015

Crush

 

 

Seolah stood up from the reserved table and made her way out of the restaurant, she realized she’d left her pack of tissues in the car. She made her way towards the building’s doors and paused when her phone vibrated.

She took it out and grew excited when she read who had sent her a message.

I have to cancel tonight, something came up.

I’m sorry. –Chanyeol

She stopped, her forehead creased as she read the text again, she exhaled before typing in a short reply. Seolah stepped out through the doors.

“What was I expecting?” She murmured, and then she noticed a familiar silhouette across the street.

“He’s here.” She murmured as she continued to walk, Chanyeol was walking around a black Rolls Royce in a rush, he quickly slid inside the driver’s side.

Seolah exhaled and watched as the car sped away from the street, she studied the car’s plate number listlessly before going to her own.

“I really hope we would work, Park Chanyeol.”

 

 

Alessa was staring at the calm waters of Han River while Chanyeol surped on his cup ramen beside her. She glanced at her take out sushi before gently setting them down on the bench between them.

“Sorry, I dragged you here.” Chanyeol faced her, she shook her head.

“I haven’t been around this area for quite a while.” She said as she picked up a piece of sushi and popped it in , she leaned back on the bench and stretched her legs before her.

“I applaud you, you know.” He suddenly spoke, Alessa’s eyes doubled in size and she looked at him.

“W—Why?”

“I know WongShen is not a small company, and yet, you manage to run it, also, watching over Lucas and taking care of your child.”

Alessa almost choked on her sushi.

A child?

What child?

“Child?” She asked him, Chanyeol nodded as he opened the bottle of juice for her.

“The other night, didn’t you mention that you have a child?” He said as he handed it to her, Alessa took it from him and took a small sip. Her thoughts went back to the party and the chat she had with Seolah.

“Ah,” She blurted out.

“I was talking about Lucas. I don’t..have children.” She said awkwardly. Chanyeol chewed on his lower lip.

“Oh, I thought you…Well,” He glanced at her wedding ring again.

“Then, can I ask why were you hiding from someone?”

“You’re not going to ask who I was hiding from?” He asked her as he leaned back on the bench, Alessa grew stunned when he took her juice and took one long swing from it.

That’s mine, but not that it matters anymore.

“My parents arranged me to marry Seolah a few years back, at first I was okay with it, you know.”

Alessa nodded, now she felt a bad for him. He was engaged to a big bully.

“Then, something happened, and I don’t think I am okay with the whole setup anymore. It’s….uncomfortable.” He said without glancing at her, Alessa followed his gaze, he was staring at the water.

Well, it’s also a little uncomfortable sitting here right next to you, but not that it matters anymore.

In all honesty, though, I can’t relate.

No one has forced me to get married yet.

“Then, talk to your parents about it.” She said helplessly, Alessa was never the type to give advices to her friends. Scratch that, her friends never really asked her for advices. They all thought she was too cold for that kind of thing.

“I know that, but,” Chanyeol looked around them, there were a lot of people roaming about and it was getting a little chilly.

“I don’t want to cause any trouble.” He replied as he started to shake his coat off, Alessa stared at him as he placed it over her lap.

You see, the problem here is that, you don’t have to be so nice to me.

It’s uncomfortable!

And then Chanyeol started to chuckle softly, Alessa turned to him. He was looking back at her.

“I’m sorry for dumping all this on you, you can leave me here if you need to go home. I’ll just take a cab later.”

“It’s fine. I mean, you don’t have to apologize. I don’t..really mind.” She said.

“Then, I hope,” He raised his bottled water at her, Alessa had no choice but to pick up her juice. Or his juice. Whatever.

“Here’s to our friendship. We’re friends, right?” He said cheerfully, Alessa nodded quickly and bumped the bottle with his.

“It’s getting a little dark; I’ll walk you back to your car.” Chanyeol offered as they stood up.

Alessandra mentally groaned.

 

 

Alessa looked up from her bowl of cereal as Lucas strolled into the dining room, her brother was eyeing her warily.

“What is it? Didn’t like the car?” She asked.

“No, I like it, thanks for that, jie. However,” He spoke as he took his seat across her. Alessandra set the newspaper down looked at him.

“However, what?”

“Why did you come home so late last night? Where were you? I called the office but they said you left early.” He said suspiciously as he bathed his pancakes with syrup.

“Ya, I’m your~”

“Who were you with? You don’t even like going out at night.” He continued, Alessa closed .

“I was out for dinner, okay? With a friend.”

“Friend? You don’t have a lot of those in town.” Lucas snorted, clearly not letting go of the topic. Alessandra exhaled and shook her head.

“l’ll discuss tonight’s menu with the kitchen, so why don’t you stop~”

“Jie, you were out with a guy. It’s so obvious,” He rolled his eyes as he chewed, Alessa finished her coffee and stood up.

“You better not be late for class.” She muttered before walking away from the table and heading straight for the kitchen. Lucas grinned to himself as he continued his meal happily.

“She doesn’t realize it but,” He said as he looked at the paper, there was already an article about his family’s company and Lotte partnering up for a project.

“It’s been over two weeks already.”

 

 

Chanyeol straightened his tie as he stood in the lobby, his secretary and other Lotte executives were waiting behind him. He could hear the other directors talking amongst themselves, he noticed that they were a little intimidated by Alessa, and he could not understand why. Well, Alessa was not the most approachable person, he had to admit that, but she wasn’t as scary or terrifying like his friends had said. She was kinda cool, chic, kind of mysterious, but somehow it was charming.

Chanyeol shook his head, and looked up. A black Rolls Royce pulled over the curb, her secretary stepped down from the seat to open the door. And then there she was, clad in a nice black and white skirt suit matched with a small Chanel purse that hung over her shoulder delicately.

Her eyes widened when she saw them, but she gave him a small nod as she walked towards them.

“Vice president Wong.” One of the directors greeted her as she entered the building.

“Nice to see you again, director Shin.” She said coolly as she shook the man’s hand. Chanyeol faced her and smiled.

“I trust that you got home safely last night?” He asked as they walked together, she nodded.

“I did, thanks for asking.” She replied, she looked around them, wanting not to walk with him alone. The other directors were behind them, maintaining a polite space between the two executives. She puffed her cheeks.

“I thought about what you said,”

She glanced at him, her brows furrowing.

“Talking to my parents about the issue, but, it might put Seolah in a risky position too.”

“Then, there is no escape.” She replied, Chanyeol blinked at her, she blinked back.

“I—I was joking. Sorry.” She muttered under her breath, Chanyeol chuckled.

“I don’t really know what to say, my parents..never put me in that position.” She said helplessly as they waited for the elevator.

“You’re one of the lucky ones then. You get to choose whom to marry.” He replied as the doors pinged open, Alessa was about to react when she felt his palm on the small of her back.

Behind them, her secretary panicked as soon as he saw the male touching his boss. No one really dared to touch his boss except for a very few number of friends and family, but the Lotte heir seemed not to be fazed by her.

“Your husband must have not had a hard time with his in-laws then.” He mused as they got in the elevator.

Alessa balked at him.

Husband?

What husband?

Chanyeol dropped his hand from her back and leaned against the elevator walls.

“Oh, let’s have lunch together. This time it’s on me.” He said with his usual bright smile before facing forward again. She felt her tummy tighten and she turned away from him, she shook her head in annoyance. Well, she was annoyed with herself.

 

Lunch again. With you.

When will this ever stop?

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++