Chapter 29

I Don't Want to be an Idol
JIN'S POV
 
"Hyung, Pdnim called at his office. He said it's urgent." Namjoon said as he heads straight to where the snacks are.
 
Today is the last day that we wrapped up our concert, so we are looking forward to our rest day. All the guys were munching on the food when I walk out of the room. "You were looking for me?" I peek through Pdnim's door before going in.
 
"I have something to talk to you about." I sit in front of him as he cleans clears his table. "This might be bad timing because I know you want to rest now. But a director called me earlier this morning, and he wants to cast you in a movie."
 
"Neh?" I was dumbfounded.
 
"I'm not joking. And it's a lead role." What am I suppose to say? "I told the director to give you time to think about it, then we'll call him back."
 
Acting is his first dream. But after pursuing music, he now knows that he loves music more than anything. "I'll think about it."
 
"Jin, I don't want you to decide on this by pressuring yourself. You should base your decision on what you really want." Bang PD tells me.
 
I smile. "Thank you, PDnim. I'll think about it carefully."
 
**
 
"Lead role? Really? That's huge, hyung." All of us were having a meal in the house, and I told them about my conversation with PDnim this morning.
 
"Right? I mean, you don't need to think of an answer, hyung. That's a massive opportunity for you. Since we are done with our promotions and everything, it's the right timing." Yoongi says while sipping on his coffee. "Did you tell Yane about it though?" He added.
 
They all look at me. I shrug and stare back at my food. The only thing that came to my mind after our promotions were to spend some time with Yane. I did my best to see her even when we were promoting, but it was not enough. We did see each other but only for a brief moment, and I had to go back to work.
Today is a critical time for her. Emotionally. She's doing better after her admission to the hospital, but I know she still hides some of her hardships. I don't want to pressure her on telling me, so the least that I can do is to be by her side.
 
"I haven't told her yet," I answer him.
 
"Well whatever you decide, you know that we will always be here to support you," Jimin said.
 
After having dinner with my members, I called Yane to pick her up after work. "You don't have to, Jin," she tells me.
 
"I insist. Besides, I have something important to tell you."
 
"Oh, okay. Then I'll be done in an hour. I'll see you soon then."
 
I got there 15 minutes before. It's my first time actually seeing the coffee shop of Yongguk. I didn't mind her working for him because after all, she's family to him. I don't know Yongguk much, but seeing him care for Yane is a relief for me.
 
A knock on the window startled me bringing me back to reality. Yane was waving outside and motioning me to open the lock. "What are you dreaming about?" She asks when she enters the car.
 
I smile. "Nothing much. How is work?"
 
"Same old. I'm hungry though. You want to go and grab something to eat?"
 
"Yes, ma'am."
 
When we arrived at the restaurant, I pulled a black cap on the backseat and a black mask. "Did you want to order your usual?"
 
I nod in disappointment before seeing her leave. Because of our situation, when we go and eat out, she usually gets into the restaurant first, and I'll go in later. It's something I didn't want to do at first but end up doing it anyway to prevent articles from popping up.
 
After a few minutes, I hear my phone ring. "I'm on the second floor. Far right corner by the window."
 
"Okay, I'll be right there," I say before hanging up.
 
When I am about to cross the road, I hear a faint shutter of the camera, so I automatically turn from where the sound is coming from. I caught a glimpse of a person who quickly hides behind a tree seven feet away from me.
 
This is not good! I scream in my mind as I quickly try to think of a way out. One thing is for sure. I have to get away from here. If the person is from the media, then it will not be good for Yane.
 
I saw a Starbucks right beside the restaurant, so I go there while trying to observe the person following me. I ordered a cold coffee and went back to my car. Once inside, I immediately call Yane. "Are you okay there?" she asks when she answered.
 
"Yane, I'm sorry. Someone is following me and taking a picture. I don't know if he is from a media, but I can't go there right now. I'm so sorry." I am angry inside. This was supposed to be a night for Yane and me. Now I have to ditch her because of some stupid guy.
 
"He took a picture of you?"
 
"Yeah. I heard his camera when I was about to cross the road, so I went to Starbucks instead to buy a coffee and came back here in the car. I don't know how long he's following me."
 
I hear her sigh, "Go back home for tonight, Jin. You can't risk coming in here now."
 
"How will you get home?" Guilt rises in me. I was the one who invited her out tonight.
 
I hear her chuckle softly. "I'm used to using public transportation. Don't worry. I'll be fine. Now I have to eat two portions of food."
 
I laugh at her sarcasm. "Take it home if you can't eat all of it."
 
"I'll finish it all. Besides, I didn't get to eat this much food since forever."
 
"That's good. Then, call me later when you're on your way home, okay?"
 
"Yep. Be careful, Jin. Let's plan to meet up another day. Don't worry about tonight." she said. There's a little disappointment in her voice that she can't hide and that made me more furious.