INTERN CHOI

WHAT ARE THE ODDS?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Wait! So it’s true that the president is already married?! And now his wife is working here as an intern?!” 

 

“Yes! I heard it myself from the HR. I asked the name but she had signed a contract to keep shut! She won’t even tell me how she looks but she said they’re pretty!” 

 

“Ugh! What a shame! That woman really grabbed the opportunity and married president Choi right away!”

 

“I mean, I would too. Did you see him today? I can never get tired of seeing him! His strict personality also adds up to his charisma, ahhh! I also wanna wake up everyday to his face!”

 

“Well, it’s the 21st century, if you want to try your luck, go ahead and seduce the boss. There’s always divorce!”

 

“Hahaha! You come up with such mischievous ideas!”

 

“Hush you! If someone hears you, you’ll surely be sent to the HR!”

 

“Wait, how many interns did we hire?”

 

“Currently we have ten.”

 

“Then that means one of them is the wife! Have you seen any....”


Heh… this conversation again. Jeonghan sighed. It really is a good thing that he was able to persuade his husband into keeping his identity hidden. Just look at these gossiping employees! They’ve been saying “the president’s wife this, the president’s wife that” all morning! They seem to have come to work only to talk about their boss’ private affair! It’s only his second day at the office and he’s already seeing the bad side of the employees. And they even dare to talk about stealing his husband from him--- these women are sly! How shameless can they be? Should he “accidentally” spill it to his husband and get them fired? Jeonghan thought deeply. 

 

“Sir C-- Mr.Choi!” 

 

Jeonghan turned when he heard the familiar voice. The angel saw his assistant walking fast to his direction, a paper bag on his hand. “You forgot your lunch in the car.” He whispered. 

 

“Ahh, thank you so much!”  Too worried that some employees might see him coming out of an expensive car, Jeonghan hopped off the vehicle without looking at his seat. Good thing Mingyu noticed he left something! He even requested a special lunch from Jun. It would be a shame if he won’t get to eat it! He will not let the chef’s hard work go to waste!

 

“Good day Mister Kim. I haven’t seen you lately.” Jeonghan almost jumped when he heard a woman’s voice behind him. When he turned he noticed that it’s the woman who was sitting in frontdesk of his husband’s office. He had seen her yesterday when they had an orientation and a short tour in the building. The angel swallowed the bitter expression his face wanted to make after looking at the woman from head to toe. He doesn't like the woman as Seungcheol’s secretary. Because he now works at the building, he was able to see how the swooned women in the mafia’s company behave. The secretary may be good at not making it obvious, but her body language cannot hide her hidden intention! His senses are telling him that the woman is trying to seduce his husband. The angel is now filled with jealousy. Well, too bad! He’s married to a guy!

 

“Ah yes, I have been assigned as sir C-- as-- as-- someone dear to the president’s assistant.”

 

“Hohoho! Mister Kim! No need to be secretive with me! We heard from the HR that it is true that the president is married and his wife is currently an intern here! You’re here because of her, right? You’ve been appointed to become her assistant. So tell me, who is it?” 

 

The forgotten Jeonghan has started to sweat on the corner. 

 

“I--I--- ahem! Ms.Park, aren’t you supposed to be working? As the president's secretary you’re expected to be at your table at all times in case the president needs you. What are you doing here at the department of finance? You are setting a bad example to the interns.”

 

The woman’s face turned red. Only then did she notice Jeonghan. Feeling embarrassed, she bowed to Mingyu. “I-I’m sorry Mr.Kim. I just got excited. I-I’ll get going now.” 

 

The woman turned and headed to the exit and only then the angel was able to breathe. “Thank you Mingyu-ssi. You should head out now before people get suspicious.”

 

“Have a good day, sire.” After nodding his head, the loyal assistant went to the office of the head of finance to probably greet them. He must have come here a lot. Perhaps before he got married, Seungcheol both had Mingyu and Wonwoo follow him around. Judging by the way the secretary talked to him, it looks like Mingyu is highly respected in the company.

 

“You, intern.” 

 

The angel jumped when he heard the woman calling him. He thought she already left?! Jeonghan turned to the exit and found the president’s secretary standing at the doorway. “M-me?”

 

The woman rolled her eyes before replying. “Yes! Stop wasting and come here this instant!”

 

“A-ahh yes…” Jeonghan has a bad feeling about this…

 

When the angel stepped closer, the secretary crossed her arms. Jeonghan thought she was some evil antagonist in kdramas. The bat crazy type, ya know, the ones that would pull people’s hair. “What is your relationship with Mr.Kim? What were you two whispering about? Are you gossiping about me coming here?!”

 

“Huh? N-no maam, he was just--- he picked up the lunch box that I left somewhere… he was just giving it to me.” 

 

The woman then looked at the paperbag the young intern was holding. She looked at his face to see if she could sense he was lying but he seemed to be telling the truth. Staring at the young man’s face… the secretary started to feel jealous. How could a man be beautiful? Pfft how annoying, she thought. “Tsk, don’t trouble people around you. Now get back to work.”

 

Jeonghan bowed to the secretary before going back to his station. Pleh! Why is she suddenly getting mad at me! It’s not my fault she got caught slacking off! The angel grumpily walked to his station. Just as he was about to sit down, he noticed a beautiful young woman with curly blonde hair pass by. 

 

“Woaaaah!” Exclaimed the people around him. 

 

Hearing this reaction, the woman turned, kept her hair behind her ear and bowed. She smiled inwardly as she cat-walked her way to the head of finance’s office.

