038

Crush

“Chanyeol, it’s getting late.” Alessa said as the Mercedes G-Class wagon slowed down, she glanced at the window and was a little confused.

“You said you wanted to get dinner outside Seoul.” She said to him, Chanyeol nodded, he was looking for a parking spot. He had one hand on the wheel and his other one was on the gear stick, Alessa bit on her lip.

“Why are we here? Of all places?” She spoke again, he didn’t reply, he was still searching for a good spot.

Alessa’s forehead creased, she wasn’t dressed for the beach, and it looked it was getting cold out.

“You never mentioned going out for a swim.” She murmured, he finally found a spot, Alessa pursed her lips before poking his hand on the gear stick, his eyes went to her and he grinned.

“Impatient, aren’t we?” He mused as he reverse parked and put the car on park.

“I mean, it’s cold outside and look at what I’m wearing.” She pointed out, Chanyeol shook his head at her.

“I got you.” He said before sliding down from the car, she followed suit and looked around her. It was already five in the afternoon and outdoor restaurants were starting to open for business.

“Here,” Chanyeol approached her with one of his oversized designer hoodies.

“Don’t worry, it’s clean. I always have one on in the car.” His grin was so infectious that she had to smile back at him.

“Thank you, although, this might make me look like a~”

“A cute little dwarf that I want to put in my pocket.” He cooed, Alessa glared at him.

“Put it on, Alessa. It quite chilly.” He mussed her hair before heading towards the beach, Alessa sighed and put the hoodie on, she paused as his familiar scent surrounded her. She tugged on the sleeves so she could keep her hands warm inside and she padded after him.

“Gettingg seafood is a must.” Chanyeol said to her as she reached him, Alessa flinched as the cold breeze hit her, he chuckled before opening one arm to her.

“You want?” He offered with a small smile, Alessa paused briefly, but she inched closer to him.

“This is probably something you planned.” She muttered as Chanyeol put one arm around her, he laughed and shook his head.

“Not really, we’re here so you can relax, young miss.”

“Chanyeol, I hate the beach.” She stated as she glanced up at him, suddenly being reminded how tall he was.

“But you don’t hate my company.” He hummed, Alessa elbowed him, he laughed before pulling her closer to his chest.

“I’m serious, Alessa, we’re here so you can relax even for a while. You need it.”

 

 

Dylan leaned back on the divan, he had his feet propped on the coffee table as he spoke. He was FaceTiming his three friends through his iPad.

“So you all are flying over this weekend?”

“Of course, my parents will kill me if I miss out ayi’s birthday.” Darren mused, the other two agreed in unison.

“You guys, you have no idea how crazy it is right now, Lucas left home. Alessandra’s…a mess.”

“They fought?” Connor asked, his friend could see that he was still inside his office.

“They never fight though.” Caesar commented, Darren yawned before Dylan replied.

“Yukhei is seeing this girl, ayi doesn’t approve of her.”

“Oh.” Caesar shook his head, knowing that the Mrs. Wong always meant what she said.

“She wants to break up the two, and Alessa volunteered that she’d do it herself.” Dylan continued.

“Alessa? Does she not like the girl also?” Darren spoke, Dylan shook his head.

“No, in fact, she does like her. That’s why she’s doing it herself. And as a result, Lucas is angry with her.” Dylan frowned.

“What did jie do?” Caesar asked.

“Ayi invited the girl to the party, Alessa went to her to tell her not to. She said that she’d be an embarrassment if their family member meet her.”

Caesar and Connor flinched.

“I’m guessing the reason why ayi didn’t approve of her is because she’s….?” Darren trailed off.

“Yeah.” Dylan sighed and puffed his cheeks.

“I tell you, ge, Alessa…she’s very unstable right now. Lucas and her aren’t in speaking terms. And,” Dylan paused, his lips started to quirk up.

“What now?” Connor sighed, he knew that grin well.

It translated to one thing. Dylan wants to stir trouble.

“Guan Hong, weren’t you almost arranged to marry Alessa?”

“Dylan, don’t.” Caesar murmured.

