037

Crush

Lucas exhaled as he leaned back on his seat, he was in an empty lecture hall. He had been trying to call Ahee ever since the cafeteria incident, but she wasn’t picking up.

He shook his head and pressed his forehead against the desk.

“This isn’t like you, jie.”

He knew his sister, despite the cold and unapproachable aura she sometimes projected, she was never the type to speak like that. She never even thought like that.

It wasn’t her.

Alessandra Wong was better than that and Lucas knows it.

“Something’s pushing her to do this.” He murmured, he took out his phone and called for his sibling’s secretary.

“Yes, young master?”

“Where’s noona?”

“Ah, she’s in her office, something big happened today.” He said lowly.

“What?”

“Miss Gong came in and started yelling at the vice president?”

“What?!” Lucas stood up from his seat.

“But vice chairman Park arrived, and he asked her to leave. They’re inside the office right now,..she seems stressed out, sir.”

Lucas let out a shaky breath before bidding the male goodbye.

“Something is wrong. And she’s not telling me.”

 

 

“What do you think your mother’s going to do at that party?”

“I don’t know, Yeol. Something really bad. That’s why I spoke to Ahee that way. So, she’ll change her mind about attending.”

“Alessa,”

She looked up from her desk, Chanyeol was standing beside her, leaning against her desk.

“Why not talk to Lucas about this? I mean, he’ll understand.”

“If I do, he’ll lash back, Yeol. And that will only make things worse than it already is.”

Chanyeol paused, he crossed his arms.

“Lucas thinks you’re against Ahee, doesn’t that bother you?”

“It does, but I rather he lash back at me because I would never do anything to hurt him and Ahee. But if it’s my mother…no one knows what she’ll do just to get rid of Ahee.” She exhaled as she looked at her palms.

Chanyeol glanced at her, he stretched his palm to the girl with a smile on his office.

“Should we go out? You look like you need the fresh air.”

“I want ice cream.” She murmured, Chanyeol chuckled and pulled her up, he picked up her coat and purse.

“Let’s go, you’re treating.”

“Sure.” She said dryly, he grinned and just hooked her arm around his. Alessa paused but she looked at him and her lips curled upwards.

“You sure love putting yourself in dangerous situations, first with my mother and now, you being here.”

“Why is that?” He said as they stepped out of the office, Alessa’s fingers curled around the coat’s sleeve.

“People tend to gossip a lot, Park Yeol.”

“I don’t mind.”

“You literally just broke off your engagement.” She pointed out as they reached the elevator, Chanyeol smiled and shook his head.

“It doesn’t matter, Alessa. It was never going to work.” He shrugged at her as the doors opened.

“And besides, you need some cheering up. You’re always so gloomy, and today, you’re gloomier than usual.”

Alessa narrowed her eyes at him before getting inside the machine, Chanyeol chuckled and followed her inside. Meanwhile, Alessa’s staff were watching the two in awe, the Park heir had a way with their boss, he could make her smile and joke around her effortlessly.

“He’s a national treasure I tell you.” Alessa’s secretary whispered as the doors started to close on the two. Chanyeol was laughing as he tucked a frowning Alessa under his chin.

And the other WongShen employees agreed.

 

 

Dylan looked at the youngest Wong as he stepped out his room, Lucas had his backpack and another duffel in hand as he went down the steps.

He heard Mrs. Wong step out from the study and she paused when she saw her son, Dylan remained planted on his position, not wanting to be seen by the elder.

“You’re home.”

Lucas ignored her and continued to walk towards the front doors, but his mother’s guards stopped her.

“Where are you going?”

“It’s not any of your business.” Lucas’s reply was short, Dylan could almost see the elder’s dry humorless smile.

“You still live under this~”

“No, I don’t.” Lucas cut her off, the guards tensed and looked at each other.

Wong Yukhei.” His mother walked towards him, Lucas shook his head at the elder.

“Didn’t jie tell you?” Lucas shot back.

“What does your sister need to tell me?”

“She’s an only child now. So, forget about me, because both of you are monsters.” Lucas stated, the guards started to block the doors.

Dylan winced and looked away.

“Move.” Lucas spoke, Dylan slowly went down the steps. Lucas was towering over the rest of the guards and the look on his face was terrifying.

“I said move.” His tone was flat, Dylan leaned against the railing. Alessa could be scary, she was the cold and very upfront about it, but Lucas different.

No one ever wants to meet an angry Lucas.

“I’m giving you two seconds to move.” Lucas looked up, the guards glanced at Mrs. Wong again, unsure.

“How do you want do this? Should I call for the police? Or do I remove you from the doors myself?” Lucas demanded, it was then the guards started to scramble away from the double doors and made way for him.

Mrs. Wong exhaled before turning away from her son and walking towards the living room.

“Alessa better fix this,” Dylan murmured to himself before heading back to his room.

 

 

“So, everyone’s flying home?”

Alessa nodded and put her spoon back on the cup, they were at a Baskin Robbins in Galleria Department Store.

“My father, my grandparents, everyone. And that’s…not a good sign, that means my mother is up to something.”

“Your mother seems nice.”

“Because you’re not Ahee. Ahee doesn’t own a huge company.” She pointed out.

“Okay, ouch?” Chanyeol blinked at her, Alessandra looked up from her ice cream and gave him a small smile. Which made Chanyeol’s heart do a little jump that made him smile back.

“I don’t mean it that way, but that’s the truth. It’s a part of our world.”

Chanyeol nodded and scrunched his nose at her.

“What now?” She mused back.

“It’s hurting you. Your hurt Lucas and it’s hurting you.” He stated, Alessa paused before nodding back.

“I have to keep WongShen in perfect condition so he can take over smoothly, I don’t want him to have hard time, Yeol. That’s why I always tried to be on top, to get a hold of everything, and I don’t..want my mother to destroy his happiness.” She said as she leaned back on her seat.

“Alessa, you don’t always have to try to be this perfect CEO. You’re just human.” Chanyeol reached for her hand across the table.

“I’m afraid this might affect him badly, growing up, my brother always got what he wanted. This…This must be difficult for him.”

“You know what’s more difficult?” Chanyeol looked at her, Alessa met his gaze evenly.

It used to be difficult just talking to you.

I always wanted to run away from you.

But now, you’re comfortable.

And it’s strange feeling like this.

“What is?”

Chanyeol drew small circles on the back of her palm.

“Him not having you on his side.”

Alessa exhaled and her forehead creased.

“You are a mess, Park Chanyeol.” She replied while tilting her head, Chanyeol winked at her but she knew he was serious.

“And you’re very difficult to deal with, but I’ll survive.” He replied before pushing her cup of latte towards her.

“Is it really worth it? Dealing with me?” She said jokingly, Chanyeol nodded back before leaning over to wipe the ice cream off the side of her lip.

 

“You are. You will always be worth it.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++