I Don't Want to be an Idol (Chapter 17)

I Don't Want to be an Idol
"Can I talk to him?" I heard my uncle say when I got in the house. He was sitting in the living room talking someone over the phone. "How did you hurt yourself?"
 
I stopped behind him, did someone got hurt? "Jin, be careful next time. I don't want you hurting yourself again. If that gets serious go to the hospital and let it be checked, okay?"
 
I started to worry when I heard his name. Did he hurt himself? It's been a month and a half since I last saw them and I talked to Jin last night but he didn't mention about getting himself hurt. "Is Jin okay?" I ask him when he was done on the phone.
 
"He sprained his ankle while performing."
 
"Is it serious?"
 
"Hopefully not, their manager called a private doctor to see him because of the swelling. Anyway, I'm going to the office, do you want something when I return?"
 
I shook my head. "No thank you. Be careful."
 
"I will."
 
When I was left alone I still couldn't stop thinking about Jin. I pulled my phone in my pocket and dialed his number. Usually, he was the one calling me first because the overseas call is very expensive and he didn't want me to be charged that high. But I didn't care, I just wanted to know if he is alright.
 
"Hello?" I recognized Yoongi's voice on the other side.
 
"Uh, hello. Yoongi, this is Yane. Is Jin there?"
 
"Oh hi. Just a second, I'll go get him, okay?"
 
After a while, I heard his voice. "Yane?"
 
"Hi, yeah it's me."
 
"Is everything okay?"
 
I sighed heavily. "I heard you sprained your ankle and it's pretty serious?"
 
There was a long pause before he answered. "Uhm, yeah. I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I didn't want you to worry."
 
"Jin, it makes me more worried when I hear it from other people. How are you doing? Can you walk?"
 
"I know, I'm sorry. I'm okay but they put a cast on my ankle so it can heal faster for our next concert the day after tomorrow."
 
This is one of the moments I wished he wasn't an idol because it makes me more worried about the fact that he will perform with a hurt foot. "I know you're worried, Yane, but I will be fine. I'm Kim Seokjin, nothing beats me down especially a sprained ankle."
 
I didn't like his sarcasm, I'm more worried about him than the performance. What if it gets worst after the performance?  But even though both of us confessed that we liked each other, I still didn't have the right to tell him what to do. "Yane, are you there?"
 
"Hmm," I mumbled.
 
"Don't worry about me, I've been through worst. When I go home next month, I promise you I will be fine. And I can't wait to see you."
 
"Well, I hope you don't hurt yourself again. Regards to every-
 
"Noona?" I didn't finish my sentence when I heard Taehyung's voice.
 
"Yah! I'm still talking to her." I can hear Jin in the background.
 
"Ahh, it's been a long time since I talked to her." He answered his hyung and back to me. "How are you, noona?"
 
Hearing his cheerful voice, I couldn't help but smile. "I'm okay. How are you guys there? I hope you're all eating well."
 
"We are, but Jin hyung sprained his ankle so we are all worried. I hope he will be fine with our next performance. But anyway, we've met a lot of fans during our time here and I still can't believe that there are a lot of people who are supporting us in this foreign country. I wish we could communicate with them more." I can hear his excitement while he was telling the story and I know they are having fun spending time with their fans.
 
"That's good to hear, Taehyung. But don't forget to always be careful, okay? At the end of the day, your health is still the most important."
 
"Don't worry, noona, we will. We're excited to see next month until then you should also take good care of your health and regards to PD-nim from all of us here."
 
"I miss you all too. I'll see you very soon."
 
I don't know what kind of relationship is waiting for Jin and me when they come back. I promised myself that I will not date anyone especially an idol but I couldn't help myself but fall for one.
 
I always ask myself if he is worth the risk, because, at the end of the day, he's not just a regular person.