WHEN YOUR LIFE STARTS TO FEEL LIKE A K-DRAMA

WHAT ARE THE ODDS?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

💓 Thank you for upvoting! 💓

BabyM00n

 

“So that’s why you’re in a hurry yesterday! You went on a date with Seungcheol-ssi!”

 

“Shh! Keep your voice down--sheesh! And it wasn’t a date!!! H-he was just releasing stress and letting me tag along!” Jeonghan panicked and frantically covered his best friend’s loud mouth. He sighed. He made a mistake by telling the boy what he did last night. Great, now he just gave his evil twin another reason to . 

 

“Just releasing stress, pfft!” Of course, Jisoo calls this bull. “Right, right. I forgot, you’re a tsundere.”

 

“No, I’m not!” Jeonghan rolled his eyes. A date? How could that be a date? I mean
 they went to an amusement park alone
 with no assistants tailing them
. And the mafia gave him a plushie... Not to mention they had a romantic moment in the Ferris wheel


 

“Looooooooove!” 

 

Jeonghan’s internal discourse with himself got disturbed when Seokmin arrived at their regular lunch spot. He watched as his best friend’s eyes screamed ‘whipped’ as he gestures his boyfriend to come in for a hug. 

 

“Ahh! I missed having lunch with you at school, love!”  The young man with strong features dove in for a hug and almost threw his whole lunch box. He laughed at himself and Jeonghan thought he shone like the sun. Lee Seokmin, what a cheerful guy!

 

“Me too! Oh, did you make--- chicken!!! My favorite! I was just craving for those! You’re the best, my Kyeomie~ this is why I love you!”

 

“I can cook for you every day if you let me move in! I’ll be your roommate since hyung’s already living with his husband!”

 

“You two
” Jeonghan trailed off, he found himself once again, third wheeling. He’s also a bit speechless with how the two shamelessly flirt right in front of his salad. 

 

Seokmin, while he’s hanging like a koala on his boyfriend, asked the angel innocently: “Is there something wrong Jeonghan hyung?”

 

“Er
 well
” Jeonghan scratched his cheek. “ Just casually telling each other you like them, isn’t that awkward and unnecessary?” The angel feels his face getting hotter. He was never that bothered with the couple being sweet around him, he had always felt indifferent and annoyed at them but lately, the angel found himself getting  jealous, blushing and thinking of the mafia whenever he sees any couple publicly displaying affection.  

 

“Hmm? I don’t think so. I think if you love someone, you should remind them whenever you get a chance.” Seokmin let go of his hyung and faced the blonde sitting across from him. “Isn’t that common sense?” 

 

“Why? Isn’t action better than words?” Does he really need to confess to let another person know he likes them? Wouldn’t they (read: Seungcheol) just understand that he has feelings for them because of how he acts around them? Jeonghan would really like to think so, he wants to prove to himself that, not just because he’s afraid to speak up, but also because if he’s going to follow that principle, he can justify Seungcheol’s behavior around him. The mafia had not verbally told him that he likes him either, so why should Jeonghan tell him about his growing feelings? 

 

“Well, Hannie, you’re right about that but if you don’t tell Seungcheol you like him romantically, then he might end up thinking you’re not interested in him at all. Affirmation is needed in relationships, especially since yours started in a strange way.”

 

“Is that so
” Right. He has to also weigh the mafia’s interest in him. Is the mafia really acting like a real husband because he’s developing romantic feelings towards him? Or is he just being nice and Jeonghan is just assuming and being delusional? Because the angel is finding it hard to process what his friend is trying to tell him, he didn’t realize the boy was using him and Seungcheol’s relationship to directly explain further. 

 

“For example, yesterday, what you two did is called a date but since Seungcheol-ssi didn’t verbally say it was, you thought you were just two straight guy friends riding Ferris Wheels and kissing. Do you see it now? That’s why it’s important to let the other know what you truly feel. Anyway, now that we’re on that subject, I should tell Seungcheol he should be more verbal with you, your small brain isn’t catching on.”

 

“Hey! Aren’t you a little too harsh with your words?” Jeonghan only came back to earth when he heard the insult. He was about to hit his friend when he saw the name of the person he’s messaging. The angel jumped to the other side of the table to stop the traitor from sending malicious text to his husband. “Wait--- are you texting him? What are you gonna tell him?! Give me your phone---- how did you even get his number?!”

