I Don't Want to be an Idol (Chapter 5)

I Don't Want to be an Idol
We walked around the park still holding hands and I couldn't keep myself calm because I can feel the warmth of his hand on mine.
 
After a while of walking, we passed by a small coffee shop. "Do you want something to drink? I can go and buy one if you don't want to go in."
 
"I'm a normal person tonight, remember?"
 
I shrug and we went inside the shop. Fortunately, it was empty because it was so late at night. "What can I get you?" The person on the counter asks.
 
"Go ahead." He told me.
 
"I'll have a caramel macchiato and can you put more cream on that please."
 
"Make that two." He added.
 
We waited for our drinks and sat by the window. "Thank you for buying my drink. You didn't have to do that."
 
He smiles. "It's the least I can I do. Anyway, can I ask you a personal question?"
 
I sip on my coffee and shrug. "Sure but I'm not sure if I can answer it."
 
"Why are you avoiding us?" I stopped drinking for a moment. "It's something that bothers me, I hope I didn't make this uncomfortable."
 
"Aren't you afraid of being seen by the public with me?" I asked back.
 
He shakes his head. "As long as we're not doing something wrong then no, I'm not afraid."
 
"Good for you and no,  I'm not avoiding you. There are just some things that are out of my league."
 
"What do you mean?"
 
"Honestly? I don't want to involve myself in your world and I'm afraid of being friends with any one of you who fall on that. You're a good person Jin, but as I told you before I don't want to enter in your world."
 
He looks outside and didn't talk for a moment. "Did something happen in my world that made you feel that way."
 
I couldn't answer him. It was a tragic experience and I didn't want to bring it up so instead I just shake my head and said no, thankfully he didn't push the conversation more. "How's your practice?" I ask for changing the topic.
 
"Hard. The choreography is getting harder and harder so I have to work twice as much. It's tiring but thinking about our fans gives me strength and they give me positive comments which also motivates me more."
 
"I'm glad to hear that."
 
"I've been wanting to ask you this before...........you're a fan of us, right?"
 
I laugh. "My uncle is your boss and every single album he produced is in my room, does that answer your question?"
 
"Almost, so whose your favorite between us?"
 
"I'm not answering that question," I said as we both laughed. I had a great time talking to him but I know that this night will never happen again.
**
I pulled my ringing phone doubting if I should answer or not because it's an unregistered number. I put my phone back in my pocket and ignored the call.
 
My class ended early and I was still in my culinary uniform when someone pulled me in the parking lot on my way to the car.
 
"Noona." He whispers. He was wearing a black cap almost covering his face.
 
I pulled my hand back and looks at him clearly. "Noona it's me, Taehyung." He removes his cap and smiles at me. There were no people on the sidewalk which was good because I was afraid someone might recognize him.
 
I pull his cap and returned it to his head. "What are you doing here?"
 
"You're not answering your phone."
 
"You were the one calling me earlier?" I said pulling my phone. 5 missed calls. "How did you get my number?"
 
"PDnim."
 
"Do you have something to do here?"
 
He nods. "I was waiting for you."
 
"Uh...why?"
 
"I didn't have someone to eat with."
 
"You're kidding me, right?"
 
He shakes his head. I was bewildered because of his courage to find me in my school because he didn't have someone to eat with.
I pull him and led him to the car when I saw a group of people coming. "Get in the car," I say as I ran to the driver's seat. "Does my uncle know you're here?"
 
"No, but I told them I'll be going out for a bit. I didn't know your school is just 15 minutes away from the company. I can come here every day to visit you."
 
"No, you won't. We'll be in trouble if someone recognizes you and why did you come here? You could've ordered something to eat at the company."
 
"I wanted to eat with you. I'm sorry if you didn't want to see me here."
 
I sighed. "It's not like that,  I'm just surprised you're here. Okay,  let's go and order food in a restaurant and then we will go back to the company to eat together,  does that work for you?"
 
He smiles and nods his head. "I know a restaurant."
**
"Noona!!" Jimin exclaimed when we entered their practice room. They all stopped what they were doing and turned to me.
 
"Ya! Where have you been?" Yoongi asked Taehyung who was unwrapping the plastic and placing the food on the floor.
 
"I went to wait for noona at her school and we went to buy foods for us all. You're welcome hyung."
 
"How did you go to her school?" Jungkook helped me with the bag I was holding.
 
"I walked. It's just 15 minutes away."
 
I didn't think I'd be returning to this room again with the rest of them but here I was.
 
"Nice seeing you here again," Jin said as he smiles at me.