I Don't Want to be an Idol (Chapter 24)

I Don't Want to be an Idol
"Hoseok-ah. Have you seen Jin?" The door to his studio was open, so I entered.
 
"Oh, hey Yane. He's upstairs, I think. He went straight there after our practice earlier."
 
"Okay, thank you."
 
I climbed up the rooftop, and just as Hoseok said, he was sitting there alone. I clear my throat to get his attention, and I succeeded. "Hi."
 
"Yane! Hey, what are you doing here?" He stood up upon seeing me.
 
"I came to see you. What are you doing here alone?" I motioned for him to sit. He scooted so I sat beside him. "Are you okay?"
 
He nods. "I'm okay. How about you?"
 
"I'm great," I pause and tried to find the courage to tell him what I'm really doing here. I faced him and put my hand on one of his as he looks at me. "Listen, I wanted to apologize for not keeping my promise the other day. It's your only day off, and I know we haven't spent much time together and I felt terrible-
 
He stops me while smiling, "Yane, you helped your friend because he was sick and that's more important. Did you think I was mad because of that?"
 
"No, of course not. I just think you deserved an explanation. Yongguk had the flu, and I thought he would be okay after a while, but he didn't, so I stayed with him since he is alone. And I'm sorry for worrying you."
 
He pulled me closer and put his one arm around my shoulder. "I understand. You didn't have to explain anything to me, Yane. Anyway, I'm glad you're here, you're enough for me." he said tightening his arm around me.
 
"How did you become so cheesy?" I poke him around the waist as he pinched my cheek in return.
 
We stayed on the rooftop for a while before deciding to go down. Jin went at the recording studio while I went to my uncle's office. Namjoon was there when I entered. "Hi." I greeted.
 
"Great timing, Yane. Since you're already here, I'm just going to ask you directly." Namjoon faced me."What is it?"
 
"I have a proposal to make. We loved the song that you wrote before, so I'm thinking, did you want to write a song with me?"
 
I didn't know if he was joking or not but I didn't take him seriously. "Thank you for the offer, Namjoon." I chuckle.
 
"I'm serious." He didn't take away his gaze from me. I look at my uncle, and he shrugs at me.
 
"Do you have any time to rest at all? You just came back from your world tour."
 
"I've had enough rest already. So what do you say?"
 
"Namjoon, you're a good writer. I don't want to mess it up."
 
"I'll take that as a yes. I know you're busy with other things, so you can come here whenever you're not busy, okay? Thank you."

He left before I could say a word. "He's not serious, is he?" I ask my uncle.
 
He chuckles, "Oh, believe me, Yane. He is serious. I didn't tell you this, but after you recorded the song he's been asking me if you could help him write a song. Why don't you give him a chance?  You both have your styles of writing, and I know it will work well. Anyway, your graduation is a few days away, what do you think about working here full time?"
 
"Uncle, I'm a culinary graduate in a few days. It's not my field of study."
 
"But you're good at it."
 
"Thank you for the offer," I said before exiting. Then I met Taehyung, Jungkook, and Jimin in the hallway going to the practice room.
 
"Noona!!" They exclaim, so I waved at them. "You're just on time. We bought snacks. Want to join us?" Taehyung asks, but he didn't let me answer. Instead, he pulls me into the practice room.
 
**
After the graduation program at school, my uncle reserved a restaurant for us to celebrate. When we got there, a picture of me was hanging on the wall. There were also a lot of foods laid on the table. "Did you prepare all this?" I ask my uncle. I was expecting a table for just the two of us, but by the looks of it, I think he invited more people.
 
"Nope, they did."
 
"Congratulations to you, congratulations to you. Congratulations dear Yane, happy graduation to you!" Jin was holding the cake as they sang me the song. Even Yongguk was there.
 
"Blow the candle, noona," Jimin said.
 
I did what Jimin said, and they all cheered. "Thank you for being here. I know you're all busy, so it means a lot to me that you are here."
 
It was a great time having all my close friends with me, and it felt good because I felt like I have a family.
 
**
"Hello?" It was an unregistered number, but I answered it nonetheless.
 
"Yane." It was the last voice I wanted to hear. "Don't hang up. I want to say something."
 
"We don't have anything to talk about, Minhyun. I don't want you calling me again."
 
"It's about Tiffany."
 
"What about her?"
 
"I'm here at the coffee shop we used to hang out together. This is important."
 
I had no plans in meeting him at all, but I was concerned that he mentioned Tiffany, so I decided to meet him.
 
"Thank you for coming."
 
I sat in front of him. "I'm here because you mentioned Tiffany. So tell me whatever you want because I have things to do." He just stared at me for a moment and didn't talk. "If you're just going to  stare at me, then I'm leaving." I stood up, but he quickly grabs my wrist.
 
"Yane, don't go." he almost begged me, so I sit back down. "I got this letter yesterday from the mail," he said showing me an envelope.
 
It was Tiffany's handwriting.