 

Unbothered, Seokmin continues to eat his packed lunch while his boyfriend and his boyfriend’s best friend fight on the side. “My love is right Jeonghan hyung! And by that I meant the part about affirmation.” Seokmin, amidst the chaos, took a spoonful of rice and raised it to his boyfriend, who then paused from pulling the blonde’s hair to get a bite. “On the side note, though I’m surprised to hear about you and that guy, I’m glad things are going good between you and that scary husband of yours, hyung. I didn’t expect you’d fall for him so fast.” 

 

Fall for him? All the blood on Jeonghan's body rushed up to his face. “W-wha?! I’m not! What nonsense are you talking about?! Sheesh! I’m going back to class!” 

 

The angel stomped his way out of the cafeteria with a flushed face, black smoke steaming off from his nostrils like a kettle. Geez! Why does everybody bully him? Do they think he’s a wimp? Always bringing up his feelings towards the mafia--- tch! Uncalled for! Jeonghan’s anger subsided immediately as he weighed his friend’s advice.

 

His footsteps became lighter as he wondered about what his friends said; Seokmin and Jisoo did make valid points but what if....

 

*****

 

The angel had been staring at the bedroom’s wide ceiling for a while now. Since he got home, he’s been spacing out. Jeonghan raised his hand above his head and opened his palm, he watched as the light passed between his lean fingers.

 

“What have you done to me, Choi Jeonghan?”

 

Jeonghan’s  pupils dilated as his heart began to beat loudly; he replayed what happened yesterday in his mind. The angel looked to his right, to the mafia’s side of the bed and sighed. The hand that was reaching up to the ceiling was placed on the neatly made cold sheets, the mafia hasn’t gone to bed so Jeonghan put his plushie on the other side as a substitute for his husband to stop feeling lonely. “Hey prez, what time do you think he’s planning to sleep?”

 

The blonde stared at the stuffed toy as if he’s waiting for it to answer.  Disappointed (but thankful) by the lack of response, Jeonghan sat up, his hair covering half of his face. “Do you think we should check on him? What if he collapsed in his home office and no one knew?” The angel contemplated for a bit but later on found it was a plausible excuse to disturb his husband. Jeonghan immediately got up.

 

It only took four steps to get to the mafia’s work space that is located conveniently across their room. Jeonghan knocked twice before opening the door, peeking his head like a meerkat. “You’re still working?”

 

Seungcheol looked up from the document he’s holding to find his wife standing on the doorway. Normally, he would be livid at those who disturb him while he’s working--- especially those who don’t wait for permission to enter the room but since it’s a certain blonde in a purple silk pajama, he didn’t mind. “Yes. We’re opening three buildings internationally by the end of the month. I have to read a few requests.”

 

“Oh.” Jeonghan’s eyes focused on the neatly stacked papers on the right side of the table. “Those don’t look few at all
 Is there something I can do to help?” The angel spoke with a small voice. Since he’s always sleeping next to the man, the angel had gotten so used to the warmth wrapping around him at night that he couldn’t sleep a wink without the other. He’d rather help the man finish his work quickly so they can both rest.

 

Seungcheol smiled at the blonde who offered help. The mafia leaned his chair back and patted his lap, gesturing the younger to come forward. “Here.”

 

Jeonghan, even though embarrassed, complied. He couldn’t help but hold his breath when the mafia put his arms around his small waist. The angel was surprised when he was pulled even closer and was forced to sit on his husband's lap. The mafia’s head, buried in the younger’s neck. The angel could feel the hot breath on his neck and Jeonghan’s blood rushed up to his cheeks. S-shouldn't he complain and get up from his compromising position? Jeonghan, however didn't listen to his head. He patted the head of his husband for a bit. They stayed that way for a while until the man had finally let go. He shyly asked. “Er--- now what do I do?”

 

The angel was a little nervous to hear the mafia’s answer to his question. Sitting on the mafia’s lap with his legs on both sides made his once-innocent-now-stained mind to only think of dirty thoughts. Is--- is the mafia planning to.... but they just did it last night!

 

Seungcheol paused a bit before answering. He planted a quick kiss on the blonde’s soft lips. “Nothing. Just sit here.” 

 

Jeonghan was about to protest when the mafia didn’t answer as he expected. Oh. What a disappointment relief. Still, the angel is confused at the mafia’s answer. Why would he want him to stay? “Eh?”

 

“Stay here.” The slacked arms of the mafia tightened around his wife’s waist again.

 

“I--you can’t work well if I’m sitting here.” This position you put me in is very vulgar! It’s such a relief that Wonwoo-ssi isn’t here! The angel would feel like melting out of embarrassment if they were caught in their state!

 

“Then put your legs like this.” Seungcheol c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter