I Don't Want to be an Idol (Chapter 6)

I Don't Want to be an Idol
"So you're majoring in culinary?" Namjoon asked while we were sitting on the floor eating.
 
I didn't even notice I was still wearing my uniform. "Oh, uh yes."
 
"That's cool noona," Jimin added.
 
After eating I went to my uncle's office and he was surprised to see me there. "Yane,  what are you doing here?"
 
"Taehyung went to my school earlier."
 
"V?"
 
I nod. "I myself was surprised he was there. Did you perhaps gave him my number?"
 
"No, he borrowed my phone because he said he changed his number and he's gonna put the new one-, that kid. He went through my phone to get your number?"
 
I chuckle. "He outsmarts you sometimes. Don't worry,  no damage was done."
 
"He is trouble. But why did he went to your school?"
 
"He said he didn't have someone to eat with. So we just bought food at this restaurant and brought it here. Here's yours, by the way, I know you still haven't had dinner." I said giving him the bag.
 
"Thank you. Did you pay for the meal?"
 
I shake my head. "I insisted but he didn't want me to pay so, in the end, he paid for everything."
 
"Good. At least he knows that. Did you already eat?"
 
"I ate with the boys at their practice room."
 
He looked at me surprisingly. "Oh, uh....... that's great."
 
I shrug. "Okay,  I'll go ahead. See you at home. Don't be too late uncle."
 
"I'll see you later Yane."
 
After I went from his office I contemplated whether to say goodbye to the boys or just go. I didn't want to be rude so I went back to their practice room. They were back to practice when I went in.
 
"Noona,  good timing. Do you want to watch our dance practice and tell who has the most mistakes?" Taehyung pulled me in and let me sit in a chair in front of them. "I'm voting for Jin hyung." He added.
 
"I vote for Namjoon hyung." Jungkook raised his hand.
 
"Yah, I can't believe you're doing this to us," Jin said.
 
I couldn't talk back because they immediately started the music so I sat there and watch them. They were all perfectly in sync.
 
I clapped softly after their dancing. "You all did well. I think no one even made a slight mistake." It was the truth.
 
**
"Busy?" My uncle said while he walked into the living room that night.
 
"You've been asking me these past few days to go back to writing songs."
 
He suddenly sat down beside me and nodded. "Yes, I did. Did you uhm, do you want to?"
 
"I wrote that before Tiffany's death. It was based on what happened to them. Tiffany was supposed to record the demo track but she didn't have the chance to." I answer giving the music sheet to him.
 
He looked over it. "It's a sad song."
 
"It's a tragic song. It was supposed to be a happy song but unexpected things happen."
 
He nods. "It's a nice song Yane,  it perfectly depicts the topic of a broken person. This will be good as a ballad song. Do you mind if I produce this?"
 
"I'm giving it to you,  you can do whatever you want with it."
 
"I will produce this Yane, but you have to sing it."
 
"What?" No way.
 
"You wrote the lyrics Yane. Every word,  every feeling,  every part of it was written by you. Sing it."
 
"No uncle. That's-,  no I'm not singing it."
 
"Don't worry Yane. We'll just record the song, I'm not going to release it to the public. I just want you to sing it. Please tell me you'll think about it though? Please?"
 
I never thought he would let me record the song but thinking about how Tiffany didn't have the chance to do it I will try and think about it. I nod at him.
He smiled. "Thank you Yane."
**
"We recorded the melody, and Yoongi played and arranged the piano version of it."
 
"I listened to it earlier, he did an amazing job. You were right, he is a genius."
 
We were in his office,  I agreed to sing the song for Tiffany. "Noona!!" Taehyung came in while the rest of s followed behind him but I wasn't expecting to see another person who entered.
 
He bowed to my uncle before noticing me. Even my uncle was surprised to see him there. "Minhyun-ah. What are you doing here?" He asks him.
 
"Oh, I came here with our producer and I wanted to come to greet you." He answers him before looking my way. "Hi, Yane."
 
I didn't answer him, instead, I went outside the office because I felt so suffocated. "Yane, wait!" I can hear him running behind me. He grabbed my wrist when he caught me. "Yane."
 
I scoff. "I can't believe out of all the people in the world I get to see you. Let go of my hand." I yanked his hand but his grip was so strong.
 
"Please, let's talk."
 
"Let go."
 
"Yane."
 
"I think I heard it clear she wants you to let her go," Jin said from behind, I didn't even know he followed us but I was grateful he did. "You're hurting her Minhyun." He said in a soft voice.
 
Minhyun slowly let's go of me and looks at my wrist. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to."
 
"Your manager is looking for you at PDnim's office. You should go back." He said. Minhyun bowed to him and walked away.
 
"Are you okay?" He looks at me.
 
"Ye-.....no. Thank you."
 
"Do you need some air?"
 
I nod. He holds my hand as he led me up the stairs going to the rooftop.