I Don't Want to be an Idol (Chapter 18)

I Don't Want to be an Idol
I jumped out of bed when I looked at the clock in my room. It was 12:30 in the afternoon. I stayed up pretty much late last night because I lost track of time while reading.
 
I went downstairs to have my brunch when my phone rang. "Hello?"
 
"Yane, I didn't want to wake you up earlier. The boys arrived here earlier this morning so I went to the airport. Jin said he texted you but you didn't reply."
 
"I'm sorry, I just woke up. I've been up to the whole night reading. I haven't seen the message yet. How are they?"
 
"That's okay. I drove them straight to their dorm. They wanted to see you though but I told them to take a rest. Anyway, do you have plans for today?"
 
"No."
 
"I forgot a brown envelope on top of the table in living area earlier. Would you be a good niece and bring it here?"
 
I chuckle. "I guess you're getting older. You're starting to forget things, uncle. I'll be there in an hour."
 
"Thanks, dear."
 
I took a quick shower and get ready as fast as I can. I also stopped to get coffee for my uncle before going straight to the company.
 
 I knocked when I was outside his office but he was not answering so I opened the door. No one was there. "Where is he?" I ask myself. I sat and wait for him but after 15 minutes he's still not showing up so I tried dialing his phone but to my luck, he's not answering.
 
I was walking down the hall on my way to one of the producer's office when Namjoon suddenly came out. "Yane! Hi, it's nice seeing you." He gives me a hug upon seeing me.
 
I patted his back. "Namjoon! It's good to see you. But what are you doing here instead of resting?"
 
He shrugs. "I took a nap when we arrived and I got bored so I came here. You?"
 
"Oh, my uncle left something so I have to bring it here. He's not in his office so I just left a note for him."
 
"Well, I'm about to go back home. Do you want to come along? I'm sure PD-nim wouldn't mind."
 
I hesitated. I did want to see all of them but they just came back. "You deserve time to rest, Namjoon. I don't want to bother you guys-
 
"Don't worry. The guys will thank me if I bring you there. We all missed you and you're safe there if that's what you're worried about."
 
In the end, I went with him. It's my first time going to their dorm and I'm excited and worried at the same time. "So how was your concert?"
 
"It was really fun. Meeting our fans have been really exciting although we were all exhausted, our fans gave us the strength. Some of them even learned our language so they can understand us well, which was touching."
 
"What was your favorite part of the tour?"
 
"Aside from seeing and communicating with our fans, well I have this one thing that I won't forget that happened in every city that we held our concert. Our fans memorized all of our songs and we were all surprised. My favorite part of the tour was when they sang our songs with us. I know the struggle of learning another language and maybe that's why I was so touched."
 
I smile. "I'm really glad you had a great time there. I'm sure you're fans think the same as you. You give each other strength and that's really admirable."
 
After a while, we arrived at their dorm. "Relax, it's just the seven of us here."
 
I start to play with my bracelet when we were in the elevator going up. It's been more than 3 months since I last saw them and for whatever reason I was nervous.
 
"Yane? It is you!" Hoseok exclaimed when I went in. He was the first I saw because he was sitting in the living room. We hug each other, "I didn't know you were coming."
 
I missed Hoseok's bright personality and I couldn't help but hug him once more. "I bumped into Namjoon at the company earlier and he invited me to come here. I didn't want to disturb your rest but he didn't give me a choice."
 
"Glad he didn't. We've been talking about seeing you later this afternoon but Namjoon did a good job in bringing you here. Have a sit."
 
Their dorm was spacious and clean. Several pictures of them together were posted on the wall. Some were from a vacation, some were on the stage when they are performing and some were from award shows. "Ayane."
 
"Jin." I stood there for a moment and looked at him. I'm glad he was okay even after injuring himself. "You're okay."
 
He ran towards me and I did the same. His hug was tight, "I missed you, Yane. So much."