019

Crush

Alessandra leaned back on her seat and massaged the back of her neck. She had just finished reviewing all the progress reports from different departments of the company.

And she hated how things weren’t in order. She groaned as her phone started to ring again, she picked up the phone and her face lit up when she read the caller’s name.

“Hello, old man.” She smiled as her grandfather’s face appeared on the screen, the elder snorted at her greeting.

“Flying off to Seoul without telling me, how nice of you, Sandra.”

“I had to rush, Yukhei got in trouble. I’m sure you’ve heard about it.” She said, her paternal grandfather was probably the only elder who understood her fully. Or maybe because they were too similar that’s why they got along.

“Give that punk a good beating for me.” He joked back, Alessa shook her head.

“How’s Seoul for you? I heard you cause quite a stir when you forced yourself in there.”

“Gong-ah, you have no idea how messy it was here. The person pa assigned to oversee everything was so~”

“Bad at his job, and you’re perfect.” He rolled his eyes at her, Alessa shut and eyed him warily. The elder heartily laughed and shook his head.

“Visit me before the month ends, you know I can’t stand airplane rides anymore.” He told her, she nodded.

“I’ll try, Mister Wong.” She blew him a kiss before ending the call, Alessa exhaled and looked around her.

“Now, I miss him. I should have passed by Beijing before rushing here.” She murmured to herself before leaving her office.

She made her way towards the elevators, employees froze as soon as they saw her but they bowed as she passed by.

“Why is this day so quiet? Lucas hasn’t disturbed me yet.” She murmured to herself.

 

 

Chanyeol looked at Seolah, his forehead creased briefly as the girl picked up her coffee. He knew that he had somehow annoyed her with his sudden decision. But still, he was waiting for what she had to say.

“What is it now, oppa? Why call me out here?” She spoke to him, Chanyeol chewed on the insides of his cheeks.

“I..I didn’t let you speak the other night, I’m sorry.” He started, Seolah set her cup down and looked at him.

“Now, I want you to tell me your side, Seol.” He said with a small smile.

“Oppa, I…I don’t understand you.”

Chanyeol leaned back on his seat, clearly uncomfortable.

“You…You and I discussed this when our parents announced this to us. You said..You said we had no choice but to follow them.”

“Seol, I know~”

“And now, things have been set, preparations have been made, you want to back out?”

“I didn’t say that, I just wanted for us to rethink everything.” He explained to her, Seolah shook her head.

“Oppa, what’s there to rethink?”

“Seolah, we’re talking about our future here. We might hurt each other if we do things rashly.”

Seolah’s thoughts went to the black Rolls Royce she saw Chanyeol get in the other night.

“You really think so, oppa?”

“I do.” He nodded at her, Seolah chuckled.

“It doesn’t seem that way. There must be another reason. Another person.”

“Seolah, what are you~”

“Let’s not discuss this. Things have been decided already.” She cut him off and left the table.

 

 

Alessa looked around the house, it was strangely empty. She checked the time on her phone, it was just four in the afternoon. Lucas had requested that she come home early because he wanted to watch some old movies with her.

She pulled her Versace robe closer to her body as she made her way to the swimming pool, she put her phone aside before picking up one of the giant unicorn floaters, courtesy of her very mature brother, and set off for the pool.

She closed her eyes as she lay on the floater, letting her thoughts consume her. And then she paused.

Two weeks. Two ing weeks, Alessa.

Still no plans on un-crushing the guy? Nope? Nada?

Nothing?

“But I don’t get tummy aches as often.” She murmured in Mandarin as she stretched her legs. She closed her eyes again and let sleep consume her.

Meanwhile, Lucas was at the garden, directing a KFC food truck towards their lawn, while a worried Ahee looked on.

“Oh, they’re here.” She spoke, Lucas followed her gaze as a black Audi R8, followed by an Aston Martin DB8 rolled into the property.

Kai slid down from his car and laughed as soon as he saw the truck, Baekhyun appeared from his DB8 and grew amused at the set up.

