HIM: PROGRESS? PROGRESS. PART 1

WHAT ARE THE ODDS?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title acronym: HIM (Honeymoon in Maldives)

 

“Close your mouth.”

 

 

If the mafia didn’t tell him, Jeonghan would not have known that he froze on his spot. Jeonghan was too shocked to step in when the door was flung open. When the mafia said they’ll be attending an auction, he thought that they’ll be in a theater-like room with a podium in front and a few people in their formal wear, just like the bidding of the last box of chocolate in the Willy Wonka movie, that’s why he was speechless; because he didn’t expect that he’ll be in a UK palace themed mansion with so many ladies and gent from the upper, upper-class.

 

The elegant interior of the spacious room, the vintage designs, the marble floor and the gold and white curtains, the many, many glass windows, and the classy people around him were enough to make the boy faint. Rich people really have no idea how to spend their millions! Gaping at the grand hall filled with aristocrats from around the globe made the angel feel so poor and small, he doesn’t belong in such place!

 

“--- and then I said, ‘even if you work for five years as a sales lady, you wouldn’t be able to pay for my shoes!”

 

Jeonghan cringed when he heard the snippet of the woman’s narration and looked to where the laughter were coming from. In one high table, around seven people were smoking their cigar and drinking their wine. The woman who was just speaking was wearing a hot pink gown that didn’t go so well with her skin complexion, nor her broad shoulders. She imitated how the poor lady in her story cried and the big circle of rich-snobs laughed.

 

“Why do they even allow clumsy lower class men to work there? They’re only making them poorer!” said by another woman in a long black elegant gown, her hair styled like Marilyn Monroe’s.

 

Hearing this kind of conversation, of course, demotivated Jeonghan. He started walking backwards slowly, careful not to alert the mafia.

 

“I--- I shouldn’t be here-- I’ll just wait outs---- hey!” Jeonghan protested when his husband easily carried him by the waist and held him like a basket.

 

“No you’re not, we made a deal.” Seungcheol reminded the blonde who started thrashing in his arms, acting like a five-year-old.

 

The angel looked up, his long silky hair hiding half of his eyes as he glared at the man. There’s no way he’s socializing with those elites! Why did he even agree to come here?

 

2 hours before the event....

 

Jeonghan was standing by the doorway, his eyes staring on the ground as he nervously fiddled his fingers, his face all red as he tried pushing away the thought that the mafia is getting dressed in front of him. “W-why did you call me?”

 

Seungcheol turned his heel to face the boy who’s already dressed in his black suit that shows his slim physique. “I need help with my tie.”

 

Jeonghan felt chills run down his spine when the mafia spoke in a low, lazy tone as if he’s speaking from the underworld. This kind of unique voice had some sort of command in Jeonghan and no matter how much he avoids it, he would still find himself looking up at the speaker. “N-ne.”

 

Jeonghan gulped before taking his steps. The mafia is in his neat white dress shirt that’s beautifully cladding his broad shoulders and firm chest, his hair still a little wet making him look like a model, a necktie revealed in his left hand but Jeonghan’s eyes merely looked at the silk because of the distracting black slacks that’s hugging the mafia’s perfect thick thig---- wait WHAT? Jeonghan shook his head vigorously and mentally slapped himself for having such disgusting thoughts. Why was he even looking at the man’s thighs?!

 

Seungcheol watched as his wife was almost not breathing as he took the tie from his hand and put it carefully around his neck. Seeing the boy’s cheeks turn red like blooming roses, his eyes focused on looping the tie and his ruby lips, in between his teeth, the husband fought the urge to smile.

 

“You don’t have to be nervous, just do what you did in our wedding. Behave, smile, and have a small conversation with my business partners. Be that cute little wife that you are.”

 

Ignoring (read: fail) the compliment, Jeonghan blushed as he politely asked “C-can I not come?” His expert fingers carefully pulling the black silk.

 

Seungcheol didn’t even have to think twice when he replied “no.”

 

“Ugh,” Jeonghan rolled his eyes. “What do I even get from this?”

 

Seungcheol who had his chin up, looked down when he heard the whine.

 

!

