006

Crush

The ceremony started, and Alessa’s discomfort continued. Her brother was beside her, chatting with his friends, occasionally tall dude, Chanyeol add in their conversation and laugh along.

Alessa let out a small sigh, and kept her eyes forward.

“You must feel hot,” He suddenly spoke, she blinked twice before glancing at him.

“N—No, I’m okay.”

“I’ll ask for some water.” He said kindly before standing up from his seat, Alessandra balked.

“Oh, did hyung leave, jie?” Lucas noticed the empty seat beside her, and then he looked at his sister’s face. His brows went up.

“Are you okay, noona? You look like you’ve been drinking.” He chuckled before using his hand to fan her face.

“I—It’s just hot.” She replied quickly. Lucas was about to reply when his eyes went past her shoulder, Chanyeol had returned with a bottle of water in hand.

“Here,” He said as he twisted the lid for her, Alessa glanced at his brother, as if asking for help. But Lucas went back to chatting with Jaehyun.

“T—Thanks.” She said lowly as she took the drink from him, Alessa chewed on her lower lip before taking a small sip.

“Suho hyung mentioned you met him curing college, did you go to SNU too?” Chanyeol asked her, she could feel his gaze on her.

“I did, for a semester.” She said before standing up, Chanyeol grew surprised.

“I…I have call to make, thanks.” She said as she returned the bottle to him. The Park male just watched as the young lady rushed away from him.

“Did..I say something wrong?” He murmured to himself.

 

 

Alessandra was pacing back and forth behind the catering truck while pressing her phone to her ear.

“Hello?” A voice answered in Chinese.

“Di, it’s me, I~”

“Wow, you finally remembered to tell me that you’re in Korea?” They voice asked dryly, Alessa sighed.

“I had to rush here because Lucas got in trouble, but I need to tell you~”

“I’ll call you back later, I’m in a meeting.”

Alessa groaned, the voice chuckled before ending the call. She puffed her cheeks and pressed her palms against her cheeks.

She wasn’t used to it.

She wasn’t used to feel that uncomfortable feeling in the pit of her stomach or feeling conscious about everything. She was not used to not meeting people’s gazes and talking to them in her usual direct manner.

And she was so not used to having a crush.

“Wait, it’s only for two weeks max.” She said to herself. She had that talent too, Alessa got crushes rarely, and she usually forgets about them in just a few number of days.

“I’ll probably forget about him next week. He’s just one tall attractive dude. I’m okay.” She said in Mandarin, as she walked around the truck.

Alessa righted the strap of her purse on her shoulder and made her way back to the ceremony, she paused when she noticed that it was finally over and everyone was heading for the glass pavilion.

“Alessandra Wong?”

 

 

Kai was grinning as he spotted an old friend, she looked up and met his gaze.

“Suho hyung said you would come, and I didn’t buy it.” He said jokingly before opening his arms to the girl, she shook her head at him before giving the male a quick hug.

“I was already planning on going, I just had to fly earlier because Lucas…you know.” She explained, Kai chuckled.

“The pub brawl.” He mused, Alessa’s eyes went to Suho and his wife.

“Right, have you met the others? Baekhyun hyung mentioned you terrified him.” He added.

“What others? I’m here for Suho oppa and~”

“Jie, we’re on table five.” Lucas was hopping towards them.

“Yeah, hyung arranged it so that you’d be with familiar faces.”

“Does that include you?” Alessa eyed him warily, Kai grinned and bumped fists with her as they reached the pavilion.

“I’m all you’ve got, babe.”

“Get lost.” She sighed, Kai laughed before approaching the couple.

“Jie, why are you so red?” Lucas asked as he escorted her to their assigned table.

 

 

“Oh, she’s chummy with Kai.” Baekhyun spoke, Chen followed his gaze, his eyes widened as soon as he saw the girl.

“That’s her? Lucas’s sister? Daebak.”

“Exactly.” Baekhyun nodded solemnly, Chanyeol followed his friends’ gazes. There she was again; she was talking to her brother as they approached their table.

“Pretty, right?” Baekhyun nudged him, Chanyeol looked at him.

“Well, she’s a little~”

“This is our table.” Lucas spoke, Alessa paused, her eyes swept across them. Chanyeol caught how quickly her expression changed.

It was from a small smile to an expression of discomfort.

“Have a seat.” Baekhyun said to her with a smile. Alessa looked at the two empty seats, one was beside Jaehyun and another male.

The other one was between Chanyeol and Baekhyun.

It would be weird if I just go ahead and sit down beside Jaehyun, but I don’t think he’d think~

She paused when Lucas plopped down beside his friend, Alessa felt genuinely offended.

“Look, it’s my favorite hoobae.”

She turned, Suho was approaching them, she gave him a smile.

“Oppa, congratulations.” She greeted him and gave a polite bow to his bride.

“Come on, sit down. We need to take photos.” Suho urged her to sit, her eyes went to the seat again and she panicked.

I can just stand!

Baekhyun pulled the chair for her, Alessa’s forehead creased, but Suho gently pushed her towards the chair and she had no choice but to sit.

Chanyeol looked at her and smiled.

“We meet again, Alessandra-ssi.”

And her tummy did that thing again.

 

I want to go home now.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++