036

Crush

Alessa let out a deep breath before sliding down from her car, she slung her Dior purse over her shoulder as she walked towards the building.

“I’m going to hell for this.” She murmured under her breath as she made her way towards the cafeteria, she saw Jungwoo and Ahee walking together with their trays in hand.

Her eyes roamed around the hall and saw her brother chatting happily with Jaehyun. Alessa shook her head to herself before removing her ponytail. She walked towards one of the vending machines to get herself something to drink.

“Are you new here?”

She turned and noticed a male student looking at her with a smile.

“No. I’m just~”

“Join us at our table, we have an~”

“I have a boyfriend.” She told him with a flat tone, the male paused and blinked.

“Ah, really? Then~”

“Bye.” Alessa rolled her eyes before walking away from the male, she yanked her can of cola open and took a long sip.

I cannot be dealing with kids right now.

What am I doing?

He will hate me forever.

Alessa straightened up as she walked towards their table, Jaehyun was the first one to see her and the younger male paused.

“Oh, unnie.” Ahee saw her, Lucas stood up from his seat.

“What are you doing here?” Lucas demanded, Ahee and Jungwoo was stunned at his words. Alessa didn’t speak, she just sat down across Ahee.

“You guys are eating.” Alessa spoke, Jaehyun grew worried as he recognized the tone of her voice.

“We didn’t know you were going to join us, unnie.” Ahee said with a smile.

“I didn’t know my mother would invite you to her party.” Alessa stated, Lucas started to gather his things.

“Ahee, let’s go.” He urged her.

“We’re still talking, Lucas. Sit down.” Alessa’s cold gaze went to her sibling, Ahee tensed up, something was wrong.

Jungwoo glanced at Jaehyun worriedly.

“What do you mean, unnie?” Ahee asked her.

“Don’t even think about showing up at that party, Ahee.” Alessandra stated.

“Jie!” Lucas slammed his palms on the table.

Ahee’s eyes widened in shock, Alessa smirked and glanced at her hands briefly.

“I’m done pretending that I like you. I can’t let the rest of our family see you, what would they say?”

“Noona,” Jungwoo frowned.

“U—Unnie, I—I~”

“I don’t need to hear it. Just stay away from my brother.” Alessa stood up from her seat, she turned her back to them.

“Jie, you’re too much.” Lucas spat.

Alessa didn’t react, she just started to walk away from them.

“Jie,” Lucas called her, Alessa paused, but she didn’t face him.

From now on, you’re an only child.” Lucas stated before leaving the cafeteria.

 

 

Chanyeol walked in the conference room and paused, Alessa’s secretary stood up to greet them.

“Good afternoon, vice chairman Park.” He greeted courteously, Chanyeol nodded back.

“Vice president Wong sends her apologies; she couldn’t come today. She sent me in her stead.” A middle-aged male approached him with an outstretched hand.

“Yes, nice to meet you.” Chanyeol said as he shook his hand, he exhaled before taking his seat.

Alessa’s secretary shook his head to himself before sitting down, it was too obvious.

It was the second meeting with Lotte that his boss had skipped.

“Last week, we decided on the firm. They already sent in their proposals,”

Chanyeol looked at the screen, his forehead creased again.

“I spoke with the VP Wong regarding this, she said she prefers this one,” Another set of color scheme appeared on the screen.

“But, she would want to know your preference, vice chairman.”

Chanyeol didn’t speak, he was just staring at the screen, unmoving. The WongShen director glanced at his secretary.

“Sir,”

Chanyeol felt someone tap him on his shoulder, he looked up.

“They want to know what you think, vice chairman.”

Chanyeol’s eyes went to the screen again, he chewed on his lower lip before standing up.

“I’m sorry, secretary Im and director Seo will continue with you. I have to go somewhere.” Chanyeol excused himself before leaving the room.

 

 

Alessa let out a shaky breath as she shut the doors behind her, she felt tears roll down her cheeks.

“I’m so sorry, I’m so sorry.” She sobbed as she slid down to the floor.

“I’m so sorry.” She closed her eyes as she leaned back on the door. The look on Lucas’s face hurt her so much. They may have fought many times before, but he never looked at her like that.

He hated her now.

Alessa ran her fingers through her hair and pushed her purse away from her, she could hear her phone vibrating on her desk. She stood up and walked towards her table, her mother was calling.

She wiped her tears away before tossing her phone into the trash bin.

“Why can’t they just understand you? Why can’t she just let you be?” She whispered as she sat down.

I can’t correct this. There’s no way I can undo this.

I’m the worst.

Fresh tears started to roll down her cheeks, she looked at her laptop and saw the files she had to review.

She was about to shut her laptop close when the doors flew open.

“You!” Seolah spat at her.

 

 

Chanyeol stepped out of the elevator in a rush, he made his way towards Alessa’s office and was surprised to find the doors open.

He approached the doors and heard a familiar voice.

“Just because you have the money, you think you can toy with people like that? You’re not god, Alessandra!” Seolah was yelling at her, Chanyeol quickened his pace and he halted.

“How dare you toy with my family? How dare you do this over a man?” She bellowed as she continued to berate her, what surprised Chanyeol was that, the other girl wasn’t moving, she wasn’t even looking at Seolah as she spoke.

And then he saw how swollen her eyes were, and how her office was a mess.

“I’ve had enough of you. I should have asked them to finish you off~” Seolah halted when someone blocked her view of Alessa.

“Get out.” Chanyeol stated, his voice cold.

“Oppa, I~”

“I said get out!” He snapped at her, the intensity of his stare made Seolah flinched.

“You don’t know what she did, she just bought us out. Just because I wouldn’t~”

“Just because you sent men to beat her up.” Chanyeol finished for her, Seolah halted.

“Oppa, I~”

“Get out.”

Tears started to line her eyes and she looked away.

“And you know what?” Chanyeol spoke again, Seolah looked at him.

“Good for you, Seol. You deserve that.” Chanyeol stated, Seolah didn’t react, she just left the room.

Chanyeol exhaled, he turned to look at Alessa again.

“Alessa, I~”

“I messed up.” She looked up to meet his gaze, Chanyeol panicked as soon as he saw tears roll down her cheeks.

“I made a mistake, and it’s not something…I can fix. I can’t fix it.”

Chanyeol walked around her desk and knelt down to meet her gaze.

“Alessa, it can’t be that bad. You can always fix things.” He said soothingly as he wiped her tears away with his thumbs, he turned her chair so that she was facing him.

“This time, I don’t think I can.” Alessa replied as she looked at him, Chanyeol brushed her hair away from her cheeks.

“Do you want to talk about it?” He asked softly, Alessa started to shake her head, instead, she just leaned down to wrap her arms around his neck and sighed.

“You’re wrong. I can’t fix this.” She whispered before closing her eyes, Chanyeol frowned as he wrapped his arms around her.

“I messed up, Yeol. First, you, then, Lucas and Ahee.” She said quietly.

“Alessa, you could never mess me up, I’m a mess myself.” He said lightly, Alessa’s lips quirked up and she shook her head.

“You told me not to avoid you, and yet here we are.” She said as she pulled away to look at him. She pointed towards her phone in the trash bin.

“I said I’d give you time.” Chanyeol replied, Alessa gave him a small sad smile before leaning forward to kiss his cheek.

 

“I know, thank you, Yeol.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++