“What now, kid?” Darren chuckled.

“You remember that dude I mentioned? The one working with her?”

“The one jie trips over?” Caesar laughed.

“Him. Let’s make him jealous!”

“I thought we were going to help Lucas.” Connor murmured, he was checking on his phone.

“In a way we are, you have to meet this "da ge", he’s amazing.” Dylan perked up.

“Why? Alessa hasn’t killed him yet?”

“No, she’s..different around him. She’s softer. And..smiley. Huh.”

The three guffawed. And with that, the Shanghai squad all agreed to stay in Seoul longer than they planned.

 

 

Lucas’s forehead creased as Ahee took the seat across him.

“At some point, my phone will burst into flames. You keep on calling.” She said to him, he nodded back before meeting her gaze.

“I’m sory, Ahee. I don’t know what came over my sister, she’s never said anything.” He reached for her hand across the table, Ahee’s gave him a small smile.

“She wants me not to go to the party, Lucas.”

“I know.”

“I want to not follow her.”

Lucas stilled, he looked at the girl, confused.

“What?”

“Your mother went to my house to personally invite me. She even sent me clothes and shoes for that, Lucas. I don’t want to do that to your mom.”

Lucas paused, he couldn’t explain it to her. He had a bad feeling about his mother inviting Ahee over. What if his sister acting strangely was somehow related to their mother?

“Ahee, we don’t really need to be at that party. I don’t even have plans of going.” Lucas stated in a soft tone. Ahee paused, she met Lucas’s gaze evenly, she chewed on her lower lip before speaking again.

“So, you’re okay with that? You wont fight for us?”

Lucas stilled, he started to panic.

No, I want to protect you from my family.

“Ahee~”

“Lucas, at least let my prove myself to your sister.”

 

 

Chanyeol glanced over at Alessa as they pulled in the Wong property, she was staring at her palms, not speaking.

“Did you like the food?” He asked as he gently stepped on the brakes. Alessa turned to him and smiled, she playfully waved her sweater paws at him.

“I did, thank you, Yeol.”

“I’ll walk you to the door.” Chanyeol said before going down from the car, Alessa followed him, she slung her purse over one shoulder.

“Oh, right, your hoodie.” She paused as he reached her.

“It’s fine, you keep it.” Chanyeol said to her as they walked towards the house’s front doors, and then Alessa paused when she noticed the amount of cars at the driveway.

“You must have some guests over.” Chanyeol said as he followed her gaze, Alessa halted, her hand shot up to his arm.

“Yeol, you have to go.” She muttered as she tried to pull him back towards his car.

“What?” Chanyeol was confused, he let the girl tug him back to the car.

“I had a great time, you’re the best. I’d do it again, and next time I’m paying. But right now, you have to~”

“So, you’re a rapper now?” Chanyeol joked as he gently tugged on her hair, and then he reached out to gently cup her cheek.

“Chanyeol,” Alessa whined, she was pointing to his car.

“What’s this? Are you trying to hide me? Are you embarrassed that I’m~”

“Look, bro, I can’t hide you. You’re too big to hide, and~”

“Oh, Alessandra!”

Alessa stilled, Chanyeol looked up, he saw the elderly man standing by the front doors of the house, beside him stood another male with graying hair.

“Is this the guy, ma? Park Chanyeol?”

Alessa could recognize her father’s accented Korean that he loves mixing up with his Chinese accent, she flinched and looked at Chanyeol.

“Come here, invite him over some tea!” Her grandfather added, Alessa could already hear him teasing her.

“Your father and grandfather?” Chanyeol was beaming back at them before giving a polite bow.

“Get in the car, you giant. I’ll~”

“Oh, come on, I love tea.” Chanyeol chuckled before sidestepping her and walking up towards the house in his usual confident gait. Alessa watched as he greeted the Wong men with ease, her father even patted his shoulder and ushered him into the house while her grandfather was wiggling his brows at her before rushing into the house.

Alessa groaned and just padded towards the door and then she heard it shut.

 

“Hey!” She protested, the guards watching the scene chuckled to themselves.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++