I Don't Want to be an Idol (Chapter 11)

I Don't Want to be an Idol
"Is this the first time you had a scandal like this?" I asked my uncle when we were sitting in the living room.
 
He nods his head. "I don't stop them whatever they want to do on their free times because I also know how much they crave for that. They are still very young and I know people your age sometimes want to go out but I always tell them to be careful. In my eyes, they are considered as normal people, but outside those four walls in my company, they are still idols."
 
He pauses and takes a sip of his tea before continuing. "They've all been very busy lately and I understand how Taehyung feels. Her grandmother's first death anniversary is next week. His close to his grandmother and after her death, he really had a hard time moving on. The other boys have been greatly affected too."
 
I don't know how Taehyung dealt with everything that happened to him but I know how hard it must be. "How did he do it?" I ask.
 
"They were in the middle of a tour when it happened. I myself didn't know how to handle the problem. But he was stronger than I thought, he opened up to his fans and told them what happened and I think that's how he got his strength. A lot of people knew how he felt and at that time of despair, the other boys were always there for him."
 
"I think he just needed someone that night. The way he talked about his grandmother, I can tell he was missing her badly."
 
"And I understand him. When it comes to scandals, the boys never let it affect them. But because you were involved this time, Taehyung have been saying sorry to me every time."
 
I was touched by his consideration of my feelings about the scandal but I never regretted that night. If that will happen again, I will not even hesitate to go for him. "I will release a statement regarding the matter to stop the media from creating more stories so don't worry."
 
I nod. After a while, he went to his room while I stayed in the living room. I was debating if I should call Taehyung or not. In the end, I grab my phone and dialed his number. I was about to turn it off when he answered it. "Noona?"
 
"Hi, uhm sorry for calling this late. I hope I didn't disturb you."
 
"Oh no. We just arrived at the dorm. Are you okay?"
 
"Taehyung, that night, I hope you know that I never regretted going there to meet you. I was even glad that I went there because even for a bit I had a glimpse of your hidden feelings. And I just wanted you to know that I'm not blaming you for the article. I don't care whatever it says as long as we both know we did nothing wrong."
 
I hear him sigh. "Thank you noona. I know you have been avoiding this kind of things and I didn't want to be a burden. I promise I'll be careful next time. And I also want you to know that I don't care about what that article says but I just don't want you to be involved in something like this."
 
"I don't want you to stress too much on this Taehyung. Just know that I will still be here for you."
 
"And we will always be here to protect you."
 
**
 
BigHit Entertainment has finally broke its silence regarding the dating news about one of the BTS members, Kim Taehyung where pictures of him and a girl was leaked in public. There were many speculations that it was indeed him in the pictures.
 
Recently, his company recently released a statement saying, "Hello, this is BigHit Entertainment. Many have been shocked by the news circulating not too long ago about Kim Taehyung. He was indeed the person in the photo along with the girl. Taehyung and her met up that night because he was having a hard time. He was busy preparing for the comeback and as we all know it's almost his grandmother's 1st death anniversary. The girl was someone he was close to as a sister and a friend. There is no romance between the two. I hope this clears up the rumors. Thank you."
 
As to this statement, many of their fans sent condolence letters and showed their love for Kim Taehyung's grandmother for her first death anniversary.
The article was all over the internet. I am still in school when I saw it. When I went to lunch, I heard my phone beep. It was a text from Jin.
 
Jin: Have you read the article?
 
Me: Yes. There were a lot of comments too. Thank my uncle for me if he is with you.
 
Jin: Already did. Good news, the song we recorded is finished. I hope you can come here if you have time to listen to it.
 
Me: On my way.