I Don't Want to be an Idol (Chapter 10)

I Don't Want to be an Idol
When I got home I just remembered that I didn't call Jin when I was with Taehyung. My uncle texted his number so I saved it and texted him.
 
Jin, it's Yane. I dropped Taehyung to your dorm earlier. Sorry I forgot to text you, he was at the park and I think he went there to clear off his mind so be easy on him.
 
After a few minutes, I heard my phone ring. It was Jin.
 
"Hello?"
 
"Yane,  it's Jin. Thanks for dropping Taehyung home. We owe you big time."
 
"Your welcome. I can't make him ride the bus alone especially this late."
 
I heard him laugh. "Yes, he's so bad at directions. Thank you again. And sorry about today at the studio, I was a little off when we were recording."
 
"Oh, that's fine. Don't worry about it. We still have time to record it and I understand. You don't have to apologize."
 
"I'll see you then?"
 
"Yeah. Bye."
 
**
"Yane! Have you seen the articles?" My uncle called while I was on my way home one afternoon.
 
"What article?"
 
"Can you come to the company real quick?"
 
"Did something happen?"
 
"Yes. You won't like this."
 
"I'll be there." I made a U-turn and went straight at the company. I didn't know what happened but judging by my uncle's voice,  it was serious.
I parked the car in the basement and went up to his office. I didn't bother knocking and when I entered the office all of the boys were there. They were standing in a line while my uncle was leaning against his table. "Is this a bad time?" I ask.
 
"Noona," Taehyung said. He was not his usual self, something was definitely off.
 
I look at my uncle as he pulled his tablet on the table and gave it to me. I took it and saw bold letters in the headline on the article.
 
BTS member V spotted to be having an intimate relationship.
 
I scrolled down to read the whole article.
 
A picture of Kim Taehyung, also known as V,  a member of the group BTS resurfaced on the internet this morning. He was seen to be having an intimate relationship with someone along Han River one night. As shown in the picture, the girl has her arms around him while he was leaning on her shoulders.
 
The picture wasn't that clear because it was taken during the night. But what shocked me more was the fact that I was the girl mentioned in the article. "An intimate relationship?" I mumbled.
 
His company still didn't release a statement regarding the situation and many of the fans are debating that V may or may not be the person in the picture.
 
I sighed and put down the tablet. I seriously didn't know how to react. I will not deny that it was us on the picture but to say that we were in an intimate relationship was out of the line. "Was that you on the picture?" My uncle asked.
 
"PDnim, I'm really sorry about this. It was the time that I went out without permission from my hyungs. I'm sorry, nothing like this would've happened if I didn't go out that night." Taehyung moved forward as he bowed to my uncle.
 
I stood beside him. "We did nothing wrong. Yes, that was me on the picture, and I did meet him there. Taehyung has nothing to do with this. He just went there to clear off his head, we didn't know someone would make a big deal out of it."
 
"I understand that. I'm not blaming anyone on this because none of it was your fault. This the reason why I always tell you guys to be careful when you go out because there are eyes everywhere. You might think that you're not doing something wrong but in some people's eyes, it's a whole different story. Why are you hugging him in the picture anyway?"
 
Taehyung and I looked at each other and he looked back to my uncle. "I went out that night because I missed my grandmother. She always loved going to Han river,  that's the only place I have memories of her here in Seoul." He looks down. I patted his back and gave him a smile.
 
"I was there for him because he was having a hard time. And if being there for someone means having an intimate relationship then I don't know what kind of world we live in."
 
"PDnim." Namjoon steps forward. "I'm sorry if this caused you trouble. We will solve this the right way. We've got nothing to hide because we did nothing wrong."