008

Crush

 

The meeting started, Alessa kept her eyes on the screen as the speaker continued with the data and the amount of land the government was willing to give up for the project.

“About the architectural firm taking on this project, what shall we do? A bidding? Or do you have anyone in mind?” Chanyeol spoke.

Alessa was in the middle of reading her handouts, she looked up. Her secretary looked at her oddly.

“Vice president, what do you think?” Her secretary spoke softly, Alessa blinked and looked up.

“Uhm,” She cleared , her secretary almost choked on his water.

His boss never uhm-ed.

“Usually, our protocol would be a bidding or a series of proposals made by firms. We can even hold a competition to see whose plans are the best.” She said quickly, Chanyeol nodded and glanced at the two Lotte executives with him.

“Of course, we would like to hear what you think about it, vice chairman.” She said as she looked up briefly, she chewed on her lower lip.

“I think the proposal thing would be a better choice. Shall we put in a vote?” Chanyeol faced her again, she flinched and nodded to herself.

“Vice president?”

Alessandra nodded and placed her hands on the table.

“We’ll go with that then, you know the market better, vice chairman.”

The girl’s secretary’s eyes widened, he wasn’t sure if he heard it right. But the young male before her smiled good-naturedly.

“We’ll announce about the event then.”

Alessandra nodded back, she glanced at her secretary.

“I have to meet manager Song, right? I’ll be down~”

“No, vice president, we reserved a table at Korea House.” He replied quickly, proud of himself.

At her confused expression, the secretary stood up and spoke.

“Vice chairman Park, we reserved a table for us at Korea House. We would love it if you and your directors could join us.”

Alessa’s eyes went to her secretary, she was staring at him oddly.

We did what?

“Sure, it would be a nice way to discuss more about the project, we’ll be there.” One of the Lotte directors replied, Chanyeol nodded and the other males stood up.

Alessandra puffed her cheeks and followed suit.

“I’ll see you later then, vice president Wong.” Chanyeol said pleasantly as he extended his hand to her.

Again?

Isn’t this enough friendliness for one day?

“Yes, see you later.” She said through gritted teeth before shaking his hand.

 

 

“You have to help me.” Alessa said in hushed tones, the male from the other line chuckled.

“Help on what?” He replied.

“Vice president,” Her secretary held the elevator’s doors for her, she glared at him before going inside. The male was dumbfounded.

“Pa asked me to handle this project in Seoul, I can’t, I don’t want to do it.” She reasoned, her friend snorted.

“You don’t want to? Since when did you not like working?”

“Di, I don’t like working with others.” She said to him dryly.

“No, there’s must be another reason behind this. I’ll call Lucas.”

“You don’t~”

“Bye bye!” He said before ending the call, Alessandra exhaled and put her phone away, her eyes went to her secretary.

“Lunch?” She spoke.

“Isn’t that our protocol, vice president? You told me to arrange a meal after every business~”

“But you didn’t tell me.” She half-whined, which stunned her secretary of three years, the male scratched the back of his head.

“You told me that~”

“Never mind, make sure it won’t be a long lunch.” She crossed her arms and leaned back on the wall.

 

 

“She’s a little…scary, sir.”

Chanyeol glanced at his secretary and grinned at him.

“I met her at Suho hyung’s wedding, she doesn’t talk much.”

“I can see that, however, she’s very beautiful.” The male said in quiet tone as they crossed WongShen’s lobby. Chanyeol grew amused and shook his head.

“You don’t find her beautiful, vice chairman?” He blinked at him.

“Very. But, work is work.” He rolled his eyes at him, then they saw the young lady walking across them.

She paused when she saw them, Chanyeol was about to speak when a familiar male approached her.

“Oh, it’s the director Han.” His secretary spoke, Chanyeol looked at the male again.

“Ah, HS Group’s son.” He said, and then he noticed that he was carrying a bouquet of flowers with him.

“Are they a~”

He was speaking to Alessandra and he offered the flowers to her, Chanyeol saw the girl shake her head slightly. Before giving him a polite bow and sidestepping him.

“W—Whoa.” His secretary was amazed, Alessandra walked straight towards the waiting car and slid inside without glancing back at the young executive.

“Yeah, Kai could never charm her.” Chanyeol smiled to himself and shook his head.

 

 

Alessa was staring the face of her Cartier timepiece as she took her seat, she chewed on her lower lip as Chanyeol sat down right across her.

No, I can do this.

He’s just man. Psssh.

Nothing to worry about, I’ll get over this.

“Lucas mentioned that you usually joined them for basketball.” She spoke, not hearing her own voice. Chanyeol nodded.

“I do, sometimes I drop by at the campus to join them, Kai and Baekhyun too.”

“Ah, yes.” She murmured, not really knowing how to continue. Chanyeol grew amused, he had a feeling the girl wasn’t the type to make small talk. And yet, she disliked the silence in the room. The other directors were talking amongst themselves, they were probably terrified of talking to her.

“How’s your stay in Seoul so far? I heard you were based in Shanghai originally.” Chanyeol asked as they were served tea, he noticed how the girl’s brows furrowed at the sight of it.

“Seoul’s…Well, S—Seoul’s a bit too relaxed for me.” She answered.

“And that’s a bad thing?” He smiled as he started to pour himself a cup, he decided to leave on empty. He saw Alessandra smile to herself and pushed the empty cup away.

“Well, not exactly, I’m just not used to it, I guess.” She sounded unsure, which confused the Park heir but he nodded along.

“You like the hustle and bustle of Shanghai.” He said, Alessandra looked up, her eyes met his briefly before she looked away.

“Shanghai…Shanghai is comfortable.” She nodded simply, she glanced at her secretary.

“Can you check on the food?” She spoke to him, the male nodded and stepped out of the room.

“Ah, right, before I forget,” Chanyeol took out his business card, Alessandra balked.

“Here, my card. It’s okay if I ask for yours, right?” He asked with that damned smile of his.

No?

No.

Nope.

She took out one of hers and slid it across the table, not wanting to touch his hand.

“Then, I suggest we stop being formal with each other, it would be awkward if I call you Alessandra-ssi, right? Just Alessandra sounds wrong too.” He asked carefully.

Vice president Wong sounds fine to me.

“If you’re uncomfortable about it, I can stick with~”

Alessandra panicked, not wanting to appear too cocky or uppity.

“Alessa’s fine, mister Park!” She said too quickly that the others in the room stared at her oddly, she mentally screamed.

 

“Then, Chanyeol’s fine too, Alessa.” He chuckled at her.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++