 

Jeonghan’s eyes grew as big as an owl’s when he realized that he complained out loud. He immediately bowed his head, avoiding all eye contact. There's no way he’ll raise his head now! Rather than stiff neck, the man will straight up snap them! He could feel his throat getting dry. “A-ani, ani! I--”


“Good question.” Seungcheol was surprised by the boy’s reaction but when he saw the instant regret in his face, the mafia, as usual, decided to let the boy off. He took a short pause to think of a good answer to his wife’s question and after the boy’s anxious wait, Seungcheol had finally bent himself, matching his bowing wife’s eye level before speaking in his low, husky voice. “Capture the investors trust and I’ll let you choose dinner.”

 

Jeonghan didn’t expect the mafia to be so soft on him today. He was expecting the man to hold a gun to his head and lash out because he’s temperamental and because of Jeonghan’s stupid impulses but he didn’t.

 

What even is happening? First, he helped Jeonghan look for the mother of the boy he found in the mall, then when they arrived back to the hotel a little later than planned, he didn’t blame the blonde and instead asked him to hurry up, and now this? Did the mafia hit his head? Has the lord come? Either way the boy is relieved.

 

He felt like he was walking on thin ice but since the mafia seems like he’s in a good mood, he took the courage to ask once more. “H-how is that a good deal?”

 

Seungcheol raised his eyebrow at the challenging tone of his wife, the boy is gradually getting comfortable around the mafia that he even tries to question him. Being trapped in a foreign land together does have its merit, he reminded himself to thank his father later.

 

The tycoon captured his wife’s cold hand just in time after he adjusted the neatly tied tie around Seungcheol’s neck. He squeezed it to pass some heat and to make the boy look up. “Because if you don’t, I’ll have you for dinner.”

 

The mafia smirked dangerously and Jeonghan felt all the body on his hair stand up, he jumped 10 feet away from the man, his whole body turning red, he crossed his arm and yelled. This ert! “Eek! T-talk to the businessmen and capture their hearts, got, got it!”

 

Seungcheol chuckled at his wife’s reaction before walking to the bed to pick up his black jacket. “Good.”

 

“Okay, okay! I’m coming--- just put me down!” Jeonghan trashed, embarrassed at how some staff and guests were looking at him. Why did he even agree to come here? Oh yeah, he didn’t. He was just too flustered earlier and scared of what the rich, sick, bastard he married would do if he said ‘no.’

 

Seungcheol took a few more steps until they’re standing at a tall table before letting his wife set foot on the ground. “You’re not behaving at all, babe.”

 

Jeonghan’s face turned redder when the mafia spoke the last word and stressed it. He dusted off his black classy suit and fixed his sleeves before glaring at the criminal. “Don’t call me that.”

 

Seungcheol was about to raise a hand to fix the boy’s hair when-- “Oppa! I thought you wouldn’t come!”

 

A very high pitched and cheerful voice came ringing from behind and Jeonghan spun like a top when someone pushed him off. “Hey!”

 

Jeonghan glared at the tactless woman who rushed to the mafia to snake her arms around him. He watched as the lady in long elegant, sparkly white gown smile like a dog at the criminal, who by the way, must have been upset at her loudness because his teasing smile was replaced with a frown.

 

“Uncle Seung-hyun told me you’ll be coming in place of him! I’ve been looking for your handsome face everywhere! How have you been?” Jeonghan almost covered his ears because the woman’s voice was like nails on chalkboard, it’s a pain to hear her talk so obnoxiously loud. The lady in white even had the audacity to hit the mafia on the chest. Heh, prepare for death miss, you guys might be close but you have no idea he’s a mafia.

 

The angel was cursing the woman in his mind when he felt a pair of eyes staring at him, Jeonghan flinched when he realized it was the mafia and he had a cocky smile plastered on his annoyingly handsome face. Jeonghan furrowed his brows, confused. “W-what?”

 

Seungcheol only raised his shoulder and eyebrows before mouthing ‘nothing.’


Jeonghan narrowed his eyes at Seungcheol and tilted his head, the boy tried to read the man’s expression which made the latter snicker.

 

Having realized she doesn’t have the mafia’s attention, the lady turned her head to “whom” the mafia was fondly laughing at. The woman was a little annoyed because the man she ‘grew’ up with rarely smiles and to see him chuckling like this because of this strange woman in tux made her see red. To stir her even more, the fox had long blonde, soft-looking locks and (she can’t admit) a ridiculously beautiful face. The lady’s face turned green and moved closer to Seungcheol.

 

“I’ve never seen this woman before? Is she replacing Wonwoo-ssi? Why?” She asked, never tearing her eyes away from Jeonghan.

 

The angel stared at the mafia, waiting for him to speak but when he didn’t introduce him, h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter