I Don't Want to be an Idol (Chapter 7)

I Don't Want to be an Idol
He lets go of my hand when we arrived at the roof deck. I walked towards the edge of the building but he quickly followed me and grabs my hand. "What are you doing?"
 
I chuckle. "Don't worry I'm not gonna jump."
 
He throws both his hands in the air. "Just being safe."
 
I sat on the edge and stared at the cars below. "You're not scared of heights, are you?" I turned to him to ask.
 
He didn't answer but he came and sat beside me. "It's not my first time sitting here so no I'm not scared."
 
I nod. My mind went back to seeing Minhyun earlier. He's the last person I'd ever want to see. We used to be friends before but after what he did to Tiffany he became the person I hated the most.
 
Jin cleared his throat bringing me back to reality. "Do you know how NASA organize a party?" I look at him.  "They planet."
 
It took a moment for me to get he was telling a joke so my reaction was late. "I was wondering why were you talking about NASA for a moment. But that was a good one." I said still laughing.
 
"Oh, I have more up on my sleeve. Do you know what is an atoms favorite pick up line?" I shake my head no. "I got my ion you."
 
I laughed harder. "That's one corny pickup line."
 
"At least you laughed." He replied.
 
Indeed I did. It was the first time I laughed this hard after my parent's death. "Thank you for saving me down there," I said talking about what happened to Minhyun.
 
"We've been friends for a couple of years and I have never seen him act like that."
 
I sighed. "He....uh.....he used to date my best friend before." I start telling.
 
"Minhyun?"
 
I nod. "Tiffany was a trainee at their company while he already debuted. They got close because of practice and everything which led their friendship to another level. Tiffany fell for him hard and she would always talk to me about how amazing he was."
 
I recalled how Tiffany would call me in the middle of the night just to talk about Minhyun. "She was so happy whenever she talks about him and I tried warning her about falling for him but she said she was contented looking after him from afar." I looked up the sky and the stars were beautifully twinkling. "Then little did we know Minhyun also fell for her at least that's what I knew. Minhyun is an idol and dating an idol has a lot of disadvantages, so they tried to hide their relationship from everyone for a year. I was against their relationship at first but seeing how Tiffany happy I didn't want to destroy that."
 
"Then the moment I was scared of happened. Photos of them leaked in public and eventually, the company found out about their relationship. They got angry with Tiffany and kicked her out of the company. And then Minhyun denied their relationship in public saying he didn't know her, that she was just a girl he knew from a mutual friend."
 
"I remember that scandal with Minhyun and I did saw the pictures," Jin says.
 
I nod. "Tiffany didn't mind him denying their relationship but to tell them he didn't know her is what got to her. After a while, netizens found out Tiffany and knew she was a trainee at the same company and she had a lot of bashing online. She couldn't even go out."
 
I was there for her when she needed someone and up until now I still remember how hurt she was. "She usually had a bright personality,  but after everything happened she lost all hope and the desire to live. She suffered from depression and that didn't do good to her. She ended her own life in her room. She...she just left me a letter telling how grateful and sorry she was to me."
 
Jin pulls out a handkerchief and handed it to me when he noticed I was crying. I took it and wiped my tears. I felt his hand as he softly pats my back. "I'm sorry about that."
 
"I tried my best being there for Tiffany but I wasn't good enough and I ended up finding Minhyun and asking him to help me but up until the end he denied knowing her and that made me furious. He didn't even go to her funeral and until that day on I promised myself I will never get involved with an idol because being with one still reminds me of Tiffany."
 
"I guess understand now why you are avoiding us." He softly says and looks down. "I'm sorry about what happened to Tiffany. It's a tragic event."
 
"I'm avoiding you because it still haunts me. I know you are different from Minhyun but thinking about what happened it still angers me up until this moment."
 
"Do you remember how you asked me to live as a normal person that night at the park?" He asks. "I'm turning myself into a normal person right now and not Jin from BTS." I laugh softly as he stretches both his arms. "This is the only way I know how to comfort you."
 
I leaned on his chest as he wrapped his arms around me. Just for tonight, let him comfort me just for this day, I told myself.