Chapter 28

I Don't Want to be an Idol
YANE'S POV
 
I felt something warm on my hand when I opened my eyes, and I look down to see Jin sleeping on the chair while his hand is on mine. I looked around and realized that I was in the hospital. That's when I remembered what happened last night.
 
But what is Jin doing here? I told Yonnguk not to say to him what happened. But seeing him again made me happy. I squeezed his hand on mine and studied his face. He seemed tired because of the dark circles under his eyes. I don't know what time he came here, but I know for sure that he didn't have any rest.
 
I remove the hoodie that I was wearing and laid on top of his body. After a while, the doctor came in, and I greeted him. "How are you feeling?" he asks softly being careful not to wake Jin up.
 
After the doctor's visit, I learned about my chronic stress and tendencies of anxiety. "Yane, you're building a wall between yourself and your emotions. It's not healthy if you continue doing that because it could turn into severe disease." I looked away from him. "I'll give you medicines that can calm your nerves down because you're starting to have panic attacks."
 
I look at Jin who is still peacefully sleeping. I hope he didn't hear what the doctor has to say. "I think I pushed myself too hard trying to get away from the pain," I tell him.
 
**
 
The past few days after I was released at the hospital, Jin has been exerting so much effort to see me. I liked it, but at the same time, I was worried that he's making too much time for me and losing time to rest. I know he's worried about me, but I also didn't want to take up too much of his time.
 
I stared at the reflection of the moon in the river, when someone handed me a coffee. "Hi."
 
"Namjoon, what are you doing here?" I ask while I receive the coffee.
 
He sits beside me and sips on his coffee. "I like coming here because it helps me when I'm writing songs."
 
I nod. "Can you be honest with me?" I ask him after a moment of silence.
 
"That depends on your question."
 
I sighed before trying to open up to him. "Do you think my relationship with Jin will work?"
 
He briefly looks at me, "Do you doubt your relationship or him?"
 
"No. Of course not. I mean, from his point of view, I think he's sacrificing too much of his time for me. I'm not saying I'm not happy that he does that. It's just that. I feel like I'm more of a burden to him."
 
He smiles and turns away from me. "Do you know what destroys most relationships? Reasons. People make reasons to either stay or walk away from a relationship. Love is fragile, Yane. It's either you take care of it, or you break it. The choice always lies within you."
 
He paused for a moment when the water show started, and we watched it with silence. After a few minutes, the show ended. "Jin hyung never missed anything, be it on practices or recording for shows. Up until now, he is always diligent and does his best for us and our fans. Honestly, before meeting you, he kept a lot by himself. He's the oldest among all of us, and because he was busy taking care of us, he forgot to care for himself. He always puts us first beyond everything. But he changed when he met you. You became one of his top priorities, Yane. You gave him a kind of happiness that we couldn't offer.  Tell me, Yane. Are you happy with him?"
 
"Of course I'm happy with him." I don't have to think twice to answer the question.
 
His dimple appeared when he smiled back. "Then you already know the answer to your question. I can't say that you will not experience hardships because believe me, this isn't even the half of it. It takes two people to tango, and that is the same with working out a relationship."
 
I am glad bumping into Namjoon tonight because I felt better listening to his advice. He was right. I realized that I'm starting to make negative reasons about our relationship.
 
"I heard from Yongguk about what happened the other day about Minhyun. I don't know how you might've felt about that, but I wanted you to know that you can always open up to us. If you want to vent or let out something, we're a call away."
 
I cupped the coffee between my hands and let it warm me. "Thank you, for being there."
 
"And one more thing. It's not your fault. We all have our own ways to cope up with our emotions." He said as he pats my back softly.