039

Crush

“Your family’s elders are nice.” Chanyeol said happily as Alessa walked him to his car, she blinked at him.

“No one has said that about my grandfather. Ever.”

“Why? He’s so funny, especially when he thought that the kimchi was~”

“What I meant was that…most…well, people are terrified of him.”

“People? You mean your other suitors? They’ve met your grandfather as well?” His tone was teasing, but the crease on his forehead said another story.

“No, none of them were as gutsy as yourself, mister Park.” She said dryly as they reached his car, Chanyeol chuckled.

“But, what are you wearing to your mother’s party?” He asked her while leaning back against the vehicle’s door.

“Probably..black? Why?” Alessa said while fidgeting with the string of his hoodie, Chanyeol smiled and nodded.

“I’ll try to match with you.”

“Wow, it must be so hard to look for a black tuxedo.” She nodded back sarcastically, Chanyeol snorted and just leaned forward to press his forehead briefly against hers.

Alessa stilled for a moment, Chanyeol let go of her and just tugged on the hem of his hoodie that she was still wearing.

“I’ll see you tomorrow, miss Wong.” He winked before getting inside the vehicle, Alessa puffed her cheeks and gave him a small wave before he sped away.

 

 

Lucas looked up as he heard his sister walk in the dining room, she paused briefly as soon as she saw him.

“Your brother has decided to join us for breakfast.” Her grandfather spoke as she sat down.

“I wonder why.” Alessa replied coolly as she asked for her coffee, she felt her father peering at her.

“I came here to speak with ma, but she left early.” Lucas replied as he picked up a slice of toast for himself.

“Is that really a good idea?” She asked without looking up from her plate, Lucas’s eyes went to his sister, analyzing her actions.

“I heard your mother and the young lady doesn’t get along, why is that?”

“It’s not like that, pa. Ma doesn’t like her.” Alessa spoke, their father turned to Lucas.

“Why is that?” Grandpa Wong spoke.

“Do I need to explain that? It’s quite obvious why.” Alessa said as she finished her coffee.

“Jie, stop it.” Lucas said to her, his tone flat.

“Don’t you dare bring her to that party, Yukhei. I warn you, do not cross me.”

“Kids,” The Wong elder sighed, while the grandfather flinched, not used to seeing his granddaughter’s other side.

“Jie, you don’t have a say in this. I don’t care what you think.” Lucas smirked at her, Alessa paused briefly.

Fine, bring her. Advertise to everyone how low your standards are, you fool.” She spat before leaving the table.

“Alessandra!” Her father called for her, but she was already on her way to her waiting car.

“Lucas,”

“I don’t get the two of them, pa.” Lucas said, not wanting to discuss things any further.

 

 

“Things are not going to get better because you asked him not to bring her along.” Dylan pointed out as Alessa looked at her reflection.

She was wearing an off-shouldered black and white mini dress that covered her arms.

“Dylan, no one knows what she has in mind for her. This is a party, anything could~”

“I know that, but don’t you trust your brother? He can protect her.”

“I don’t want Lucas to get hurt, Didi. And I don’t Ahee to get caught up~”

“Alessandra?”

They both looked up, Alessa broke into a smile as she walked towards her older cousin.

“Miyoung unnie.” She said before hugging the girl.

“Tiffany Hwang!” Dylan hollered as he joined the two and engulfed them in a big group hug.

“Auntie told me to come up to check on you, looking good.” Tiffany said teasingly as she patted the girl’s arm.

“Really? She said that out of concern?” Alessa replied dryly, the older chuckled as they stepped out of the room, Dylan grinned at the two as he took out his phone to text his friends.

“I know, I heard about what happened with Lucas. That’s really too much, auntie’s being unreasonable.” Tiffany pointed out as they stepped out of the patio doors, Alessa nodded and she looked up.

Her mother had set up a huge garden party, there were a lot of guests that it made her a little dizzy. But everything looked perfect, from the lights, the pool, and also the tent that was put up at the center of the property.

“You should meet her, unnie. She’s very..sweet and I’ve never met anyone who can put up with Lucas like that.”

“Our baby boy is quite a handful, huh?” She laughed, Alessa shook her head while grinning.

“So, what’s with you and the Lotte boy, hmm?” She nudged Alessa in a playful manner, the latter balked at the girl.

“Unnie, I~”

“It’s the talk of the town. I don’t know why you’re still not with him by now. He’s perfect for you.”

 

 

Chanyeol exhaled as he looked at the party, he felt someone stand beside him.

“I heard you met the rest of the elders, congratulations, you survived.” Kai said jokingly as he urged for the older male to walk with him.

“Alessa kept on saying that she doesn’t want to see Lucas and Ahee in this party.” He stated, Kai nodded back.

“I heard about it, apparently, their mother doesn’t approve of her, and Alessa’s doing the same.”

“You believe that?” Chanyeol glanced at his friend, Kai slowly shook his head.

“No. Everyone knows how protective she is over him, and that their mother can be…overbearing but,”

Chanyeol stopped walking, his eyes were on the center of the party. Kai grinned as he followed the male’s gaze, he chuckled.

“Oh, Miyoung noona’s in town.” The Samsung son commented, he glanced at the older male again.

tumblr_oipnb1hhne1rqp5sho2_250.gif

“Wow.” Chanyeol murmured softly.

“Ariana was right.” Kai nodded along, Chanyeol looked at him.

“What?”

God is a woman.” Kai chuckled and patted his back before walking ahead of him, Chanyeol blinked, his eyes went to the party again.

tumblr_oipnb1hhne1rqp5sho6_250.gif

Alessa paused when she saw him, a small knowing smile appeared on her face, she excused herself from her cousin and made her way towards him.

“You’re early.” She said, Chanyeol swallowed and offered his arm to her. Alessa grew amused and hooked her arm with his.

“I wanted to see you.” He replied softly, Alessa scrunched her nose at him but she led him to their table.

 

“I know, I was hoping that you’d be early too.” She gave his hand a small squeeze before sitting down.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++