see who among the mafia’s men is awake at this hour. Turns out, it’s the tall man who’s gonna drive him to university today, Mingyu.

 

“Oh, good morning sir. I was going to wake you up after preparing breakfast, but since you’re already up, do you want some coffee?” Mingyu smiled brightly at Jeonghan.

 

The angel would have thought the man in the apron was friendly and warm if he didn’t know he’s a member of a syndicate. Jeonghan sat on the counter and watched as the man take a mug from the cupboard. “D-do you have milk?”

 

Mingyu raised a brow, his new boss is a grown man yet he prefers milk over coffee? Cute. The tall man turned to face the lad and once again flashed a smile at him. “Yes we do, let me just heat it. You can wait at the dining table.”

 

Jeonghan nodded. He lazily walked to the table. Maybe instead of waiting, he should prepare his bag and…. “Ah! M---my bag! My stuff! I--- don’t live here!”

 

And while the boss was pulling his hair out of frustration, another mafia all dressed in suits came to his aid. “What happened sir?”

 

The foreigner spoke in fluent Korean and Jeonghan wondered how long the american has been living in Korea because he sounds native. Maybe 6? 7 years? Could it be---- Wait! That’s not what he’s supposed to be thinking! He should be worrying how he’s gonna arrive in school with nothing! Every soldier must have a weapon when going to war, he can’t just show up in class unprepared! That’s like asking the terror professors to pick on him until the end of the semester! So Jeonghan, without much thinking, held onto the young mafia and pleaded with his puppy eyes. “Do--- Do you have a phone with you? Can I call someone?”

 

Vernon wasn’t sure if he should let the man borrow his phone but since Mingyu nodded at him, he pulled out a black phone in his pocket and the boss immediately snatched it from his hand. He watched as the boss’ wife ran to the other side of the room and held it against his ear. The foreigner walked to Mingyu without tearing his eyes away from the boy who bowed several times on the phone. “If he ran away, it’ll be your responsibility.”

 

Mingyu only scoffed while scooping some rice and placed it in a silver bowl. He glanced at Jeonghan before answering. “Considering traffic, his school is about an hour away from here and President Choi ordered me to drive him. If he isn’t worried, why should we? That call is probably school related.”

 

After 15 minutes the funny looking man came back to the kitchen and bowed to the foreigner. “Thank you for lending me your phone.”

 

“Is something the matter sir?” Vernon asked, he’s being suspicious. His boss is sweating profusely and the way he was bowing to the wall while on the phone earlier was a bit too odd. Who takes the phone for 15 minutes?

 

“A--- my bag is in my apartment… I called my roommate to bring it with him but since I was kidn--- I mean… I was away with no contact with him whatsoever, he shouted at me and scolded me… sorry I took so long.” the boy bowed while smiling awkwardly at the foreigner.

 

Ohhhh.. So that’s why. Vernon looked over Mingyu who gave him an “I-told-you-so” look and when he turned his handsome face to the young boss who’s been staring at him curiously, his expression changed into a warm smile before taking his phone. “It’s no problem sire. Is there anything else I can do for you?”

 

“Actually…”

 

Jeonghan connected his index finger together, his head hanging low. He doesn’t know if he should ask but since he had no other choice, he thought he’ll just act thick skinned. The boy bit his lip when he noticed that both men were patiently waiting for him to respond, so with a mosquito voice, he asked: “I-- umm… my--- my father’s clothes… I need them so I can go to school… can you--- can you show me where they are?”

 

Vernon once again looked at Mingyu who’s now walking to the dining table with a trayful of breakfast. He was waiting for the assistant’s signal but all he got was a head tilt, Mingyu’s body language which means ‘I don’t know.’

 

“I’m sorry sir but----”

 

“Good morning sir, please use these for your first day in school.” The emotionless mafia entered the scene and Vernon sighed in relief. The man was holding out a neatly folded gray pants and white polo.

 

Judging by the material of the top, Jeonghan concluded that they don’t belong to his father. His dad has a very strange sense of fashion, so there’s no way he’d have a pair of decent clothes. He wanted to ask whose clothes they are but decided not to care anymore. Instead he thanked the man, ate breakfast and hurriedly went upstairs to get dressed.

 

When the angel opened the door, he didn’t think the mafia would be awake, had just gotten out of the shower, only in his towel, hair dripping wet and currently displaying his hot six-pack abs and firm biceps in the eyes of the innocent walk-in.

 

“...rose?” Jeonghan spoke out loud when he noticed the ink on the mafia’s toned rib cage.

 

The boy shrieked at the same time the mafia turned his head to him. He immediately stepped out of the room and turned the knob, he thought he saw the mafia open his mouth as if he was gonna say something but because the boy panicked, he closed the door without waiting for his husband to speak.

 

“Achoo!” Jeonghan leaned his back on the door as he wiped his nose with his sleeve. He put both of his hands to his cheeks and felt how hot they were. His heart is beating loudly again. Why did he panicked when he saw the mafia without a shirt on when he’s a guy? Jeonghan didn’t understand himself, he wants to believe that he was just afraid of being killed by the mafia for accidentally seeing him half but deep in his heart, he knows it’s not the case. His internal turmoil was interrupted when the door suddenly opened.

 

“G-Gah!” Because the angel was leaning on it, his foot instinctively backed up as the door opened wider, his arms flailed, dropping the neatly folded clothes and in a second his back hit a ‘wall.’ The impact made Jeonghan close his eyes but when the wall cleared it’s throat, Jeonghan’s eyes sprung open and when he looked up, he saw the familiar grey eyes staring back at him.

 

The sound of the door closing brought him back to earth. He left the wide chest and immediately bowed his head to apologize. (also to hide his tomato face) “I--- I’m sorry! I--- I didn’t know you were ch-hanging!”

