I Don't Want to be an Idol (Chapter 12)

I Don't Want to be an Idol
As we listened to the song, memories of Tiffany flooded my head. All the things that she didn't deserve to happen, the tragic event of her death caused by people who didn't even understood the things she was going through.
 
Jin's voice was solemn and almost comforting when he sang the lyrics. Yoongi also did well on his rap, he never amazes me how he connects to people's emotions with the way he raps.  I also didn't expect that my voice blended well with the two of them, this was more than a song to me, it was also a memory of someone I loved.
 
"I didn't know you could sing, noona," Jungkook said after the song was played.
 
"None of us did," Taehyung added.
 
We were all in the studio and it was kind of embarrassing having all of them there, including my uncle. It was my first time recording a song in his studio. "You wrote the song?" Namjoon asks.
 
I nod. "It's something I wrote for a late friend of mine."
 
"That's honestly a really good song. Have you thought of being one of us?" Hoseok turns to me and asked.
 
"I'm not really on your level, so no thank you," I answer.
 
He shakes his head, "Are you kidding me? You sing better than me."
 
I smile at him, "Thank you for the compliment, Hoseok. But I'll pass. Thank you for the offer though."
 
"You should sing with us more often. I mean this seriously, noona. And I really love the song, by the way. Can I download that on my phone?" Without hearing my answer, he plugged his phone into the computer and started to download the song. 
 
Taehyung plugged his phone next while Jungkook puts on his headphones and sits on the sofa and started to hum the melody, I'm honestly glad that they all like it because that meant a lot to me.
 
"You know, this suits our new album. We've been trying to figure out what kind of hidden song we will add and I really think this is the answer." They all stared at me, including my uncle.
 
"I already told PDnim," I said pointing my uncle, "that you can have the song. I would be honored if you would sing it all together." I tell him.
 
"You know," Yoongi stood up from the swivel chair and stood up behind my uncle, "we can also include it as it is, right PDnim?" he said as he taps my uncle's shoulder.
 
"No! Oh no!" I protested. "You can use this as a guide though." I didn't know if he was serious about what he said but at all costs, I never wanted it to happen. "It's your album ."
 
"A lot of albums nowadays also features some of the different artists so that wouldn't be a problem," Jungkook added.
 
I shake my head. "I'm not an artist guys. I'm just a normal person." I looked at my uncle and pleaded with my eyes.
 
"Okay guys, I think we can call it a day. I know you guys are all tired so I ordered some foods. I'll get them delivered to your practice room." I mouthed him 'thank you' as he shrugs.
 
"At least tell us you're going to think about it." Namjoon and Yoongi who were now standing side by side tell me in unison.
 
I didn't know what to say because they were waiting for my answer, fortunately, Taehyung pulls me over to the door. "Noona, you should eat with us too. It's nice having you around." Saved by the bell.
 
For a moment, I was glad they didn't push me again by their questions when we started eating.
 
After eating, I excused myself from the boys and went to the rooftop. Jungkook sent me the song that he downloaded earlier so I pulled my headphones in my pocket and plugged it in my phone. The slow melody of the piano started to play while Jin's soft voice blended with the music.
 
I smile and continued to listen to it, I didn't notice it earlier, but the way he sang every line was painful like he had his own version of tragedy and he was telling that through his singing.
 
It felt weird because as he sings through the chorus part, my chest starts to tighten. Why was I feeling this way? I stand up still listening when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around and see Jin standing beside me. "I'm sorry if I disturbed you. I thought you already went home."
 
I turned my phone off and removed my headphones and put it back in my pocket. "Oh, well I wanted to come here first before going home. This somehow became my comfort place."
 
He nodded as he sits on the floor and looked up at the sky. And for the first time since I met him, his eyes were full of sadness.