The Truth.

Twisted Fate.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sehun's quote; You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could’ve, would’ve happened… or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move on.

 
The ride to the hotel was spent in silence, Kai's eyes were on the window watching the bright city of Seoul. Kris didn't bother to uttet another word as well opting to focus on the wheels . They came to a stop as Kris parked the car, he gestured for Kai to step out before doing the same, they shared a brief look before both simultaneously turned to walk inside the building. A man Kai didn't recognize came forward the moment they stepped in. "Yifan?" He asked stopping right in front of them. Kris nodded. "Yeah that will be me" he said "Min Yoongi ?" The guy nodded extending his hand for a shake, "nice to meet you" Kris added "Likewise, I've been waiting for the two of you" Yoongi glanced at Kai's direction pulling his hand from Kris' "You must be the son in law" Kai nodded. "Kim Kai" he reached out to shake the other's hand Yoongi smiled taking Kai's hand in his."Mr. Oh talked so much about you" he said "let's get to work I've already asked for the footage" Yoongi retrieved his hand. Kris nodded curtly. "Pa said you're really good in what you do" Yoongi only smiled humbly as he led the way. The security room was empty, Kai was about to say something when Yoongi spoke. "I asked them to vacate the room, because prosecutor Oh said he wants everything to be done in privacy" They didn't respond and Yoongi moved to the largest screen and typed some complicated things on the keyboards, then moved to pick a laptop from the other corner of the room before walking back to where the two men stood. He typed again and the footage showed up."Keep your eyes on the screen and tell me when to pause it, I've already sorted them accordingly, so it's gonna start from the exact time Kai walked into the building. Yeah?" They both nodded simultaneously turning to keep their eyes locked on the screen just like how Yoongi instructed. A few minutes into the footage, Kai asked Yoongi to push it forward a little but just as Yoongi was about to forward the video, Kai's eyes caught the sight of the man he saw with Sehun yesterday "stop" he said "that's the man" he pointed at the screen. Yoongi zoomed it in. "Him?" He asked and Kai nodded."Alright" he said, bending to plug some kind of a device to the system. "What's that for?" Kai asked. Yoongi lifted his head a little "Facial recognition. It will help identify and bring out his details" he curtly explained. Kai nodded and he watched as Yoongi got back to work, it didn't take a whole minute for the guy's details to show."Im Jaebum , age 22, a college student and he have a record with the police" Yoongi read out. Kai shifted closer to read more of the details. "So what are you going to do with him?" "Are you kidding me?" Kris said, "bring him in for questioning" Kai nodded before turning his attention back to the screen "keep going" he said and Yoongi did just that. Then it came the part where Kai dreaded the most, the part where Sehun and the Im guy walked together hooking arms, Jaebum resting his hand on Sehun's belly as they reached the elevator. Kai turned slightly to look at Kris' face and the latter had his eyes wide open in confusion with a stubborn set to his jaw,  "Holy crap, is that– no, no that's not Sehun it can't be him" Kris shook his head disagreeingly. "So you believe me now?" Kai asked his eyes fixated on Kris. But the latter didn't say a word as he kept watching, "I understand your apprehension" Kai added. "The elevator; do you want to watch what they did in there or?–" Yoongi asked "Yes" Kris said. "No" Kai said. Yoongi gave then both a look, shaking his head "now which one kids, I ain't got all night" "Can you enhance the audio?" Kai asked and Yoongi nodded. "Do it" They continued to watch the footage till the part Kai stood in front of the room and it was just now that he saw how broken and confused he reacted, Yoongi enhanced the audio and they could all hear their conversation and the one Kai supposedly had with Sehun. "Call Sehun's phone" Kris suddenly said. Kai gave him a confused look."Why?" "I have it with me" Kris brought the phone out of his jeans' pocket "just call the God damn phone" he sounded impatient. Kai fished out his own phone and to dial Sehun's number, he was expecting it to ring out loud or vibrate or at least showed any sign that would indicate he was calling but to his surprise it didn't. Instead he could hear a dialing tone indicating that a phone was ringing but it wasn't Sehun's, he waited with a leaping heart for who ever it was to answer but the person didn't. "End the call" it was Yoongi that spoke."Yifan, you call your brother's number let's see what's gonna happen". Kai did as instructed and Kris immediately dialed Sehun's