I Don't Want to be an Idol (Chapter 19)

I Don't Want to be an Idol
His hug was tight, "I miss you too. I'm really glad you're okay." I whisper to him. We were like that for a while before he lets me go. "How is your ankle?"
 
"Good as new. I'm glad you're here, we were just talking about visiting you later. Anyway, how are you?" he led me to the sofa and we sat side by side.
 
"I'm good. I heard you had a great time there?"
 
He nods. "It was very touching, we got to meet a lot of our fans-
 
"Noona?" I heard Taehyung's groggy voice so I turned. "It is you." He was still in his pajamas but he didn't care about his look and walk straight to me giving me a hug. "I'm glad you're here." I didn't know how many times will I hear that line but I felt the same just like them because it's been a long time. "I missed you. How are you? You must've been lonely when we were away? Oh, and how did you come here?"
 
"Yah, you're overwhelming her with your questions. Lunch will be ready soon, go wake up Jimin and Jungkook, I'm sure they're excited to see Yane," he told Taehyung who nodded immediately. "You should join us. I think this would be our first time having a proper meal together."
 
I visited their old dorm when I took care of Jin when he was sick. And the place they are living now was twice the size of the old one and there are still some boxes on the corner of the living room. "You're not done unpacking yet?" I ask him.
 
"We have too many things and because of the tour, we haven't had the time to fix our stuff. Our rooms are even messier." We went to the kitchen, Namjoon and Hoseok were sitting on the counter. Hoseok was listening to music with his headphones on while Namjoon was busy writing.
 
"You can't just stop working, can you?" I when I saw that he was writing lyrics.
 
"I'll let you hear it when I'm done," he winked at me.
 
After a while, the 4 of them came walking in the kitchen all in their pj's. It was funny because when I see them on TV and in the pictures they were dressed so well and looking at them now I cannot help but laugh. They look so cute wearing it. "Ahh! Noona! I didn't know you are here." Jimin startled us when he screamed.
 
"Yah, why do you have to scream?" Yoongi tells him as he sits down on the table. "Hey, Yane. Nice seeing you again. How have you been?" he added.
 
"I'm good. How about yourself?" I ask and he gives me a thumbs up and he is clearly sleepy. "Why are you covering your face?" I ask Jimin who is still standing.
 
"He's embarrassed because he doesn't have makeup on," Jungkook answered and sat beside me. "Hyung, let's just eat. It's not the time to worry about your looks right now. We're all not wearing our makeup."
 
I motioned Jimin to sit, I didn't care if he didn't have his makeup on and to be honest I prefer seeing him like right now. "Let's eat, Jimin-ah."
 
After our late lunch, they all showered and changed into casual clothes. We all gathered in their living room when Jimin handed me a shopping bag. "I bought that for you when we were overseas."
 
And one by one they were giving me bags saying they bought it for me. I was surprised and didn't know how to react to it. "We couldn't be here when you had your birthday so we thought of buying you something," Namjoon told me.
 
"Thank you! I mean you didn't have to do it. Why did you all buy something?" I teased. I mean, I'm really touched by the gesture but I feel pressured because every single one of them has something for me. "But thank you, really." I didn't know how to show my sincerity.
 
**
"Yane, are you sleeping?" Jin called me one night.
 
"I'm awake. What is it?" I look at the clock on my table and it says 11:00 in the evening.
 
"I'm outside your house. Do you want to take a stroll?"
 
I agreed to go with him. I went to my uncle's bedroom to ask for permission but he was already sleeping so I just went out. He was in the car when I went out. "Are you okay?"
 
He nods and started to drive. He drove to a nearby park, thankfully, there was no one there.
 
"How is school?" he asks me while we were walking.
 
"Good. We have an exam next week and I'm searching for a dish I can cook on our hands on exams too. Is practice going well with you?" After there tour, they hardly took a break preparing for another album and their schedule is hectic because they have shows lined up.
 
He stops walking so I turned to him, "Yane," I wait for him to continue. "I honestly don't know how to say this." He sighs. "I know you have a tragic experience in the past but I'm really thankful that you opened up to me and the rest of my members. I didn't ask you properly this but would you go out with me?"
 
Thinking about it, although he confessed his feelings for me, we never really had the chance to talk about it. We had a mutual understanding of each other's feelings but hearing him ask that made my heart beat faster. He's the first person to ask me out. "Yes, I would like to go out with you." I smile at him.
 
He gives me a light hug, "For a moment, I thought you're going to turn me down."
 
Never in my wildest dreams that we'd come to this. I know the ups and downs when I agree to go out with him but I'm willing to take the risk.