 

“Wow! She’s gorgeous!” Said one of the female interns. “She looks like a model!”

 

“Is she the daughter of senior manager Gwak? Wow, his wife must be beautiful! She and her father look nothing alike!” said one of the employees.

 

“Hush! If someone else hears you will get fired!” reprimanded the other employee.  “Come on guys, stop looking, get the paperwork done.”

 

“Ehhh, you’re being too harsh on the interns! It’s their first week, let them breathe. We’re not even behind the schedule so it’s okay to be a little relaxed. Hey you, Choi Jeonghan, right? I am curious about you. I heard you are from that public university… uhh what’s it called again? Pay day University?”

 

“P-Pledis university, sir.” Jeonghan forced a smile as he answered his superior. 

 

“How did you get in here? Did you have someone from the higher ups back you up? It’s not easy to get in here from a small university. Coups International Corporation is a well-known company. Every business major dreams of working for one of the top companies in South Korea. To even get a chance to intern here… you must go through the eye of a needle! Your university and connections are crucial points!”

 

As a matter of fact I did… The angel scratched his head and  laughed at his superior. “I suppose I got lucky. sir.” 

 

With his hand on top of his head, a whole lot nearer to the lights, his wedding ring shone, making it noticeable to the superior. Being the talkative and nosy person that he is, Jeonghan’s superior teased. “Ahh, young people these days have it easy in relationships. That’s a couple’s ring, right?”

 

The angel’s face turned red when the people around him turned their heads to his direction. Fortunately, before they could bombard him with questions, Mingyu opened the door to exit the head of finance’s office. He held the door for a bit for the pretty intern. Everyone’s focus has shifted towards the two.

 

“Isn’t that Mr.Kim? He came out of the finance office with Ms.Gwak?”

 

“Yesterday when we were showing the interns the office of the president… didn’t president Choi see us and kind of nodded at her?” (Jeonghan was actually standing behind the woman.)

 

“I knew it! My guts never fail me! As I’ve thought, she is the president’s wife! She’s the prettiest intern we have, she acts so sophisticated too. There’s no doubt, she’s the wife!”

 

“You’re probably right… I mean look at her, she screams rich!”

 

“The president has exceptionally high standards, as expected.”

 

Jeonghan coughed. The president’s wife?! Her?! Jeonghan didn’t like that they were trying to pair his husband with another woman. These--- these people have nothing else to do but create gossip! They have done nothing but talk maliciously about his husband! Out of anger, Jeonghan slammed the table. “What kind of nonsense are you spitting?!” 

 

The crowd went quiet. They were surprised at how exaggerated the intern’s reaction was. “Mr.Choi… you didn’t have to shout.”

 

“I--I’m sorry--- I was just---” No, he can’t tell them the truth. “I’ve seen the president’s wife, and it wasn’t her.”

 

“Wait? You did?! Where?!”

 

“Uh--- in--- in the car… I saw them inside the president’s car.”

 

“Why didn’t you say so earlier?! We’ve been dying to know what she looks like! Well? What’s her hair color? Is she pretty? Is she tall? Tell us!”

 

“Er… I can’t tell...”

 

“Why not?”

 

“The car windows were tinted…”

 

“Mr.Choi if you have nothing to add to our conversation, please keep quiet.”

 

“Yeah! If the car windows were tinted, then there’s no way you would recognize Ms.Gwak.”

 

“I’m telling you it’s not her!”

 

“What are you guys talking about?” Ms.Gwak smiled at the bunch, her eyes shining as if she heard something good.

 

“Oh! N-nothing Ms.Gwak! H-how are you doing today? I hope you’re not having a hard time working!”

 

“I’m managing well, thanks to my supervisor.” She batted her eyes after looking to where his manager was standing, the man scratched his head as he smiled sheepishly at the beautiful woman. Ms.Gwak then pointed to the empty spot next to Jeonghan. “Do your seats also have a loose back? I get anxious resting my back against my chair because I keep thinking I might fall.”

 

The supervisor rushed to the area to inspect the chair for the “president’s wife” and confirmed that the seat does have a loose back. He saw that the angel’s swivel chair was brand new so like the kiss- employee that he is, the superior eyed Jeonghan. “Mr.Choi, since you are a man, please switch chairs with Ms.Gwak. Her back might hurt if she uses this old chair.”

 

A nerve has popped on the side of Jeonghan’s head when he heard the command. This is exactly the reason why he didn’t want to be known as the mafia’s wife. The people in their office have only guessed (WRONGLY at that) who the CEO’s wife is and now they’re here flocking her with attention and treating her completely different from other interns! Jeonghan wants to fight for his chair but he doesn’t want to stir trouble. So instead the angel grit his teeth as he stood up, giving up his chair for the woman. It’s okay Jeonghan, she is a woman. You are a gentleman, you must offer a good seat to any woman. You need to calm down. 

 

When Jeonghan stole a glance, he saw the scheming look of the woman. This cunning fox… she obviously heard them talking! She must be planning to use the gossip to get better treatment! She’s clearly enjoying being pampered by the employees. How shameless! The woman smiled at Jeonghan and even apologized half-heartedly as she sat down on the swivel chair. 

 

Jeonghan’s eyes turned red. He sensed that he’ll be getting into a lot of trouble with the woman later.

 

“Mr.Choi?”

 

“A--- yes Miss A?” The angel’s rising blood pressure took a stop when his attention was called. He looked up to see his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter