I Don't Want to be an Idol (Chapter 23)

I Don't Want to be an Idol
After I called my uncle that I'll be staying at Yongguk's house for the night, I hear his phone ring. Himchan is calling him, I didn't know if I should answer or not, but thinking that they might be worried about him, I answered the call.
"Hello?" He must've been surprised when I answered because he didn't speak for a while. "Himchan, this is Yane," I say. I met s just once when Tiffany and I went to their concert one time.
 
"Ayane?"
 
"Yes. Yongguk is having the flu right now so he's resting." I explain.
 
"Oh, we'll go there. We were worried he wasn't answering his phone. Is he okay?"
 
"That's okay. I'll be staying with him until tomorrow, and I hope he will be okay by then."
 
"Oh okay. Thank you for being there for him and we've heard a lot about you. Are you sure you'll be okay there?"
 
"Don't worry, I'll be fine. I'll call you when he wakes up."
 
I look at Yongguk still on the bed. His fever has gone down but he still looks terrible. But I'm glad he ate and had his medicine. I sit on the couch beside his bed and looked outside.
 
I never told Jin that I am close with Yongguk, he must be wondering why I was here but he didn't push to ask me.
 
***
 
YONGGUK'S POV
 
I can feel my headache when I opened my eyes. My throat was terribly dry so I reached out for the bottle of water on the table when I saw Yane on the couch, sleeping.
 
That's right, she's been taking care of me because of this damn flu. I look at the clock and it was already 4 in the afternoon. "Aish." I mumbled in frustration. Out of all the days that I have to be sick, why does it have to be today?
 
 I grab my phone and dialed my manager's number. "Hyung, sorry I was-
 
"Oh Yongguk. I heard you were sick. How are you feeling?" How did he know that? "Himchan told me that you're having the flu. Take the day off and don't worry about the song. You can send that to us when you're feeling fine."
 
"Oh okay. Thank you, hyung."
 
I dialed Himchan's number, "How did you know I was sick?"
 
"I called you earlier when Yane answered your phone. She said you were seriously sick, she even said she'll be staying with you until tomorrow. Why didn't you call us if you were not feeling well?"
 
"I passed out. I didn't even know Yane came here to check on me."
 
"Okay, just take a rest for now and call us if you need something."
 
I was still dizzy but better. My eyes went to Yane, she's still the kind person I knew despite all the tragedies that have happened to her.
 
I walked and laid a blanket over her and went back to bed. After being away from her for a while because of our overseas tour, I was happy seeing that she's doing well. After Tiffany died, she was a mess. She pushed people away from her and built a wall from the outside world.
 
I was so angry at Minhyun at that time and it came to a point that I didn't want to meet him because I was so close in exploding that I might do something to him. I became friends with her because of him, but I knew at that moment that she needed someone. She's a strong person, but sometimes even the strongest person has its limit.
 
Sadly, I wasn't able to be there for her when her parents died. Talking to her on the phone wasn't enough, I was desperate to be there for her but there are some things that I can't do even if I wanted to.
 
"You're awake?" I hear her softly ask and that's when I realized I was looking at her the entire time. "Oppa?"
 
"Uh, yeah." I avoid her eyes.
 
"How are you feeling?" She walked to my bed and placed her hand on my forehead. "Your fever is still high."
 
"But I'm feeling better than this morning. Thank you for stopping by. I don't know what could've happened if you didn't come."
 
She sighs heavily as she sits on the side of the bed. "You called me and then you hung up. And you weren't answering your phone when I was calling you. Of course, I would be worried. Anyway, I asked my uncle for permission to stay here until tomorrow to take good care of you. So you don't a choice even if you want me to go away."
 
I smirk, "Of course, I'd be grateful. But don't blame me if you will be infected with my flu."
 
"Don't worry I rarely get sick so that's not really a problem."
 
I laid and faced the window as she moves back to the couch. It was raining outside so we watch the rain together. Even though I was sick, watching the rain with her made me happy because all the stress that I have been feeling is slowly disappearing.
 
For the first time in a long time, I felt comfortable and so relaxed.