HIM: KISSES FOR BREAKFAST

WHAT ARE THE ODDS?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title acronym: HIM (Honeymoon in Maldives)

 

When Seungcheol woke up, his first instinct was to go back to sleep, he tried to get comfortable on the warm, lumpy mattress but when he heard a low whine and felt something vibrating against his cheeks, he jerked up, instantly regretting it because of his throbbing head.

 

“Aish” Seungcheol had his palm on his forehead, massaging it and when he opened his eyes, he saw that the ‘lumpy mattress’ is his wife, lying like he was ran over by a truck with his hands and legs spread, his mouth open as drools roll down the side of his mouth.

 

Seeing the boy like this, Seungcheol could not help but smile, his headache forgotten. Ah, what a good way to start his morning.

 

The man inched closer, planning to dive for a kiss but his plan was ruined when the boy suddenly yawned, his morning breath contaminating the fresh air. Seungcheol immediately pulled away, his face scrunched badly, a nerve popped in his head. “You little----”

 

Jeonghan stretched and stretched before sitting up. With his eyes still closed, the blonde massaged his sore shoulder. His whole body is aching, when he opened his eyes, the innocent boy saw the mafia’s sour expression. Not being fully awake yet, Jeonghan's natural maternal (his friends had pointed it out and he takes them as a compliment) instinct was to check if he’s alright. “O--oh, are you okay? Does your head hurt? Do you need me to buy aspirin?”

 

Seungcheol stared speechless for a while. The man, although his memory was blurry, remembers almost everything last night, including the boy helping him in bed. Something's bothering Seungcheol but his head is too much in pain that he can't wrap it around yet, he should get rid of his headache first so he nodded at his wife's offer.

 

Jeonghan quickly got off the bed and went to the restroom. Shortly after brushing his teeth, he asked for the mafia’s credit card who was staring at him in a strange way and went to the nearest convenience store.

 

With his very basic English knowledge and body language, the boy managed to buy the medicine for the mafia. He was about to walk out of the store when he saw the stack of cup noodles. Jeonghan looked at the black card he’s holding and then at the cup noodles. The mafia is recovering from the hangover, and what’s better than medicine? A cup of spicy ramen! Jeonghan nodded at his brilliant idea and bought two Shin ramen for him and for the mafia.

 

Jeonghan walked out of the store smiling at his paper bag. He felt the cool breeze of air and from a distant, he could hear the faint sound of the birds flying across the peaceful sea. Jeonghan turned and just took in the beauty of the beach. The wind blew on his face and the angel felt his soul being cleansed. The boy, after being enslaved by school, work and responsibilities for a long time, felt free.

 

At this very moment, he felt all his worries disappear. Jeonghan stared at the paper bag in his hand and then, it hit him. He bought medicine and noodles for the mafia WITHOUT being threatened to do so. He’s been taking care of the man since last night like it’s his duty as his spouse. The boy blushed.

 

What’s going on with him? Why is he doing this? Is he finally, unconsciously, accepting his role as the mafia’s wife? Did the mafia notice? Is that why he gave his credit card? Of course Jeonghan! You’ve only met him last Saturday! Why else do you think he gave it to you? What are you doing?! You’re only married on papers! You’re only married to stay alive and not because you wanted to! You’re both strangers and he just gave you his legendary black card, the man must think you’re wrapped around his fingers!

 

Jeonghan slapped himself for being so naive. Why didn’t he realize this earlier? The mafia must be lying comfortably in his soft, queen-size bed right now while waiting for his slave to come and serve him! Just thinking like this, the angel felt very angry. That bastard! He stared at the credit card, the sunlight hitting the smooth surface made it shine like gold. An idea popped in the boy’s head, slowly a smile crept in his face. Oh, Mr. President, you just made a wrong move!

 

Seungcheol tapped his foot as he waited impatiently in the living room. He was staring intensely at the door. It’s been 10 minutes since the boy left and until now, he hasn’t come back. Now that the tycoon is fully awake and his hangover headache, as usual had disappeared, he realized that he just gave his wife a chance to run away. Seungcheol clicked his tongue. There’s no way he’ll let the boy escape. With his bad English skills, Seungcheol concluded that the boy won’t be able to seek help from the police.

 

The mafia grabbed his phone and took his car keys on the table. Seungcheol was on his way to the door when it opened, he didn’t expect the boy would come back, but he did, a little gloomy too.

 

“What took you so long?” The man asked as he crossed his arms, he tried to sound suspicious but deep inside his cold heart, he’s relieved.

 

Jeonghan didn’t answer and instead, gave the paper bag and credit card back to the mafia before removing his jeans and dragging his body to the wide sofa. He lied there face down.

 

Seungcheol stared puzzled at his wife’s sudden mood swing but this won’t stop him from getting his answers. The mafia stood at the sofa. “What took you so long?”

 

“...” Still, Jeonghan kept quiet.

 

“Are you sulking?”

 

“...”

 

Seungcheol raised his brow, not liking the boy’s quietness. The mafia traced his eyes from the boy’s head down to his slim body. “Not talking, huh?”

 

Smack!

 

“Ow!” Jeonghan jerked up and hissed. He did not expect to receive a hard slap on the . This jerk! Jeonghan rubbed his and glared at the mafia. “What th---”

 

Seungcheol sat on the free space at the end of the sofa and crossed his leg. “Why are you sulking?” Seungcheol’s voice was low and authoritative.

 

Jeonghan bit his lips and shifted his eyes from side to side. How could he answer that without angering the mafia? “It--- it’s nothing.”

 

The mafia could see through the man’s words, so he insisted. “You're cute when you're scared but I like it more when you’re bold. Speak.”

 

Jeonghan‘s face turned tomato red from the compliment but that’s not what matters right now! The boy shook his head and his cheeks turned back to their original color. He hesitated for a bit but decided to go YOLO. “I---I can’t get away, can I?”

 

Before coming back to the hotel, Jeonghan thought of every possible way to escape, first, he thought of leaving the country but then he realized that his ‘passport’ is in the hotel so it was a ‘no go,’ then he thought of seeking help from the police but he lacks English skills, and how would he know if the police he’ll be asking help from isn’t a corrupt one? Let’s scratch that-- Aha! Perhaps he can just stay in Maldives and live secret---- oh, the mafia’s syndicate is international. His men would hunt him down like a deer! Jeonghan felt frustrated as he thought of possible endings and after so many failed planning, Jeonghan had finally given up.

 

Seungcheol who had a blank expression, chuckled before smiling at his wife. “Stuck with me baby.”

 

Jeonghan flopped down the sofa again. His whole background turning duller and more lifeless.

 

Seungcheol wondered why the boy was once again bringing this up. Why does the boy so badly want to leave? Could it be…The mafia felt blood r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter