I Don't Want to be an Idol (Chapter 2)

I Don't Want to be an Idol
"Uncle,  I'm at a bakery right now. Do you want me to buy anything?" I asked my uncle over the phone.
 
"I'm at the office right now."
 
"That's okay. I can drop by over there for a while before going home."
 
"Oh. Then can you get something sweet for the boys too? They've been preparing for their comeback and had a really strict diet."
 
I smile. "Giving them a cheat day?"
 
I hear him laugh. "They've been working hard and all. They deserve a treat."
 
I walked around the store looking for something good to buy. "Okay. I'll be there maybe in 15 minutes. Bye." There was a lot I wanted to buy. There was a lot of really appetizing flavor of cupcakes.
 
"I'll have 15 pieces of chocolate cupcakes, 15 red velvet flavor and 20 pieces of churros," I told the cashier as she gets them from the case.
 
"Having a cupcake party tonight?" She asks while packing my order.
 
I smile at her. "It's a gift."
 
"Good choice."
 
After putting the order in the car I decided also to get them coffee. I didn't know them personally but I know that preparing for a comeback is the hardest time for an idol.
 
I drove to the company and most of the staff already went home. I decided to take the stairs instead of taking the elevator since it's just on the third floor.
"I'm okay mom. Preparing for the comeback is exhausting but my members are helping me out a lot."
 
I recognized Jin's voice when I was on the second floor. "I'll be fine, don't worry. Bye, love you too." After hanging up his phone I heard him sigh heavily.
I didn't know if I should go up or just go out and take the elevator. I stood there for a while, I was about to go out the exit when I heard soft sobs. I was sure it was him because we're the only people at the staircase.
 
I slowly made my way up, holding the cupcakes and coffee on both hands. He was sitting at the edge of the stairs and his head was buried in his hands. He was indeed crying.
 
"Rough night?" I remember when he first saw me crying a week ago at the rooftop of the building.
 
I was expecting him to be shocked or something but when he looked up to me he quickly wiped his tears and smiled. "Rough night."
 
"Are you okay?" I laid down the food on the ground waiting for his answer.
 
He shook his head and looks down. "I'm under a lot of stress right now. It's honestly draining me emotionally."
 
I don't know what he's going through but seeing his vulnerable side is so much different from his idol image. I can tell he's in a lot of pressure, he was tired physically and emotionally.
 
I took out one coffee from the bag and handed it to him. He looks at me but I nodded and handed it to him. "I know that will not make you feel good, but I know coffee is a celebrity's best friend."
 
He laughs as he accepts the coffee. "Nice seeing you here again by the way. PDnim told us you're his niece?" I nod. "That's cool. We never knew he has a family."
 
"He never talked about us for a good reason."
 
"I'm Kim Seokjin by the way. I didn't introduce myself when I saw you on the rooftop before because you left so quickly."
 
"Yane. Ayane."
 
"Are you here to visit your uncle?" He asks.
 
"Yes,  is he in his office?"
 
"He's in the practice room. I'll take you there. Let me help you with that." He took one of the bags and led the way.
 
"Hyung,  where did you-
 
Taehyung stopped when he saw me entering behind Jin. The rest of them were dancing and also stopped when I entered. I scanned the room and saw my uncle sitting in the back. "Oh, Yane hi. I'm glad you found us here."
 
I bowed to the boys as they reciprocated. "Yane bought some snacks. Take a break." He said to the boys.
 
I laid the bag on the floor as my uncle opens the boxes of cupcakes and churros. "You told us to diet," Namjoon told him eyeing the food.
 
"Don't worry,  this is only for tonight. Now help yourselves before I change my mind." He said and they all quickly sat down and started to eat.
 
I went to the door to go out but someone pulled my wrist. "Please join us. Thank you for buying us the snacks. It's been a rough week for us and we needed this." It was Hoseok.
 
"He's right Yane. Please join us." My uncle said.