I Don't Want to be an Idol (Chapter 9)

I Don't Want to be an Idol
"Jin are you okay? You don't seem to be concentrating on the song." One of the producers outside told Jin when we were in the studio recording.
 
Yoongi and I looked at Jin. "Are you okay?" I removed the headset and whispered to him. He shrugged and nodded at me.
 
"Sorry about that. Can I go out for a bit?" He requested.
 
"Fine, be here in half an hour so we can finish recording it earlier." The producer answered.
 
Jin quickly went out without looking at us. "What's wrong with him?" I heard Yoongi say under his breathe. "Yane, I'm  just going to the practice room to take a nap."
 
"Sure, I'll see you later," I reply. I didn't know where Jin went but I'm pretty sure he went up the rooftop. My feet took me up the stairs to the roof and true enough I saw Jin sitting on the bench. He seems to be deep in his thoughts so I didn't go near him. I just stayed at the door.
 
After a moment I looked up and he was gone from his sit. I stood up and looked around. "Did you follow me here?" I heard him ask beside me.
I turned around and he was standing there. He smirks and walked towards me.
 
"Are you okay?" I ask.
 
"Are you worried?" He stops walking and put his hands on his pocket.
 
What is wrong with him today? I ask myself. He was acting weird. "Of course I'm worried, are you not feeling well? If so then I can record it with Yoongi first and you can take the day off. I'll tell Producer Kim."
 
"No, I'm fine. There's just a lot of things going in my mind. Sorry about earlier."
 
I shook my head. "I understand that. You don't have to apologize for anything. Are you sure you're okay?"
 
He nodded. "Don't worry. We should go back before Yoongi dies of boredom waiting for us."
**
It was late at night when I heard the phone ringing in the house. I was alone because my uncle went to Japan for business. "Hello?"
 
"Yane, did Taehyung call you today?" My uncle asks.
 
"Taehyung? No, he didn't. Is he okay?"
 
"Namjoon called me, he's not answering his phone and he didn't tell them where he was going when he went out. I just assumed he called you. Can you call back Jin when he calls you? I'll send his number to you."
 
"Sure. I'll try giving him a call. Take care."
 
It was almost 11:30, where could he be?  I dialed his number and after 3 rings he answers. "Noona?"
 
"Yah, where are you? Why are you not answering Namjoon's call?"
 
"Oh, I didn't want them to find me."
 
"Taehyung it's late at night. Where would you go at this time?"
"I'm at Hangang river."
 
"What are you doing there?"
 
"It's been so long since I came here. I can't come here at daytime because people recognize me."
 
I didn't know if I should be angry or feel sorry for him. "I'm going there, wait for me. Text me your location. I'll be there in 15 minutes." I exclaim while I ran to my room to grab a jacket.
 
Taehyung is a very carefree person,  and out of all s and him, I'm worried about him the most because he trusts so easily.
I drove my uncle's car to the park and saw him waving at me when I got out of the car. I could easily tell it was him because of his height. "Did Namjoon hyung call you?"
 
"No, he called my uncle and he called me. What are doing here?"
 
He shrugs and started to walk. I followed behind him. We didn't talk until we reached the bridge. He sat on the grass while he looks at the sky. "It feels peaceful here."
 
I sat beside him. "Are you okay?" He always had this bright aura around him but tonight I felt like he was feeling down.
 
He sat up and put his arms around his knees. We both watched the bridge's water fountain and didn't say anything. "I miss my grandmother." He whispers.
I look at him and I swear he was wiping his tears away. I heard what happened to his grandmother because it was all over the news before.
It must be hard for him because he rarely got to see her before he left him because of how busy they are.
I know how it feels to miss someone because every day I miss my parents so much.
 
I scooted near him and pats his back gently. He started sobbing softly as he leaned on my shoulder. "She's proud of you Taehyung. No matter what, always remember that she will always be proud of you." I whisper to him.
 
To be honest I feel bad for them because they hide in the dark and don't want to show people their vulnerable side. They always have this facade that they show to the public and it's just honestly scary for me.
 
I let him cry his heart out because I wanted him to let it all out. After some time he went back to his bright side. "Thank you noona for being here. I'm sorry if I took so much of your time."
 
"Call me every time you miss grandmother. I'll come with you here."
 
"Really?"
 
I nod.  "But let's call it a night, okay? It really late and we have to go home."
 
"Yes, noona."
 
I didn't want him to ride the bus to go back to their dorm because it was so late and I'm worried about him so I drove him myself.
 
"Thank you again noona. I'll see you around. Oh and before I forget I bought this for you when I was walking the park earlier. PDnim mentioned that his niece loves candles so I thought about you when I saw that."
 
I smile at him when I accepted the bag. "That's thoughtful of you. Thank you. I'll see you and get some rest, okay?"
 
"I will. Bye. Take care noona." He waved before getting out of the car and before going into the dorm.