“Wow, Lucas, this is very Alessa Wong.” Kai joked as he looked around. Ahee was about to reply when a matte black G-Class Wagon parked across them, a stressed out Chanyeol slid down from the vehicle. He was dressed in distressed skinny jeans and loose muscle top.

“Look at our favorite CEO channeling his inner homeless person.” Kai murmured.

“Is Alessa home?” He asked.

“Y—Yes, sunbae. She’s probably resting.” Ahee replied, Baekhyun and Kai glanced at each other.

Something was wrong.

“By the pool, hyung. Go ahead.” Lucas called out, Ahee balked at him.

 

 

Alessandra winced as she stretched her arms, she slowly sat up and was surprised by how dark it had gotten. She slid down from the floater and waded towards the pool’s ladder, she slowly climbed up and searched for her rove.

“Alessa!”

She froze as she heard the familiar voice, she flinched.

Please let that just be my imagination.

Just my imagination.

Fine, I admit it. I have a crush on him.

But please, I’m just imagining things.

She turned and mentally cursed herself in Chinese and Korea. Chanyeol was making his way towards her, he paused as he saw her lack of clothing.

Swimwear by Louis Vuitton, not that it matters anyway.

Where the is my robe?

He politely looked away as Alessa scrambled towards her robe, she quickly draped it around her.

“I—I didn’t know…Where we expecting you?” She blurted out, Chanyeol finally looked at her. He paused, he was staring at her. Alessa was making her way towards one of the lounge seats while pulling her hair in a high ponytail. She barely had any makeup on and he could see the faint blush on her cheeks as she sat down.

He blinked to himself and quickly shook his head.

“Uh..Surprise?” He said apologetically.

“Huh?” She asked as she gestured for him to sit across her. Chanyeol puffed his cheeks and approached the girl.

“Lucas invited me and some other friends over, he’s throwing a surprise party for you right now. And I just ruined it.” He murmured, Alessa chuckled and shook her head.

“Okay, so, what…Are you okay?” She faced him, Chanyeol bit his lower lip.

“I might have messed things..”

“What?”

“I made things worse than they already are.” He finished as he stood up, he poured the girl a glass of juice and handed it to her.

“I spoke with Seolah earlier, she got angry.” He said helplessly, Alessa paused, she sighed at him.

“She doesn’t want to..think about it?” She asked carefully, he nodded back.

Do I look like some kind of expert in this field?

I don’t even know how to deal with you.

“She doesn’t want to…stop the wedding.”

“Wow, best wishes.” She couldn’t stop herself, Chanyeol eyed her warily. Alessa couldn’t help but smile, also helpless.

“Chanyeol-ah, I don’t..really know what to say. I mean, sure, you tried to…You know what, let’s just eat.” She sighed as she stood up, Chanyeol followed her.

“I’m sorry for ruining your surprise.” He murmured as he walked with the girl.

“I’ll let you ruin my wedding in return.” Chanyeol offered as the girl picked up another towel to dry the tips off her hair.

“You really want to go on that path?” She asked him dryly, Chanyeol chuckled, his brows rows as he noticed that her robe’s belt was a little too loose.

“What are friends for, Alessa? Surely, you can do that for me.” He answered as he unthinkingly leaned over to tightened the belt around her waist, Alessa gasped.

“Sorry! I just thought~” He halted as he realized how close their faces were to each other. And for a moment, a nice citrusy scent engulfed him.

“It’s fine, I didn’t notice~”

“Laopo!” A masculine voice came calling towards them, Chanyeol dropped his hands to his side and glanced behind him.

Alessa followed his gaze and she paused.

“Laopo,” The tall male was smiling as he jogged towards them. Chanyeol’s forehead creased, his mind went back to fifteen years ago. His mother had hired a tutor for him to teach him Mandarin and Japanese.

“Hedi.” Alessa blurted out, she was already smiling.

Laopo?

“You’re here!” Alessa spoke, the male snorted at her before leaning over to press his lips on her nose.

Chanyeol blinked, confused.

Wife.

His eyes widened in realization, he looked up and looked at the two. Alessa was still talking to the male, he had taken her hand in his.

 

Chanyeol noticed the ring on the male’s finger, Alessa and the newcomer had matching ones.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++