I Don't Want to be an Idol (Chapter 16)

I Don't Want to be an Idol
The necklace was really pretty but I wasn't sure if I should take it or not. "It's pretty," I mumbled.
 
He smiles. "I didn't want to burden you by giving you this, Yane.   But you were the first person I thought when I saw it and I knew I had to buy it. Consider it as a gift from a friend."
 
How can I refuse? He bought it thinking of me and the right thing to do is to be grateful to him. I took the necklace from its box and handed it to him. "Can you?"
 
He nods as I turn my back on him so he can put the necklace on my neck. I traced the necklace and smiled, it was the first time I received something from a guy. "Thank you."
 
"You're welcome."
**
"Are you all excited?" I ask them. We were all in the practice room. Today was their flight going overseas to their concert and I was excited for them.
 
"I'm honestly thinking about the long flight," Taehyung said while adjusting his loose shirt. "How do I look?" he asks after. I gave him two thumbs up and he winks at me. "Noona, can I hug you?"
 
I let out a chuckle. "Are you missing me already?" I said as I extended both my arms out to him.
 
"You know its still not too late to change your mind if you want to come with us," he says in my ear.
 
"I told you, I'll be cheering for you here. So take good care of yourself there and try not to get lost."
 
"Well good luck with not getting lost." Namjoon teased.
 
"Said the guy who lost his passport." Jungkook teased Namjoon back as they all laughed.
 
Their managers came to the practice room to get them. "Well, I guess I'll be seeing you soon."
 
"Bye noona," Jimin said as he gave me a light hug while Hoseok squeezed me in his arms.
 
Jungkook and Yoongi both placed their arms on my shoulders squeezing me between them while Namjoon was behind me patting my head.
 
Jin was the last person to hug me. "I will miss you Yane. I'll be contacting you when we arrive there," he whispered.
 
I nodded putting my hands around his waist. "Be careful and have fun."
 
After a moment, the room was now empty. It felt somewhat weird without them there so I went out and went straight to the rooftop. Whether I liked it or not, the boys already became a part of my life.
 
Even if I wanted to avoid them, it wasn't possible because I know deep inside of me that I want them to be there. I spent some time there before deciding to go down. But I noticed something on the bench on my way to the stairs.
 
An envelope with my name on it was sitting there. I looked around but there wasn't anyone. I recognized the handwriting when I saw my name, it was Jin's.
I sat and took out a folded paper when something fell on the ground. It was a Polaroid picture of me smiling on something but I wasn't looking at the camera. I unfolded the paper and begin to read it.
 
Yane,
 
I intentionally left this letter here for you because if my guess is right, I know you'll be coming up here. Anyway, I know this might not be a good time in telling you something but here it goes. I like you Yane, I've been for a while and I'm sorry if you had to know it by this letter. Knowing that you will be there cheering for us gives me strength. Take good care of yourself there and you have the practice room all by yourself. See you soon.
 
I put down the paper and folded back to its original state. "Yane?" I was startled when I heard his voice. I turned and found him standing behind me.
 
"I thought you already left?" I hid the letter reflexively on my back.
 
"I forgot something," he answers me and walked slowly towards me. I didn't know why but I backed away. He looks on the bench and back to me as he stopped. He knows that I already read his letter. "I think I'll you soon then."
 
He turned and walked backed to the stairs. "Jin, wait!" I didn't know where that came from. He turned to me. "I- I will be waiting for you." I didn't know if that was confessing or not but it just came out.
 
He nodded as he smiles. "Take care, Yane."