number and to their surprise it rang audibly, they all could see Kris' name flashing on the screen. "Just as I thought" Yoongi said with a small chuckle."Whoever this guy is, he's definitely a homewreaker" he shook his head and a little "they wanted you to believe you were talking with your husband, which was not the case, Sehun's phone had been bugged specially to block your call and divert it to someone else's line, but I guess who ever did it wasn't smart enough to un-bug it, which means we can track them"  "Shixun" Kris said the moment Yoongi shut his mouth. "He's in the US, I talked to him, we both did. Sehun and I and we were sure he's still there– and how will you explain the baby bump?" "No, it can be a trick, you have no idea how tech is well advanced these days and baby bumps can be faked, it sold all across the world in different sizes and shapes." Kris said and Yoongi nodded in agreement. "He might be here but tricked you into believing he's in America or someone that has a similar body shape to that of Sehun's did a plastic surgery to have his face just to do this" Yoongi said chuckling at his own words "But whatever the case is, It's not going to be difficult, because it seems like a   neophyte doing, I can handle it" he concluded. If Yoongi was right, that meant Shixun really did tricked them and Kai had just accused his innocent husband for something the other didn't commit.
Kai's heart was beating so fast that he feared it might jump out of his ribcage, he couldn't believe he accused Sehun for cheating, he couldn't believe he broke his husband's Faith.   ! He's ed up, really big,  "" he cursed hitting his palm on the table beside him. ", " he did it over and over again. "What have I done? I was so stupid, I didn't believe him even when he cried begging me to" Kai hated himself right now, that he feard he could harm himself for hurting Sehun that much. For doubting him, for not trusting him enough, for not having much faith in him like the yonuger did to him. "Hey, don't stress it, anyone would've reacted the way you did if they'd witness what you witnessed– so it's not your fault" Yoongi told him. "No, you don't understand, I ed up, I should have known Sehun would never do such a thing, my heart keeps telling me I was wrong but my stupid, stupid ing stupid mind wouldn't agree with my heart, it kept telling me to think logical rather than trust my husband" "I get it, trust me I do, but believe me it's okay to react the way you did" "It's not okay Yoongi, Kai hurt my brother,  he accused him, he doubted him, do you have any idea how doubt and mistrust could ruin a perfect relationship? Sehun trusted him blindly, I swear to God had it been the situation was reversed he would still believe Kai if the says he didn't do it, but Kai didn't. He doesn't have that much faith in my brother which is a shame, and because of that I won't allow Sehun to return to you, he deserves someone better, someone that will trust him as much he trusted that person" Kai's heart was definitely about to give out permanently. No, Kris couldn't do this, he have no idea how Kai would live– heck he didn't even want to live a life without Sehun, he rather die than to have that. He couldn't, he didn't want that."No, Kris don't do this, you're not only going to hurt me, but you'll end up hurting your brother in the process, you know he loves me–" "He can learn not to love you anymore, he can fall out of love with you, you know it happens, so he won't be the first" Kai shook his head as he Instantly took a hold of Kris' hand. "Please don't do this" he pleaded, he wasn't sure if Kris was just bluffing or not, but he was certain about one thing: which was how protective Kris was of his baby brother. "Please"  Kris opened his mouth to say something but Yoongi intervened. "It's not your place to decide for Sehun. Yifan" he said head tilting to look at the younger. Kai was truly, truly thankful for Yoongi's presence. "It's my ing place, because he's my brother, my precious lil brother that l love so much and I can lay my life for–" "I am not saying you don't love your brother,  what I am trying to say is; the decision should be Sehun's to make, not yours. You love him and you're blood related, but you don't owe his life, he has a right to do whatever he wants with it, you as an older brother can only guide him, but you can't force him to follow your will just because you think it's the best thing for him, that will be similar to dictating his life" God Kai had decided he really did love this young prosecutor. The words seemed to leave an impact on Kris as he sighed running his hands through his hair."I am not doing that to him–" he bit his lower lip hard enough to draw blood. "Fine, Sehun gets to choose if he wants Kai or not, but I swear to God if he says he doesn't want him back no one is gonna force
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter