I Don't Want to be an Idol (Chapter 22)

I Don't Want to be an Idol
Jin told me that they were going to a fan meeting that morning, so I wanted to surprise them after they were done. I made some churros and bought coffee and waited in the car for them to finish their schedule.
 
After making sure that the fan meeting was done, I quietly sneaked in their waiting room and laid all the snacks on the table and hid in the other room.
 
"I'm sleepy." I heard Yoongi say as they entered the room. "Oh! Are these for us?"
 
One of their managers replied yes. "Did you buy it for us?" Namjoon asks.
 
"A fan made it for you."
 
"I'm 100% sure the fan you're talking about is Yane, right?" I was shocked to hear Jin say. How did he know it was me? "Is she here?" he added.
 
Their manager didn't answer so I went out of the room. "Hi!" I greeted. I see Jin smile.
 
"Was it really you who prepared for these?" Namjoon asks me.
 
"I was going to surprise you but Jin messed it up. How did you know it was me?"
 
"That's right? Did you see her come in?" Jimin turned to Jin.
 
Jin laughed and looks at them. "The churros you're eating, she made them," he answered.
 
My eyes widened. I didn't tell him about anything for today, I didn't know how he guessed that. He looks and winks at me. "How did you know that?"
 
"Ah!!!" Jungkook exclaimed. "PD-nim gave us churros one time. He said you made them, and it tastes exactly the same."
 
"Bingo!!" Jin high fived Jungkook as they continued to eat their food.
 
"Does it taste weird?" I ask.
 
"Of course not, noona. We were asking PD-nim to bring us again next time and we didn't know it would be today. Thank you for preparing it for us."
 
"It's really good. We didn't know you can do surprise events like this, noona. Hyung was saying he misses you the whole day." Taehyung looks at Jin and back to me. I know that I blushed. This is the first time seeing them after Jin told them about us. "We're happy for the both of you, by the way," he whispers next to me.
 
Jin sat next to me and handed me a coffee. "Thank you for taking the time to do all these despite your busy schedule."
 
"At least I can do this for you. How was the fan meeting?"
 
"We all feel good after meeting our fans. They gave us a lot of energy."
 
Now that I realized it, I didn't know how Tiffany and Minhyun went out together on their dates. Of course, I wanted to experience a lot of normal couples do like watching movies together or simply going out for a walk. But I know we can't do that.
 
I knew the obstacles when we started dating and now the least that I can do is to support him all the way.
 
"Oh, before I forget. PD-nim told us to rest tomorrow so we're planning to go to the beach. Come with us, Yane."
 
I nod as he squeezes my hand.
***
The next day I received a call from Yongguk when I was getting ready to go out with the guys. "Oppa, are you okay?" I asked because his voice was groggy and he was mumbling something I couldn't understand.
 
"Yane," He says faintly and his phone turned off.
 
"Hello? Oppa?" I dialed his number for a few times but it was unattended.
 
I took a few things that I will be using at the beach and ran out to the garage. I was planning on stopping by at Yonnguk's house before meeting the guys at the company.
 
His house is like a second home to me because we used to spend it there with Tiffany and Minhyun. When I arrived there he was not answering the door so I put in the passcode and entered. "Oppa?" I exclaimed trying to look for him. "Is he not here?" I say to myself.
 
Finally, I went to his room and saw him on the floor. He was sweating a lot and a broken glass was scattered on the floor. "Oh gosh!" I ran to help him when I touched his skin, it was burning hot. I nudge him and try to wake him up but he was not responding.
 
With no other choice, I used all my strength to put him in his bed. I hurriedly sweep the broken glass and ran to the comfort room to get a towel.
 
I wiped his face with cold water but his body is shaking so I took off his shirt and put a new one. "It's cold," he mumbled as I felt his cold hand on my elbow.
 
"Oppa, can you hear me?" I slowly pat him on the shoulder and finally, he opened his eyes.
 
"Yane?" He blinked for a few times and coughed. "Why are you here?" he can barely speak of his throat was so dry.
 
"Drink this." I help him sit up.
 
His eyes were red and he continued to cough. My guess is that he has flu. He can barely sit on his own. "Oppa, I'll go make something to eat, okay? Rest for a while, I'll wake you up when it's ready."
 
When my father was having the flu before, my mother taught me how to cure it. I'm so thankful for her lesson right now.
 
I made chicken soup and went back to his room with a bowl of it. He was sitting when I went it in. I can tell he had no strength at all. "You need to eat this so you can have your medicine."
 
He ate it all without complaining. After he took his medicine, I decided to stay with for the day. I can't leave him alone.
 
I went to the living room and was surprised to see 3 missed calls from Jin. I was supposed to meet the half an hour ago. I dialed his number back and on the first ring, he answered. "Yane! Are you okay?" I can sense the worry in his voice and it made me guilty because we were supposed to go out today.
 
"Yes, I'm sorry for not calling you earlier."
 
He sighed softly. "I thought something happened to you. Thank God you're okay. Where are you?"
 
"Jin, I cannot go out today. I was getting ready to meet you there when Yongguk called me. He's having the flu right now and I can't leave him like this. I'm really sorry about this." I wanted so badly to go out with him but Yongguk needed me here.