I Don't Want to be an Idol

I Don't Want to be an Idol
"We had a few changes to the song but not that much. But what do you think by singing it with Jin and Yoongi?" I was in my uncle's office and since I agreed to sing the song that I wrote he had been having discussions with the other producers within the arrangement.
 
My eyes widened with what I heard. "Like literally sing with them?"
 
"Yes, well we thought that the song is better for a duet and we added Yoongi because we thought that he can rap the bridge."
 
"They're good singers uncle. I mean I don't mind if they can just have the song."
 
"And so are you Yane and I think this song is meant for the three of you and I want you to be the one singing with them. I already made the arrangements and told the boys about it and they agreed."
 
"I don't really have a choice, do I?"
 
He shrugs and smiles at me. "It's your song Yane and I want you to sing it."
 
It was not in my comfort zone to agree to what he said but a little change might not hurt. "Okay, I'll do it. When's the recording?"
 
"I told them to meet up later. I'll call you when it's time."
 
I nod. "I'll just go out for a bit."
 
"Okay, call you later."
 
I went out and walked past their practice room. The door was slightly open and I could hear music from inside. I peeked in and saw Hoseok dancing in front of the mirror. For some reason, there was something in his dance that made me go in and watch him.
 
I didn't know if he noticed me but I just sat on the farthest corner of the room and continued to watch him. He was really good and at times like this, I wished I was that good at dancing as him.
 
In the middle of the dance, he stopped as he plopped down the floor. I immediately ran towards him. "Are you okay?"
 
He was surprised when he saw me. "Yane,  what are doing here?"
 
"Oh, uhm well the door was open and I heard the music so I came in and saw you practicing so I watched. Did you hurt yourself?"
 
"It's just a light sprain." He answered while holding his ankle.
 
I looked around and found a refrigerator in a corner so I walked to it and fortunately, there is an ice pack inside. I placed it on his ankle. "It will help in the swelling." I sat beside him as he holds the ice pack on his ankle.
 
"Thank you."
 
I smile. "Don't overwork yourself too much. You should rest too."
 
"I don't know, I think I just got used to practicing every day that even if I want to rest I find myself still wanting to practice."
 
"That's tough. You're dancing is really good by the way. Watching you makes me wish that I had a talent for dancing."
 
He smiles. "Everyone can dance Yane. I'll teach you sometime, I'll be your teacher."
 
"That would be fun. How did you start dancing?"
 
He puts the ice pack on the floor and extended both his legs. "Ever since I was young. When I was in high school I joined this dance organization and we performed several times on programs until I developed a deep connection with it and ever since I just know that dancing is my passion."
 
"And you're really good at it and many people are inspired by you. I'm glad you chased your dream and now you're not just a dancer but also a singer."
 
"Honestly, I never really dreamt of being a singer but your uncle helped me a lot and I myself didn't know that I could do more things I didn't  expect that I can do."
 
"You have millions of fans around the globe who admire you Hoseok, I know you endured a lot but you deserve everything you have now."
 
He looks at me. "How did you know I endured a lot?"
 
"Not to use it against you or anything but once in a while my uncle used to share stories of how you all trained before and how hard you all worked so hard."
 
He smiles and looks at our reflection in the mirror. "Thank you. I needed that with all the pressure I'm feeling right now."
 
JIN'S POV
 
I got earlier at the company because PDnim told us to meet him there. I wanted some time so I came earlier to see Hoseok. I went straight up to our practice room. The door was open and I thought of scaring him but I couldn't hear any music but I heard some murmuring.
 
I peeked inside and saw him with Yane. They were both sitting side by side facing the mirror while Hoseok was talking and Yane was intently listening.
I looked away because for some strange reason I think I was feeling jealous.