I Don't Want to be an Idol (Chapter 1)

I Don't Want to be an Idol
"Welcome home Yane."
 
My uncle said as we entered his house. I laid my bag on the floor and looked around. The house was big and clean, it's been years when I last visited here with my parents. "I prepared your room and please feel at home. Tell me if there will be things that you need."
 
Uncle Bang Si Hyuk is now the only family I had left. After my parent's accident, he convinced me to move to his house. He is my mother's brother and growing up, he was the only uncle I am close with. "Are you okay?"
 
I nodded. "This place didn't change much the last time we came here."
 
He showed me my room and I unpacked my bags. I am still in shock after my parent's death and I'm glad my uncle is always there for me. Even though I know how busy he is with his company,  I was very thankful that he took the time to mourn with me. "Do you want to go out to eat later?" He asks.
 
I smiled and nodded. "Sure. And thank you for being there."
 
He walked towards me and gave me a hug. "It's you and me against the world Yane."
**
"Is it okay if we stop by the company for a while?" He asks when we finished our dinner.
 
"I don't mind. It's still early so that's fine with me." The reason I rarely spend my time with him before is that of his popularity. He is a CEO of an entertainment company and of course there was a lot of media surrounding him.
 
"Do you want to come in? Don't worry,  it's safe inside and no paparazzi."
 
I shrug. "Yeah, sure." It was my first time coming here so I didn't really know the place.
 
I followed him to his office,  while he was on his urgent meeting with his staffs I just looked around his office. There were a lot of trophies for BTS displayed in a glass cabinet.
 
They were literally his sons. He would talk about them when he visits us and he was very proud of how long they have achieved.
I am a big fan of their songs because my uncle would bring home some of their albums and I listen to them quite often.
 
I got startled when I heard a knock. I don't know if I should open or just wait for it to go away. I am the only one in the office since my uncle is in a meeting in the other room. I chose not to answer the door.
 
"PD -nim." I recognized Namjoon when he peeked and looked inside letting himself in.
 
"He's in a meeting," I answer.
 
"Oh, uhm he told me to come here and wait for him."
 
"Oh." I stood up from the couch and motioned him to sit. It was honestly awkward. I didn't know if I should introduce myself to him.
He smiled at me and I did the same. Then the door opened and one by one the members came in. I was so overwhelmed because we were all in the same room and that just made it more awkward.
 
They kept on looking at each other and back to me. They must be wondering who I was. I was ready to excuse myself and go out when the door opened and my uncle came in.
 
I breathed in relief. "What are you guys doing here?" He was surprised to see them, he looks at me at the corner.
 
"You sent me a message," Namjoon replies.
 
"I didn't."
 
Namjoon brought out his phone and showed him the text message.
 
"Oh,  my bad. I sent that to the staff,  I might've added you to the list. Sorry about that,  but since you are all here, how's the preparation for your comeback?" He went to his table and sat as the boys stood in front of him.
 
I didn't know if I was supposed to hear their conversation. I cleared my throat and everyone looked at me. "Uhm,  I uh,  excuse me." I said awkwardly and went out.
 
The hallway was empty so I went around the place and I found myself going to the rooftop. The wind was chilly and it was almost dark. The place was pretty much empty except for the plants on each corner and some benches.
 
I sat on one and brought out my phone. I went to some of the condolence messages of some of my friends and my parent's friends but I couldn't finish reading all of them because it still hurts.
 
I looked up the sky, "I miss you both." I whispered, and I couldn't help but cry. I tried to act fine in front of people, but whenever I'm alone, I always think of them.
 
"Rough day?" I heard someone say so I quickly wiped my tears away. "Sorry. I uh, didn't know you're here." I turned to see Jin. I believe he's the oldest in his group.
 
I stood up. "That's fine." I walked to the door, but before I could go down, he spoke.
 
"It will be fine."
 
I turned to him. "Sorry?"
 
He smiles. "Whatever you're going through, eventually you'll be fine."
 
For all what's worth, hearing him say that,  it comforted me in some way.