 

The mafia smirked at the boy. He enjoys seeing the boy panic at the sight of him. His cold hand held the boy’s chin while the other, he used to snake around the boy’s waist. He lifted the small face and watched how the boy’s cat eyes tremble, his cheeks and the tip of his nose were getting redder with each passing second, his ruby lips parted, as if asking to be sealed, there’s no doubt the boy looked gorgeous and the mafia just can’t stop himself from teasing his spouse. “Your face is red, care to share what you’re imagining, wife?”

 

Jeonghan thought he’ll pass out anytime. He doesn’t know where to focus, his heart was once again jumping out of his ribcage. Where should he look? At the mafia’s handsome face? At the president’s broad chest? Maybe his biceps?Would it be rude to stare at his tattoo? What about his abs? Oh sweet lord! Please get the angel out of the room before he suffers from a heart attack!

 

“Noth---A-ah!” Jeonghan screamed when a strong arm pulled him closer. The boy kept his thin hands closed tightly, pressing on his husband’s chest to keep some distance between them.

 

“Are you thinking of something dirty, baby?”

 

“Wha--what? No!” Jeonghan distracted himself by putting his focus on the clothes that are scattered on the bed as he continued to struggle from the man's tight grip.

 

The mafia’s thick thighs were positioned in between Jeonghan’s slim ones and because the boy was only wearing the mafia’s oversized polo and boxers, the contact caused all the hair on his body to stand. Seungcheol is totally enjoying how his wife is reacting to him right now. “You know, I have an urgent meeting to attend in China.”

 

“Ch-China?” Jeonghan stopped moving. So that's why there are clothes on the bed. But the tycoon had just gotten home from a trip, is he really going out of the country again?

 

“Mhm, so I won’t see your pretty face for a few days.” Seungcheol touched his wife's nose at the same time he quirked his brow, a small smile was plastered on his handsome face; his dimples showing.

 

This action made the angel’s face to turn red once more . “Then--- y-you should p-pack your bags!” He tried not to look panicked as he struggled to distance himself from his husband.

 

“But my wife’s need comes first.”

 

Jeonghan almost moaned at how sensual the mafia sounded and his damn hair touching the boy’s cheek as he nibbled on his ear made everything worse. The angel felt scared of his own body’s reaction. Why does he have this strange feeling of wanting to touch the mafia? Jeonghan fought against the thought as he pushed the man away from him.

 

“I---I---- should --- I should get ready-- for uni--- have a safe trip bye!” Jeonghan stuttered and hurriedly ran to the restroom, he tripped on the way but he still managed to stand up and go to the bathroom without looking back, he slammed the door a bit hard but he didn’t care, his heart is still too weak to be that close to the man. He can’t wait to go to school!

 

*****

 

When Jeonghan arrived in front of his university, he stood outside the gate and waited for his friend who will bring his bag along with his I.D.

 

To be honest, his apartment is only about a five-minute walk but since he already had a free ride, there’s no way his lazy would walk there, plus his driver was strictly ordered to wait for him to enter the gate before leaving. The angel is afraid that if he goes to his humble abode, the man will follow him and endanger his friend’s peaceful life. He will not let anyone he cares for know or be involved with the mafia and his men, he will not risk it, even if it means he’d have to stay far away from them.

 

While the man was deep in his thoughts, he didn’t notice that a bag was flying his way and in two seconds, it hit the angel’s face.

 

“Ack!” When the bag fell on the ground, Jeonghan’s face remained winced. After massaging his nose, he picked up the bag and was ready to fight the who threw a replica of his bag at him when he saw his best friend steaming with anger.

 

“You couldn’t even tell me you’re going to your dad huh?! Can’t even leave a note for your best friend of 21 years?! My mom was ready to call the T.V. station to look for you! Yoon Jeonghan I’m going to kill you!” Hong Jisoo started to hit the poor angel on the head with a bottle of water.

 

If people would pay attention to them, they’d think that the two are siblings, even twins. They look and act alike. Jeonghan has been friends with Jisoo since kindergarten, they practically grew up together. When one decided to move school, the other would follow. Their families are close knitted so when Jeonghan’s mother passed away, Jisoo’s family looked after the boy during the absence of his dad. That’s why Jeonghan understands why Jisoo is currently beating the out of him.

 

Jeonghan glimpsed at the black car parked in front of him and the driver was looking dangerously at Jisoo. The guy was ready to get out of the car to save his boss from the violent kid but Jeonghan shook his head and mouthed that he’s fine.

 

“Ow! Ow! Mian! Mian! Spare me Jisoo! I’m sorry I didn’t mean to leave so suddenly--- It’s been a year since I last saw my dad--- I just wanted to know if he’s still alive!”

 

After giving a final kick, Jisoo had finally stopped beating his best friend. He panted while Jeonghan fixed his now crumpled and a little stained white polo. His best friend is such a headache sometimes. “Don’t worry me again, .”

 

Jeonghan nodded and after catching his breath, he gave his best friend a bright smile before attacking him with a tight hug earning a whine from the man but it was quickly changed with giggles. Honestly, even though it’s only been a little over a week, he really missed his best friend. He wants to tell him everything that happened but he’s afraid he’d drag the innocent man down to hell with him so he decided it would be best to keep it a secret for now.

 

When the two had finally entered the gate, Mingyu drove away.

 

“You know, if it weren’t for your hair. I wouldn’t have recognized you. You look quite different.” Jisoo said as he side eye his best friend.

 

“Ah? What do you mean?”

 

Jisoo stopped his friend from moving and walked around him. Scrutinizing him from head to toe. Then he stepped back a little to have a view of his friend from a distance. The boy n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter