I Don't Want to be an Idol (Chapter 3)

I Don't Want to be an Idol
"I have to get this call, sorry. Excuse me for a while." My uncle excused himself and went out while answering the phone.
 
I followed my gaze to him because I didn't want to be left alone with the boys but he already went out.
 
The boys were busy goofing around while eating when Taehyung spoke to me. "Can I call you noona?"
 
"Hmm?"
 
"Or am I older than you?"
 
"Uhm, no. I'm older, and you can call me whichever you want. I'm Yane."
 
"I'm Taehyung. You can also call me V but I prefer Taehyung." I nod. "So you're PDnim's niece?" I didn't really want people to know I was his niece, especially in his company. "We saw you at his office the other day and we can't help but ask him." He added.
 
"Yes, I am."
 
"It's nice meeting you. We never knew he has a niece but it's nice knowing he has a family." Hoseok said as they all turned to me.
 
"You're his family too. You practically grew up training in his company."
 
"Do you have plans on being an idol too?" Taehyung asks.
 
I shook my head. I never even thought about being one. My uncle would always tell me to audition in different companies or I will train at his company but just the idea of being one didn't appeal to me. "Oh no. I don't want to be one." All of them turned to look at me. "I didn't mean that as an insult to you." I defended.
 
"No harm was done." Yoongi said.
 
"Can we ask why?" Jimin took the turn to ask.
 
I didn't know if it was right to tell them my reasons because they are idols themselves and I didn't want to insult or hurt them in any way. "Don't worry noona, we can take whatever your answer is," Jungkook added when he sensed what I was thinking.
 
"I honestly don't know how you guys keep up with living as an idol and I respect you for that. I do. Let's just say that a life with no privacy is not for me."
 
"We deal with that every day," Jin said.
 
I nod. "Yes and that's why I respect you for keeping up with the public's eyes. You really do good at what you do, and I hope you will continue inspiring people with your music."
 
"You heard our songs?" Namjoon asks.
 
I stood up and got ready to leave. "I am a fan," I reply as I walked to the door.
 
"Noona,  when are you coming back here? We should all go out sometime." Taehyung exclaims before I could go out. I turn around to them.
 
"I hope you enjoyed the cupcakes and thank you for tonight. Good luck on your comeback, and I hope you'll find time to rest." I paused and sighed. "And,  it was nice meeting you all personally. Bye." I went out and went to my uncle's office.
 
He was still talking with someone on the phone so I went out and went to the rooftop. The rooftop somewhat is my safe haven at the company. "You're not coming back here, are you?" I got startled when I heard someone spoke.
 
Jin was walking towards me with his hands in his pocket. I didn't expect to see him here again. "Is this your last visit here in the company?" He took a seat at the edge of the bench I was sitting in.
 
"This place is not for me, I come here just for my uncle."
 
"Why do I get the feeling that you don't want to get involved with us?"
 
I was surprised he got that so quickly. I never planned meeting them personally, not that I didn't want to. Spending one time with them should also be the last time. "It's not like that."
 
"Then if we invite you to go out some time, would you come?"
 
I look at him. "Honestly?"
 
"Honestly." He replies as I slowly shake my head no. "That's what I thought. Can I ask why?"
 
I sigh deeply. "You're life belongs to the public. Your actions, the things you love,  the things you hate, your hobbies, the things that you do every day. The public knows all of it. My life, on the other hand, is a private matter, and spending time with all of you is like an invitation to the public in my life. I can't risk that." He seemed hurt by what I told him that. "I'm sorry."
 
"Everything you said is right. We tend to do the things our fans want us to do and the most difficult part of that is always showing them our idol image which sometimes overcomes our vulnerable side." He pauses as he unknowingly plays the fidget spinner on his one hand.
 
"Our whole lives, we dedicate ourselves to do things to get people to like us, to love us. I love our fans, but do you think they will still be there supporting us in the future when we want to start something on our own?"
 
I couldn't answer him.