I Don't Want to be an Idol (Chapter 14)

I Don't Want to be an Idol
For a group of 7 guys living together, their kitchen was unexpectedly tidy and clean. But since I wasn't familiar where to find things, I just walked around the kitchen opening cabinets to find the things that I needed. I was in the middle of making a porridge when I heard Jin cough so I rushed to his side. "Jin, are you okay?"
 
He was breathing hard, he slowly opened his eyes and looks at me. "Yane?" his voice was rough and almost hard to hear. I ran back to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water. "Here, drink this."
 
He clears his throat. "My throat is not in a good condition," he tells me raspily.
 
I place my hand on his forehead, fortunately, his fever has gone down. "I'm making porridge in the kitchen. Get some rest, I'll call you when it's ready. You have to eat something before you drink your medicine."
 
"How did you get here?" he whispers.
 
"My uncle was worried for you because he couldn't contact you earlier so he sent me here."
 
"I'm sorry, I forgot."
 
I smile at him. "Get some rest, Jin."
 
After making the porridge, he came to the table while I was pouring it into a bowl. "Here, porridge is not my specialty but it's easier for you to digest," I say.
He didn't say anything and started to eat. While he was eating, I started to make him ginger tea. My mother always made me one whenever I was sick and even though I didn't really like the taste of it, it was an effective medicine for the throat.
 
I sat in front of him and placed the tea beside the bowl. "It's good for your throat. How is the porridge?" I ask him.
 
"It's really good. You didn't have to cook for me."
 
"Your welcome," I tell him. "You should've had someone drive you here earlier if you were not feeling too well."
 
"I was fine earlier," he replied as he sips on the tea. "But when I got here, I felt terribly sick."
 
He looks terrible too. His eyes were red and puffy, and he looks very pale. I felt bad for him because I know how busy they are and it just pains me to see how they work too hard until their body gives up. "No matter how busy you are, I wish you can also have time to rest, Jin. To all of you."
 
He looks up to me, "Are you worried about us?"
 
"I am," I tell him seriously. "I can't imagine how busy you always are, I just hope you go easy on yourself some time and get some rest."
 
"We do get some rest, I don't know. Sometimes we practice until we can. We want to give our best performance for our fans." he replies.
 
I guess I can understand what he meant. To idols, they treasure their fans the most and they would do anything for them. I was about to say something when my phone rang. It was Taehyung. "You're on speaker," I tell him. "And Jin's okay by the way."
 
"Whoa, he didn't even call us."
 
I laugh softly. "But his body is not really in a good condition," I say.
 
"We're just relieved that you're there with him. It might've been dangerous if he was left at the house alone, so thank you for looking after him. We owe you, noona." He pauses for a bit. "But hyung, please get well soon, we don't want you passing down your flu to us."
 
Jin laughs at his comment, "Then don't think about coming home tonight."
 
I can hear the other boys laughing in the background. "Fine, don't stress noona too much. We will buy some food when we leave here."
 
"Can you also buy some lemons and honey when you a chance?"
 
"Sure. Are you feeling okay?"
 
"It's not for me. Jin's throat is not good, and lemon with honey is good for it"
 
"Ohhhhh!!!" I heard them say, "It's nice of you to take care of him, Yane." Hoseok teased.
 
After the call, I let Jin sleep in his room to be more comfortable. I made sure his fever went down before leaving the room, I went to the kitchen to clean up the mess.
 
After cleaning, I got bored so I went around the living room area. There were pictures of them on the shelves and it made me realize how special their bond was. They are not only a group of 7 guys who sing and dance on the stage but most important, they are a family.
 
There was also a lot of pictures with their friends, but one picture caught my eye. It was Jin with a woman, which I'm guessing is her mother because they looked exactly the same. And beside the frame was another picture, this time just the woman was there. She was blowing a dandelion in her hand, and a quote was written below it.
 
"In a world full of roses, she chose to be a dandelion."