[IMPORTANT] QUESTION AND ANSWER ABOUT 'WHAT ARE THE ODDS?' [NOT AN UPDATE]

WHAT ARE THE ODDS?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I really did Jeonghan dirty here 😔😔😔

 

Good day author-nim! Thank you so much for taking the time for this interview. Before we begin, we would like to know, how are you?

 

Ah, good day! It’s truly an honor to be here. And uh, I’ve been well. Thank you for asking. Actually, I’ve just started getting interested in art again so I’ll be adding a some fanart here and there, please anticipate it!

 

That's good to hear and we can’t wait to see your masterpiece! Anywho, let's proceed to the questions, shall we? Author-nim these questions are from your wonderful WAO readers. Allow me to read the first one:

 

"Hey Author-nim! I'm an avid reader of 'What are the odds?' and I've been wondering, why is the organization called Hanahaki? Thank you in advance!"

 

Now that is a good question. Alright, so do you know the mythical disease Hanahaki? It is the kind of disease that a person gets when his love is unrequited. The person who catches this disease will cough up flower petals and his lungs will grow a flower that will eventually stop him from breathing.

Shoving a rose down the target’s throat is actually Mrs. Jang’s, late husband’s M.O. and it reminds her of this disease, hence the name. Also, coincidentially, Mrs. Jang’s first name is Hana, while her husband’s is Haki. Hehehe, despite her attitude, Mrs.Jang is actually quite a romantic.

 

“Author-nim, if granny’s last name is Jang, why are Seung Hyun and Seungcheol’s last name Choi?”

 

Oh right! I was supposed to explain this a few chapters back but I was too caught up with writing the plot that I completely forgot!  Anyway, to answer that, when Mrs. Jang gave birth to Seung-hyun, she and her husband decided to give him Mrs. Jang’s maiden name since her family is dominant and influential in the business world. Her son bearing the name will benefit the boy greatly so they agreed in legally naming him Seung-hyun Choi. Naturally, his son bore his legal last name, Choi.

 

"Lately, you've been adding new characters, author-nim! It gets a bit confusing when there's many people so can you tell us who are the important ones?"

 

Ahhh I’m sorry about that! I totally agree! Even I think I’ve put so many already, but don’t worry! Most of them are just side characters that became instruments in developing the plot! The only characters you have to focus on are: Seungcheol, Jeonghan, Heechul, Seung Hyun, granny, Taeyong and three more that will appear in the next chapters!

 

"Will you introduce more characters, author-nim?"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter