I NOW PRONOUNCE YOU HUSBAND AND PRISONER, YOU MAY NOW KISS YOUR FREEDOM GOODBYE!

WHAT ARE THE ODDS?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm sorry this will be a tinnnnyy bit longer than the previous chapters 😅😅 Hope you guys still enjoy! 💓

 

Okay, so to keep their asses alive, and for the Chois’ shady business to be secured and kept hidden from the authorities, Jeonghan has to marry the boss. Jeonghan, after some thinking had accepted his poor fate. Maybe when God is back in his usual self, he’d rescue Jeonghan out of this marriage and have his father locked down in a mental institution because who supports and lets their son marry a mafia?!

 

But what Jeonghan can’t accept more is the fact that the family prepared a full-blown wedding ceremony in the Choi’s backyard.

 

After the parents were done with their drama, staffs came rushing in the study room and dragged him in a huge, spacious room to prepare him for ‘his wedding.’ In a few hours, he was bathed, dressed, and readied for one of the most questionable things that’s about to happen in his life.

 

“Ah, it’s such a shame that Mr. President is already getting married, I mean a lot of women are smitten by him but now I see why he wants to rush! You are beautiful sir! Everyone would mistake you as a girl!”

 

“....” Jeonghan’s make-up artist who talks like they’ve been friends since kindergarten bat her eyes at the soon-to-be-wife after giving his face a final touch.

 

The woman had been talking non-stop and for a couple of hours of being together, Jeonghan already knows that the woman owns her own chain of beauty salon thanks to his father’s close bond with the elder Choi.

 

Jeonghan only nodded at her and from the way she harshly the brush on Jeonghan’s porcelain skin or the way she bitterly talked, Jeonghan knew that she’s head over heels on the mafia.

 

“---It’s good that the wedding will be held privately because if the public finds out they will not leave you alone! Everyone would want to know how you ended up with President Choi, you’ll be very famous! Ah~ you’re so lucky sir!”

 

Well, Jeonghan admits the man is indeed handsome but good looks and money aren’t everything! The public better find out how he ended up with the mafia and rescue him! Because his father is now dangerously close to the mafia clan, Jeonghan can only rely on the authorities.

 

Is it too late to back out? Can he run away from the ceremony and stay alive? Jeonghan looked away from his reflection and interrupted the woman with a lifeless tone. “If you want, you can take my place instead.”

 

“A-ah?” The woman blinked. She saw how gloomy the man was and she felt embarrassed. This young boss must easily get jealous. Well, who wouldn’t? His groom is the hottest bachelor of the century, everyone would want to have a piece of those thick thighs! Realizing that she had ‘caused’ the boy’s mood to turn blue, she bowed at him (which made the boy look at her in a weird way) and apologized.

 

“I’m sorry sir. I--- I didn’t mean it that way--- I just want to say that a lot of girls envy you for getting married to a rich, handsome man. Usually if a man is rich, he’s not good looking, and when a man is good looking, he’s usually dumb, the president though, he’s hot, rich, and he studied abroad. A man like him has incredibly high standards sir! He’s every woman’s dream guy and to put a ring to a man like Mr. Choi, you must be blessed by heaven!”

 

Blessed? Blessed my ! Getting forcefully married to a criminal isn’t a blessing, it’s a curse! A punishment! Although the woman tried hard to compliment him, Jeonghan’s frown wasn’t fazed.

 

“Oh, you don’t look good sir, you must be very nervous! My mother used to say that a person should exercise his jaws to release tension. How about having a small talk sir? I’m sure after talking you won’t be nervous anymore plus, who knows? We might become good friends too! …Sooooo tell me sir, how did you do it? How did you manage to tie down the president? Did you give him a---” The woman showed an obscene hand signal and it made the angel’s crimson cheeks to turn a shade darker.

 

The woman’s face inched closer and Jeonghan felt more uncomfortable and offended. What does she take him for? Before Jeonghan could shove her back to her place. An arm parted them. The angel traced the owner and it was the Mingyu guy who has been obediently monitoring the two. He was staring darkly at the woman and it scared the angel. If looks could kill, the woman would have been covered with newspaper by now.

 

“Ms. Lee, know that your moves are monitored. The president will not be pleased to hear what you’re doing to Mr. Yoon.”

 

The woman blushed profusely and stepped back. She bowed her head once more and pleaded to the assistant not to tell the boss anything, she also bowed to Jeonghan and apologized before quietly continuing her job.


Jeonghan felt a sense of authority. He was like a celebrity and the beanpole is his manager, always keeping his aggressive fans and the media in order. For the whole two and a half hours they’ve been inside the room, the tall man did nothing but inspect the staffs, ask Jeonghan if he needed anything and text. Is this what it’s like to be rich? God it feels great to be pampered and treated like royalty, is the beanpole his butler now?

 

“Okay, you’re ready to go sir.” The woman’s voice pulled the angel back down on earth.

 

When Jeonghan looked at his reflection, he gasped. His long blond hair braided into a fishtail, a few strands of his hair were beautifully curled making him look like a merman from an anime he had watched before.

 

The make-up artist, although she was a pain in the ear, did a splendid job. She only applied a light blush and eyeshadow which enhanced the feminine features of the angel. His lips were covered with a thin layer of pink strawberry flavored tint and Jeonghan fought his childish heart to some part of it to know if it tastes the way it smelled.


“Can I have a look sir?”

 

Jeonghan turned to the assistant holding his breath. Why does he feel nervous? It’s not like he planned and anticipated this event. Heck--- he wants to run away from the ceremony!

 

The assistant nodded. He’s impressed at the good work of the woman. Mingyu helped the groom to the changing room and when he showed the young boss his suit, his brows furrowed.


“You gotta be kiddi-- is he wearing a pink suit too?” Jeonghan inquired. It’s hard to imagine the jerk in a baby pink suit.

 

The tall man removed the suit from the hanger and gestured the boy to wear them “The president will be wearing a dark blue one, sir.”

 

 

So, this man isn’t just forcing him to get married but he’s also going to let everyone know that he’s the woman in the relationship? Oh, hell no!


Because Jeonghan didn’t budge, the assistant asked: “Do you need help sir?”

 

I’m not wearing that! “I--- I can dress on my own.”

 

Jeonghan begrudgingly took the pair of clothes and stomped into the dressing room. A sigh left his lips when he locked the door. After putting on the suit, he looked at his reflection in front of the big mirror. The angel was surprised to see how the suit fit him. It’s not as bad as he thought. The baby pink color makes his skin glow.

 

“H-Hannie? Can appa see you now?” Came the voice that made the angel’s blood boil immediately.

 

When his son opened the door, Heechul felt his eyes sting. He’s… he’s beautiful. His hair was braided, the light make-up on his face made him look more like a doll, and the pink suit, it made his son look so soft. Everything was great, his son is breathtaking.

 

Heechul had a melancholic smile on his face. The boy really resembles his mother. He was about to reach out his arms for a hug but his sentimental moment was ruined when the ‘groom’ stomped on his right foot. Heechul yelped in pain. “Ah! Hannie why are you so mean? This is not how I raised you!”

 

Jeonghan clicked his tongue. Raise you? Raise you?! The man was never home!

 

Jeonghan couldn't hold his anger anymore as he beat the out of his father “This! This is all your fault! Wait until I tell uncle Leetuk what you did! How dare you sell grandpa’s feather!”

 

“No-- ow! Hannie you can’t! He will kill me! I’m sorry I dragged you in this mess but--- but if you’re worried about the big guy up there getting mad at you for marrying a man, then I’m glad to tell you that he had changed the old rule book, everyone is free to love whoever they want! Love wins! And-- and look on the bright side! We’re rich! And you’re getting married to a fine-looking man!”

 

“You forgot criminal!” Jeonghan hissed, he never thought his dad would be this dense. Jeonghan would want to get married but with the person he loves, not with a cocky criminal!

 

Why can’t they understand this? Marriage isn’t about owning someone, it isn’t about money, it is a sacred ceremony meant for people who are in love! Even though Jeonghan doesn’t know how it feels to be in love, (since he only had crushes because he was too chicken to pursue someone) he had seen it countless times in movies and his friends. With all those in mind, the boy can’t help but be mad at his father and the mafia once again for taking that chance away from him. The angel thought: will he live with the mafia until they die? Can he file a divorce? Can he run away from the ceremony?

 

Thinking of his blurry future, out of anger the boy hit his father on the stomach one last time, this time Heechul rolled on the floor.

 

It was a good thing that the staffs and the assistant left to give them their private moment, it would be a shame if anyone sees him getting beat up by his own son. When his son didn’t budge from where he was standing, Heechul sat on his own. His son had really gotten stronger. He looked at the boy and saw his eyes turn red. How scary!

 

“I spoke to his father! Seungcheol--- he’s actually a good man, son. They might have a big shady business but who doesn’t have dirty secrets? We’ve all done something that we are not proud of but that doesn’t define us as a person! You like watching romantic movies, right? Just--- just think of it this way, just like in cliche dramas, you and he didn’t have a good start but if you give him a chance, who knows-- you might fall in love with him!”

 

“Huh.”

 

Jeonghan rolled his eyes. He’s furious. He can’t take how his father is spewing bull just to force him into marrying the mafia. He stopped himself from throwing punches again since his father is already too old to handle the beating. Jeonghan hates himself for caring too much. If he wants, he can teleport now and just leave his father in the hands of the mafia and let him solve his own problems but no matter how hard he tried to harden his heart, he can never leave his father behind.

 

“Kim Heechul this is the last time I’ll be helping you. After today, if you get yourself tangled in another , I will let you rot in jail.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter