(Chapter 26)

I Don't Want to be an Idol
JIN'S POV
 
"Hyung, PD-nim wants to see you now," Taehyung said when he entered the practice room. "He seems troubled," he added.
 
I sighed and looked back at my phone. Still no text or call from Yane. I wondered if something happened to her. It's been a week, and she didn't answer my calls or texts, and it worried me. "Hyung, if this is troubling you, you should ask PD-nim about her. Maybe something happened." Hoseok said on the corner. I nod and make my way to his office.
 
I knock three times before opening the door. "You wanted to see me?"
 
He motioned me to sit. "Jin, I won't make this long. I don't want to mix your private life with work. Did something happen between you and Yane?" He seemed concerned, and it bothered me. "I don't want to make this uncomfortable with you. It's just that, Yane is not herself. She's not eating her meal. She's locking herself up in her room. She's not going out. Did you two broke up?"
 
"What? No! No, we didn't. I haven't heard from her in a week now. I tried calling and texting her, but she's not answering back. Nothing happened, and I'm honestly worried that something might have happened to her."
 
"So you didn't talk to her for a week?"
 
I nod. "I'm worried about her PD-nim." Yane is not the type to disappear on someone. Did something happen that we didn't know about? Even her uncle is worried about her, and we all have no idea what she's going through. "When did this start?" I ask.
 
"I remember she said she's going to meet Minhyun last Friday. I wasn't there when she went back home, but Yongguk called me that he dropped Yane home. It started after that day. When I asked if she were okay she would nod and go back to her room."
 
"Why would she meet Minhyun?" I ask, but it hit me that Yongguk knew something was wrong. I know Yane told me he's a special friend but I can't help but get jealous of him. "So Yongguk must know something."
 
"Yane said they have something to talk about when she went out. And I called Yongguk the other day. He said to give Yane time. I thought you two broke up when I heard that. What happened then?" The question wasn't directed at me. "This might have something to do with Minhyun."
 
"PD-nim," Namjoon interrupted us. "Yongguk is here."
 
I stood up when I saw Yongguk come in. He smiled at me and bowed to PD-nim. "I'm sorry to come here unannounced."
 
"That's okay. Have a sit. What brings you here?"
 
Namjoon sat on the sofa as we waited for his answer. "Yane," he said.
 
"What happened that day, Yongguk? She's a mess right now, and none of us have any idea what she's going through."
 
Yongguk reached into his pocket and laid a folded paper on the table. "That is Tiffany's writing. She sent that to Minhyun dated last Friday. He might've been surprised by the letter, so he called Yane to read it for him. But that letter contains so much more than what we're expecting."
 
I unfolded the letter and began to read it. We took turns to read the message, and it made us more confused. "So Tiffany knew that Minhyun was cheating on her when they were still dating?" Namjoon asked.
 
"It's worse than that." he paused. "Yane, she's the girl in the letter."
 
We all looked at each other in disbelief. "I'm sorry, what did you say?" I ask him again.
 
"Tiffany knew Minhyun was in love with Yane. And just in the letter, she told him how she couldn't hate the girl because she's her best friend. Minhyun confessed to her last Friday. I don't know what happened after that, but Minhyun called me and told me everything. Knowing Yane, I knew she went to Tiffany's cemetery. After knowing the truth, she's blaming herself now for Tiffany's death."
 
Pd-nim, Namjoon and I look at each other, and no one talked for a moment. I can understand what Yane is feeling. It must be painful for her to know the truth that is kept for years. "I know it's not my place to tell you this, but we are all worried for her. Yane doesn't want people to see that she's having a hard time, so she'd rather keep everything to herself."
 
"She does. It's a messed up situation, and I know she won't easily open up to us." Pd-nim said while I excused myself and went to the rooftop.
 
***
 
YANE'S POV
 
"You're up." Jin greeted me in the kitchen when I went there after waking up.
 
"Jin, what are you doing here?" I was surprised to see him in the house. I poke him to make sure he's real.
 
"I'm real Yane." he smiled and motioned me to sit. "I made you breakfast."
 
"Where is my uncle?"
 
"Why? Are you scared of being alone here with me?" he winks as he leans closer to me on the table.
 
I take one of the French bread and put it in his mouth. "I'm not scared," I answer him.
 
He takes my hand and kisses it before I could pull away. "You're uncle is at the office. Don't worry, I asked for permission before coming here."
 
Jin being here made me feel much better. We ate breakfast together and even cleaned after. After a quick shower, I went back to the living room and found him sleeping on the sofa. I sat in front of him and stared at his face. I put my hand on his cheeks, "I'm sorry for not answering your calls, Jin. You must've been worried." I whisper.
 
He held my hand suddenly and opened his eyes. We stare at each other for a moment. "How are you, Yane?" I can see the concern in his eyes when he asked me that. He stands up still holding my hand and gave me a tight hug. "I'm here for you, Yane," he whispers to my ear.